ASIA Mai's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Mai, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

[​IMG]
    Hi everyone! My name is Mai, and I'm eighteen years old. I've decided to go ahead and reapply for the Helper position. I've been very active on the server for a while now so I thought it would be a good idea. I play both economy and survival.
    [​IMG]

Your in-game name and discord tag:
    IGN: maisaaa
    Nickname is 'Mai' in-game

Discord tag: mai!#0122
    Nickname is usually 'serendipity' on the Skyblock Discord.

What time zone are you in?
    UTC+8:00. I live in Malaysia.

Can you speak any additional languages?
    Besides English, I speak Arabic fluently.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    Yes.

How long can you be active on our platforms everyday?
    I can be online in-game for 3-6 hours every day.

With Discord & forums, I am active for longer hours as they are easier to get onto.

When did you first join Skyblock?
    I've been playing on Skyblock since 2012 but joined the forums in 2015.

Have you ever been banned on any platform?
    I've been banned on the forums for a few childish things I've done in the past or just simply misunderstandings.

I have also been banned on the forums for releasing someone's private information back in 2017.

I have been banned in-game a few years back for 'duping'. Items were given to me which I should not have taken. I understand the severity of what I have done, and I have been punished for it accordingly. I have learned from my mistake, and I will not repeat the same mistake again. Although I did not actually dupe, keeping the items is just as bad. I know better now.

You can read more about it here.

Due to the above issue, I was banned on Discord for about a year as well.

Do you have any past moderation experience?
    Been a full mod from 2015-2017, and have also been a forums moderator so I have experience on both the forums and in-game.

I've moderated the Skyblock Discord as well.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    I am..

Patient
    I am a patient person. I understand that things take time and don't happen instantly. Patience is key when it comes to many situations.

Kind
    I am a generally kind person and I like to help people out when they need it. I am not perfect, so of course I make mistakes such as getting into arguments.. but I do learn from those mistakes.

Friendly
    I'm a friendly person and I love to have a good chat with other players. Making new friends is quite fun too.

Helpful
    I am very resourceful and helpful. I enjoy helping people out with their problems, whatever they may be. Makes me happy knowing that I was able to sort out a situation or help a player, or anyone in this case, with their problem.

Mature
    I'm mature. I know how to handle situations in a grown-up and reasonable manner.

Loyal
    I always finish what I start. I stay true to people and I always try my best not to let them down. Loyalty is something I appreciate from others, and so I try to be loyal myself.
    I am also honest. I don't like to lie. I am very truthful about many things, sometimes a little too truthful, but you get the point.

Active
    I am quite active. I hop on the server everyday and as much as I can. I mostly play on /economy but do hop on /skyblock from time to time.

Good at multitasking
    I am able to do multiple things at once and can help with a few tasks at the same time.

I also think that my time zone does not have enough staff members. Whenever I am online during my time zone, most of the time there are no other staff available. I believe if promoted, I could benefit the team when it comes to this issue.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
    Yes, I do.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you all for reading.

• Support Support x 75
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I will be writing my feedback, not as a friend but in the interest of the server. Mai should be selected for the role of helper and here is why. When Mai was staff back in 2015 I had the pleasure of mentoring her and watching her become a fantastic moderator.

She quietly did her moderating duties while maintaining professionalism and never once used her permissions incorrectly. Consequently she was well liked by her team and players alike.

It may be years later but Mai still has the same qualities as before. As a player she is friendly and always open to lend a helping hand. I am online a lot when she is and see how she is. As an informant she quietly will indicate when something is wrong and cause no drama what-so-ever. She does not mini mod or cause distress for players. She has very good judgement, is active on the servers and has proven to be trustworthy and loyal despite past mistakes.

Mai, as mentioned above, has the experience which ensures she can quickly learn new procedures but also gives her past knowledge to draw from that aids her moderating skills. I was always impressed at how she got her work done and rarely complained or made a fuss.

I think you are a really loyal and trustworthy candidate and your presence on the staff team would be positive for the community. You help others without thinking about the reward and it shows by how much time you give to the players. From what I have witnessed, you are active and participate in the community and you are a well-liked and kind person. I hope to see your helper tag soon, Good luck :)

3. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    I'm going with neutral, I haven't seen you in game much but based on what k.th said and your application, I think you could be decent.

4. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

She plays economy mostly. As you haven't been on there in a while you may not have seen her active. I hope this clears up any confusion. I have been active on economy also and our timezones are the same which is likely why I see her

5. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I literally have not seen you in years
    and the moment I see you back here is on a staff app
    waht

Anyhow, I'm going to go with Neutral mainly for the reason I haven't seen you online - except for maybe yesterday and today. You probably have been on and I haven't taken notice - and I know you're a former Moderator here and everything, I remember you as one.

I know you help out as well, all I think at the moment is that it just needs a bit more time.

I probably will bump this up to a support soon. I don't have doubts that this application probably will be accepted pretty fast by standards :p

6. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    ah ok thanks, I’m staying neutral as I haven’t seen for myself how well she could be but I am trying to play economy more so I expect I will change to support soon. :)

7. Mai

Thank you Krissy. I appreciate all you've said. You were the greatest mentor.

Thanks for your feedback. Like Krissy said, I've been mainly playing on /economy and have been active on it for about a month or over now. I do hop on /economy but I don't see you much so I'm not really sure if we're in the same timezone or not. Thank you :)

I've been back in-game for a bit now and hopped on the forums almost every day. So I'm not sure if you just haven't seen me online. Thank you for replying. :)

8. Mai

Would appreciate if you elaborate on why :)

9. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    My bad clicked post too soon lol. I actually now feel i shouldn’t no support based off of inactivity from what I’ve heard from others

10. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I think I am going to have to start out with a neutral. I don't really play economy much, and I'm sure your a great person, and I believe this will change to support within the very near future.

11. Mai

Thank you, and yes haha I'm not inactive. :)

Thanks DingleBerry. Appreciate it.

12. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Well 100% he ily
    Support to the moon

13. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support omg. I remember u back as a mod and u were great both as a mod and as a person.

Keep the chat MaisaaPG pls

14. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Full Support,

Mai is a previous Moderator so she has the experience. She is very nice and helpful!

Good luck!

15. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Support,

Mai is overall very kind and helpful, this with her added past staff team experience makes her a highly suitable candidate. Having personally known Mai for some time I know that she is more than capable of becoming a future helper and work her way up in the future. Just seeing you around some more would boost you up even further because maybe some people need reminding and to be shown your full potential.

Good luck Mai :')

16. Mai

Thank you guys, it means a lot. :))

17. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    My input doesn't really hold much value as I haven't played on the server for over a year, but if you have Krissy's support, you have my support. :happy:

18. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Full. support. I can’t believe you reapplied!!

I would love to moderate with you, Mai. Apart from being an amazing staff member, you are also a wonderful person.

Best of luck

19. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Hey Mai. Nice to see you are reapplying for staff. I'm going to stick with neutral for now due to inactivity. From my knowledge, you have just come back from a relatively long break. I would like to see you around more in game, on forums, and on discord. This is also your first forums thread in more than a year and the one before the last was a ban appeal after you were banned for obtaining illegally duped items. I will come back to this application when I change my mind. Wish you the best of luck! :')

20. Mai

Thank you guys :))

I can see what you mean when it comes to the forums, however in-game I've been active for about a month now but I've only recently been standing out on economy because I got upgraded and can set my nickname. I don't think creating threads is necessary however I will try to be more engaged on the forums. And yes, one of my last few threads was an appeal for being wrongfully banned for duping, but keeping duped items is still a bad thing. Thank you for taking the time to respond and for reading my application. I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be able to change your mind from a neutral to a support sometime in the future. :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.