My reasons for being inactive as i am

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Darkstar, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkstar

Darkstar Experienced Member

I honestly should have made this a long time ago, like around the 3rd/4th quarter of 2014.

*NOTE* This will be short (ish?) since I'm right now doing last minute cramming for the APUSH test in 6 hours from now.

The reasons why I've been inactive for such a long time is due to school reasons, .... And also steam related reasons.

School related: first semester I had partially some time to go on the server, from 3:00 (when I get home) to 4:50 (when I leave to do homework at a tutoring center cause I get distracted at home) and from 8:30 pm (when I get back) to 10:00 (when I break out my textbooks and study or finish up unfinished bits of homework). At this point in time, I had honestly more time to jump on but I decided not to since if I were to moderate during this time, I'd probably stay all the way up until 3 AM reading the news, going on reddit, and going on steam with moderating on the server included. During the final half of the 1st semester, my class in multimedia was assigned a project called the "final animation" of the 1st semester, which left me having to cram doing the flash animation with my current schedule.
    Now, for this semester. Same shiz as the first semester with a small class period change but that's not really a big of a deal. My class in multimedia this time, was assigned to get into groups and do some animated website about things related to science like addiction, life of a star, phases of water, etc. Which was basically like the final animation from last semester. Now we're to build our own portfolios using what we made previously in the school year. Other than Multimedia, this month I've been cramming for an APUSH test I'm taking tomorrow and for the SAT which I'm taking in June. Now that concludes the school related reasons.

As for Steam related, I have to be honest here. I am addicted to going on steam. If you take a look at my profile on steam (which you can see by going to my information on my profile here and clicking on the steam community link), you'll see that I have a $#@& ton of games (or 99, 99 counts as a ton though right?) with most being in CSGO and War thunder (though I don't really play much of the latter anymore). To answer what I do from 3:00-4:50 in my school related reasons. I spend that time on CSGO or some other game like GTA V. Yes, I do go on as well on the weekends but I've also got Saturday tutoring for writing classes and Sunday school for foreign language (might have wanted to leave this in the school related section but I forgot to) so I basically have a full week of stuff to do other than going on steam.

Now a new factor decided to run and cause a problem for me, which is my comp getting a BSOD (Blue screen of death, hard drive breaking down is the reason. I'd have to spend 300 dollars getting a new hard drive and Windows OS to and breaking down. I've been able to use my parents' computers but I can't load too many programs onto their PCs since they get finicky about it, I did load steam and csgo onto their computers, but I barely have time to go on it now since my parents need their computers for their work (I literally have like, an hour and a half to do whatever I need to do online). I am planning on getting a new PC for myself, but I don't know when I will get it or if I will be able to get it.

So that concludes my reasons for being inactive as i am :/ if you have anything to ask me pertaining to this, then ask away.

2. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

All good, hope everything gets fixed :heart:

3. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Goodluck.

4. ukko124

ukko124 Well-Known Member

Luck will be with you. Always.

5. Incomposed

Incomposed Well-Known Member

Thread Status: