Nerfs and Buffs for Mob Arena

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by carpig, Jul 30, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpig

carpig Member

Right now, things are a bit unbalanced in terms of classes for the Mob Arena. For example, medic and archer pretty much are op, with donor following behind, while all of the other classes get pushed below them. First I'll start with nerfs.
    I think archer is fairly balanced, but maybe a bit more healing items for it?
    Medic, is fairly strong at the moment, even with weak armor and such. I think maybe take away some of the fire resistance, speed, and strength potions so witch can be more used (explained later).
    Buffs:
    Assassin should be buffed a lot. Right now it is mostly just there. Maybe make the sword much stronger. If you didn't know already, knight is stronger than the assassin in a few ways. The only real advantage the assassin has is more potions, and even then it still needs a medic unless the boss never targets you, and you're a god at PvE.
    Knight has weakish armor, and it's sword isn't that great. I'd say give it sharpness, buff it's armor a bit and it's good. The knight's armor and sword is already good, but it is still out-shined by medic by usefulness in many categories, which is my main reason for wanting him to be buffed.As clarification, I only say knight should be buffed because even though it's armor and sword aren't as bad as I make them out to be, they are a little too weak for my liking.
    Tank needs better protection. It right now is just there, and it's armor should be improved so it is a real tank.
    Donor, as BertBerry said, it is unlikely that donor would become only donor. Instead, I would just like if it could have an archer variant too if it ever becomes it's intended purpose.
    Witch, make it more of a support role. Give it the strength, fire resistance, and speed potions. Right now, the witch is very out-shined by the medic (I compare a lot of classes to the medic since the medic is the strongest class in terms of usefulness). The witch probably could do with stronger armor, or a stronger sword. Maybe a very weak bow with effects.
    I'm fairly sure this is all of the classes in the Mob Arena, and I think all of these changes will make the Mob Arena more enjoyable since it would be more diverse, and there could be different strategies used instead of just *choose archer, medic, or donor. All of the other classes suck.*

• Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    -Neutral leaning to support for the Archer one.

-No support for the medic one as if you were to choose Medic you can get killed easier considering our armor isnt that protective.

-Neutral leaning to no support for removing Assassin, it would be fun having multiple classes to choose in the mob arena even if barely anyone selects it.

-Neutral for Knight, I like the way it is right now.

-Neutral leaning to no support for better armor for tank class. As it once had shield but got removed due to people abusing it.

-No support for making Kit Donor more "OP". Its fine the way it is and I dont know if they ever will let it for donors only.

-No support for witches to throw fireballs but neutral for adding a few more potions.

3. carpig

carpig Member

Okay thank you for the reply. Witches throwing fireballs I didn't really think about, but it probably won't work to be honest. When I saw "God class" I was like it can't be the donor class, and it was. But I want to at least have an archer version too. Knight is okay at the moment, but I wish it could be just a bit stronger so I would feel more inclined to using it. And for the assassin, yeah I just saw it and was like "this is fairly weak, why would people use it?" But I guess having multiple options is always nice, but I still think it should be buffed just a bit. Medics kinda just run around all game (like me), and it is possible to make medic have instead more healing since that is mostly what it does, but giving witch the potions will make witch almost on par with medic. Archer is fairly op now that I think about it. Some people can clear rounds on their own with just archer. Though it isn't able to survive without a medic's help, so having more healing would be nice. Again, thank you for your opinion.

4. Mindame

Mindame Active Member

Assassin has the highest damsge on undead (being able to one-shot when buffed with strength). So no support there.
    Knight is a pretty balanced class, you have good armor and a good sword (against undead). So no support there.
    Tank I do think needs a buff since donor outclasses it in protection.
    Witch needs a hard buff, but I am not quite too sure what that entails. The sword needs to be stronger though, that is for sure.
    Archer is alright I think at the moment. They are only op because there is a lot lower chance of being hit.
    Medic armor and sword are a bit too op. The pots they have are fine. Fire resistance isn't too important and speed is a niche but nice buff. Medic does need a nerf.

5. carpig

carpig Member

Okay, thank you. I don't use assassin so I didn't know that, I might try assassin. Even a bit of balancing for medic might help. Knight isn't actually bad, it's just that I kinda want it to be just a bit stronger, not too much. Archer is good to the point of, it can't last without the healing. Thank you for replying!

6. carpig

carpig Member

Okay, so I tried out assassin for the first time. It is strong to the point where it needs speed and strength. As well, if the boss targets it, it is dead if the medic doesn't know what they're doing. As well, instead a better buff for assassin would be either better armor or much more healing. I need a pot or a g'apple every round, even with medic. And assassin has to be usable for when you have big teams, which I doubt it is. Even though I suck at pve, it should be able to let me live for a few minutes, but when the boss root targets you, you're dead. Assassin is I think the most powerful in terms of attack, but it is one of the worst, if not the worst, for surviving and healing. It's protection is too weak, which I think is why nobody uses the assassin class. Though, thanks again for the reply!

7. carpig

carpig Member

For everyone saying that the assassin is decent, compare it to knight. Knight can't really live on it's own, but with a good medic it can go on. The assassin is pretty much a worse knight that can kinda live by itself. At the moment, almost every class relies on a medic since no class is able to survive. I wasn't able to find a medic that was able to actually heal me/read chat, and I wasn't able to get past 12 rounds with either assassin or knight. With the changes I suggested, this strategy would be even more impossible because you would need a medic AND a witch. So therefore, I think knight needs a small healing buff, and assassin needs a HUGE buff. Thank you for all of your replies!

8. carpig

carpig Member

And with this, I learned that the medic nerf wouldn't work. This is mostly because almost every medic thinks they can just attack, and heal for themselves. Or that they can't reach you in time/just instantly die. Sometimes they don't even read the chat, and I just give up. So all of the class changes come down to the player, since any class can be good, it's more of a question of if there are medics to support that person, or if the player knows pve, and what their class is for. I know I kinda ranted there, but this is all fairly true. Thank you for all of your replies!

9. carpig

carpig Member

The medic is basically a more powerful knight, making it almost 2 to 3 times more powerful than the assassin. Why? It has extremely good healing, armor, and it's sword is basically as good as the knights'. So in conclusion, medic needs to be nerfed, and witch, assassin, and tank need to be buffed. Right now donor is a little better than knight in my opinion, so I think it should just stay like that. Archer is very good in long ranged combat, mostly against bosses. In close-hand combat is isn't that great, making it well-balanced, though having extra healing would make it extremely-balanced because it needs a medic right now because of how mob arena works. In conclusion, this is basically the needed buffs and nerfs of classes.

10. Mindame

Mindame Active Member

No there just needs to be less pots overall. If the devs wanted to make Mob Arena not soloable, they need to make it harder. This means either changing the kits or the enemies. Personally, I just want a different Mob Arena. Assassin is fine. It can be quite powerful if you know how to use it and survive.

11. carpig

carpig Member

The medic is basically a more powerful knight, making it almost 2 to 3 times more powerful than the assassin. Why? It has extremely good healing, armor, and it's sword is basically as good as the knights'. So in conclusion, medic needs to be nerfed, and witch, assassin, and tank need to be buffed. Right now donor is a little better than knight in my opinion, so I think it should just stay like that. Archer is very good in long ranged combat, mostly against bosses. In close-hand combat is isn't that great, making it well-balanced, though having extra healing would make it extremely-balanced because it needs a medic right now because of how mob arena works. In conclusion, this is basically the needed buffs and nerfs of classes.
    This is all true. Though with discussion of another mob arena, people dislike the idea. Assassin is fine, but compared to other classes it isn't as great. Even when knowing how to survive, assassin is like medic but without all of the pots, making it tougher to handle and having no reason to use. Less pots wouldn't change much I would think, but it is tough with the context you put it in. Some classes need less pots, some need more. Changing the enemies wouldn't help as much without totally new classes. And again, it is true that assassin can be powerful but look at knight, it has smite II, 1 less than assassin, and has better armor. Both need a medic to buff them to be powerful, and so knight is just overall better in than sense. Thank you for the reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.