Expired mute appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by CraftWithAbbie, May 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Punished account name: craftwithabbie
    Platform or server punished on: Economy
    Ban message if applicable: unsure, though ive a rough idea why.
    Have you read the rules? yes
    Do you think this punishment was incorrect? no? though itll help knowing the actual reason why my mute was issued.
    Why should you be unbanned? because i enjoy talking with my friends on the server, and supporting players when i can.
    Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: a few short mutes and a couple temp bans ( some of which have been appealed )
    If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: frez
    Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? yes

before i make my appeal, i would like to understand the reasons for the mute, and discord mute. thanks, Frez

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  2. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Hello Abbie, the reason for you mute was “Continuing to ignore staff instruction regarding not inciting other members of the community or bringing up past incidents.”
    This one was due to you, as soon as I left economy, making very rude comments in chat to other players whom you have previously highlighted your own personal issues with them.

Your discord mute, which I'd like to highlight wasn't me who issued it, was for "Please drop the topic and do not publicly flame Staff for doing their jobs. Thank you"
    I'm sure I don't have to show you the comments you made for you to understand this one.

Hopefully this can help you understand the reasoning for your mute.

You will have to bare with me currently as its the busiest time at work currently being a bankholiday so my response times aren't great currently.
    Kind regards,
    Frezology

3. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    im going to assume that you mean my private messages to a friend in game. and not the ticket issue i was trying to recieve help with, but was told you wouldnt look at the evidence id provided. my friend was asking me why i was upset, so i was explaining to them the reaons. i submitted a previous ticket, in which yourself was the staff responding. you told me in the ticket, that you couldnt action on it due to there being not enough evidence submitted, as i was very stressed out at the current time, i really didnt want to go through 50+ screenshots, just to confirm logs, which i thought staff had access to already. i provided chat logs directly from the game, which could have been searchable withing the servers cmd logs, so in my eyes, there wasnt any excuse to not accept that as evidence. yourself then blocked me in discord, to stop any further communication. so yes, that really did upset me when ive provided evidence to a ticket where, someone had threatened me. i spoke about this to my friend in /msgs explaining my upset over these issues i was currently having with staff. and you then muted me for it. youve told me that staff dont have access to server logs, only admins do, but thats no excuse to not request the logs, given the evidence id submitted. so yes, ive been stressed and upset, thinking that staff are unwilling (that may not be so, but was how it came across to me at the time) to support me in a ticket, which destressed me even more. i realise i shouldnt have been speaking about this in game, and that discord private messages would have been more appropriate instead. I also shouldnt have "flamed staff" as they put it, by saying to global that you were a coward for blockiing me and refusing to help./ i apologise to you frez because that wasnt nice of me to do so. although being unable to communicate with the punishing staff, doesnt help at all. in my mind, blocking me, wasnt the right thing to do, when i see you as staff being someone whos supposed to be inpartial to either party, and accept evidences no matter who theyre from. that still doesnt give me a right to insult you in general chat in game or on discord.

i later opened a new tickt, to submit 50 screenshots of evidence, as to what i thought my punishment was about, and then got repeatedly told again, that it wont be looked at. i ask bree what my mute is even for, because at this point of my appeal, i was under the assumption it was still do do with my original support ticket, that got shut down almost instantly. so i ask bree what my mute was for, to then be refused to be told the reasons, so ive been unable to properly appeal until now due to not even knowing the reasons for it. Now im understanding its to do with my comments to friends and in discord about you.

some things i would like to point out, whilst im appealing this mute, for future staff reference.
    • as stressful as it may be for staff, dont block the person whos trying to recieve help from staff regarding an ongoing ticket. force closing tickets down, is not supportive, and often leads to even more stress, because that person then thinks staff dont want to help or support them, which can also lead to further tickets not being reported on.
    • if evidence is submitted, it should be fairly looked at. i understand if staff dont want to download a rar or zip folder containing in game f2 screenshots, however i also uploaded them as a view online google drive link, to also be told they woulodnt be looked at. in my eyes this is not profesional, and is whats lead to more stress.
    • if a staff member feels as if they are unable to continue in conversation, as frez clearely thought so by blocking me, then they should find a suitable staff to continue the ticket. as i say, force closing tickets, is NOT a way to resolve them. this often lets the offending party think theyve won, and the victimd party thinking staff dont want to support them for wanting a fast resolution. acting first and asking questions later, often isnt the way forwards.
    those are some of my own opinions on how i beleive staffing regarding mod help tickets and reports, could be made fairer and easier for both staff, and the reporter.

i stay out of most arguements in game. i ignore a lot of people who cause them, and carry on talking with my friends. though sometimes, when harrased enough, yes ill speak out about it. if i thought that staff would be more supportive, that would be more encouraging to take these issues off the server and simply wait for staff to deal with them better. however the other day i was being harrased by players who then reported me for messaging them like, can you not. amd beacuse staff couldnt look at my evidence provided, thats what stressed me out. in future ill do my best to not retaliate in game to any of these issues and bring them to staffs attention instead.

over the last couple of weeks, ive had players steal from me an extrememly rare/expensive item, to which a lot of other players sided with the theif and really distressed me be cuase it took ages for staff to get involved. ive had one player in particular whom ive reported, but was told theres no logs/evidence(there was) who went off the rails to the entire global chat spreading rumours and lies about me harrasing me publicly for over 2-3 hours one night. this really broke me, as a few friends had to also open reports to support me. theyd only just come back from a months ban,. to instantly go insult and offend me. when i reported this, that report was shut down with no actions taken,. so a lot of these issues lately really hasnt put staff in a good light to me, yet despite this i still come to staff for their support. id hope staff would be more open in their tickets, and willing to accept evidences, no matter how theyre provided. proof is proof afterall.

those are some issues i wanted to bring up, and i hope with staff support some may actually be resolved fairly. this isnt to say that me kicking off in general chats or mesaging my friend in game was the right thing to do, nor appropriate behaviour and ill do my best to ignore other issues thrown my way.

4. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    "im going to assume that you mean my private messages to a friend in game"
    No, I'm referring to what you said in public chat.

"youve told me that staff dont have access to server logs, only admins do, but thats no excuse to not request the logs"
    I did request logs, as I told you in your previous tickets, but they are not currently available

"yourself then blocked me in discord, to stop any further communication"
    You are not blocked, my dms are purely closed to people not on my friends list. Yes, this does prevent communication directly with me but frankly, after your attitude towards me when I was trying to help you, I had every right to limit communication with you. Also, they are closed as I am extremely busy currently.

We have to uphold what we accept as evidence to a high standard to protect all parties. You have failed to, time and time again to provide proof despite being told exactly what we need.
    We cannot accept personal chat logs as they can be easily tampered with. We will not click on links we do not recognise or trust for our own safety.

Until you can accept responsibility for your actions and attitude towards other players, I don't think this appeal should be successful.

5. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    sorry, please excuse me, beacuse when i was unable to message back, that comes across as being blocked. i clearly understood wrong.

i dont know how else to say sorry and that ill try do do better?

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  6. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    This is what we need to see. Frankly, despite the numerous punishments we have issued, we have not seen improvement from you.

This mute will be upheld for its full duration. Please take this time to take into account what we have said time and time again. Not to be cliché but "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it". If someone says something nasty, please report it, don't fight back because when you fight back, you break the rules which means we have to take action on that too.

It is really important that you remember that we staff are volunteers. We do the best with the resources we have. We are not here to be punching bags because things inside the game (or outside) aren't going amazingly.

Thankyou for taking the time to appeal.

7. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    i am trying more to ignroe players in game, and to report issues that arise. however many times ive tried to report issues they havent been dealt with at all, despite me trying to provide the proof i have at the time. you say to me that i fail to provide evidence to back up my claims, but when i do staff then refuse to look at it. this doesnt encourage me to report issues to staff, but despite that, i still do come to staff for their support.

staff only see the reports i make when ive been made the target of offensce in game. The amount of times in game that people are rude to me, or offensive and i dont respond to them and i ignore it far outwieghs the times ive become so stressed ive felt the need to stand up for myself becuase noone else does.

obviosuly i realise this, and i do try my best to provide evidence in a format staff will look at. but for example the other day when i tried to provide proof of evidnce to reports ive made i was consistantly told it wouldnt be looked at unless i uploaded them online to view, which i did via google drive, and even then my evidence wouldnt be looked at.
    You say youre volunteers and that you do the best with resources you havem yet you dont accept the resources that I have provided to help. i apologise if at the time of my report ive found it mentally difficult to search through hundreds of screenshots to find indivudual onse, but then when i am able to id like it if that would be supportive, rather than ignored beause i was one day too late for the staff ticket.

i have NEVER claimed staff are punching bags, nor have i treated staff like so. yes i got stressed at you in dms the other day, but thats because to me you werent being supportive instead you turned my report against me and then wouldnt accept any other input, so that occasion did stress me alot. id hope that for future reports i make, my evidence Will be looked at properly and that staff dont jump to conclusions before evidence is provided.

i dont know what comment youre refering to that got me this 7 day mute. i have asked you repeatedly to get a better understanding and your responses have been extremely vague about it all. so ive tried to appeal with the understanding i have, only to be told that most of it isnt what im meant ot be appealing.

i have apologised to you, ive acknowlaged that what ive said in gameand discord may not have been nice, or appropriate. and ive appologised for that too. ive told you that ill try to do better at ignoreing players in game that offend me, and i have been doing far better the last few months, however many reports ive madxe have been closed without resolution and thats put staff reports in a bad light to me.

this makes me feel like how can i feel confident in talking to staff about issues in game, when none of them are being resolved, and the offending parties can keep on offending, but if i dare to say anything back, like leave me alone, or whatever, that then gets used against me for retaliating, whats happening about the offenders in the first place to stop this form continueing? ive recently posted player reports to the forums with evidence. instead of getting involved in game more. which is what youre asking me to do no ?

noone is perfect i can admit that im not., and people are good at pushing you to breaking point just to report the way you react about it. and i have been doing better at providing the evidences for my reports too.
    ive given some suggestions about how i personally feel staff reports could be managed better, as this would also help me regain trust in coming to staff before anything else. i have good friends on the server and i elp far more people, than i react negatively,. im sure half the server could vouch for me there. and the amount of BS thrown my way everyday that i deflect or ignore, and dont report about far outwieghs the reports i have had to make. id hope that staff can see that ive been trying better to not react to anything like that.

as you say, id hope that staff can see that ive been trying better to not react to anything like that.

8. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    "i tried to provide proof of evidnce to reports ive made i was consistantly told it wouldnt be looked at unless i uploaded them online to view, which i did via google drive, and even then my evidence wouldnt be looked at."
    We won't open links like that for our own safety which was explained to you.

"i dont know what comment youre refering to that got me this 7 day mute" your public jabs at other players. If you cannot recall this, that is more worrying.

I'm pretty sure your mute is over by now however, if we continue to see the same behaviours from you, punishments will continue to increase. I emphasise the "you" as this appeal isn't about what people have done to you (which is handled to the best of our ability with the resources available at the time), its about how you respond not only to them but the staff trying to help you.

9. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    Thank you for creating an appeal. Your ban has now expired.
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.