Denied [Monster_Sparklez] Disrespect [cyk753] [Denied]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Monster_Sparklez, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

2. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Monster_Sparkles, the forums ban is tied in with your in game ban from all skyblock servers. I have also banned all of your alt accounts. The ban is for one week. Our staff team has received multiple complaints of your behavior in game and on forums. I have instituted the ban with approval from the rest of staff team. We believe the ban is appropriate because you have shown that you willingly bypass in game mutes and because you have a long history of breaking chat rules.

We are all very well aware that you do not understand boundaries. Everyone has a right to be left alone. Simply, no means no and stop means stop. You have bypassed people's attempts to ignore you, you have left off handed comments on forums, and you taunted/threatened players that they cannot block you. This behavior is totally unacceptable because all of these unwanted comments/actions fall under harassment.

I have had 4 seperate conversations with you in the past 2 weeks to mediate a sensitive situation. You have not heeded my words and you have bothered more people even after I muted you for a day. That is why we had to escalate things to a ban. This is definitely to demonstrate how seriously we believe in respecting all people in our community. My advice to you now is to be completely honest with yourself. My wish is that you take this time to reflect on your actions and behavior. My hope is that you finally learn to not retaliate when people do not want to play with you.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  3. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I try my best not to break rules on forums I felt that a restriction was unnecessary I felt like I should of at most received a warning for the 1 comment I had left on the profile.
    I feel like the reason I don't know what is allowed or what isn't is because its always been a confusion I reported someone for bypass ignore and it was invalid then when I get reported for it I get punished for it, I will explain what I mean when I respond with a whole other appeal as in the whole situation.
    I totally agree with you on this as I had a full day to think about my actions and what I did with what I said with haberson, although with Pepsi I feel he manipulated the report of me spamming the command which I will explain in my full appeal I will post down here
    I feel like I did take in your advice and what you asked me to do now I get I was totally in the wrong with the haberson thing again ill explain here later in the appeal. after you told me if I left one more message on his profile I would be muted, I understood what you said by that and I did not leave another message on his profile.
    1. Your banned account name: Monster_Sparklez
    2. Platform you were banned on: All Servers
    3. Ban message/reason:disrespecting people's personal space, not leaving people alone
    4. Have you read the rules? Yes
    5. Do you think this ban was incorrect? I feel like this ban was incorrect to my knowledge. but also yes I can see how this was a correct ban.
    6. Please list any other times you have been banned on any of our platforms: Many things in the past.
    7. Why would you like to be unbanned? I was banned for 3 reasons. Spamming dietpepsi22 with /kiss, bypassing the /guest ban feature and bypassing the /ignore feature. The first reason, I have gone back and have checked my chat logs from when I was first muted to today, I did not /kiss dietpepsi any times after he had /ignored me and after my mute ended. I had only done it before he hadn't ignored me and before my mute. I understand how this is wrong and could be quiet obnoxious, after my mute ended I did not contact dietpepsi22 in anyway on the forums, in game, or the discord. I had thought my mute was also for /kissing him which is why I stopped as soon as my mute was over. This makes me think that he had saved the screenshots of me /kissing him before the mute ended and used it today to get me into more trouble when I had already though the mute was for the /kissing spam. This part of the ban I feel was incorrect. I understand that what I did by /kiss spamming him was breaking the rules which is why when I got muted I had stopped because I though my mute was for that and other interactions with him. If he reported me after the mute ended it proves that the screenshots are 1 if not 2 or more days old and he was saving them to get me into more trouble as chat logs showed that I did not /kiss him after the mute ended.(You guys may confirm this yourself)(this also breaks this rule of the server "False Reports & Forging/Manipulating Evidence. Players are welcome to file a report if they witness or suspect a player breaking the rules. Each case will be investigated by a moderator and the results communicated to the reporting player. Falsifying evidence in order to get staff to punish another player will result in punishment for the user filing the report"). The Second Reason why I was banned was because I had bypassed the /guest ban feature by using an alt to /visit haberson after he had guess banned me. This was wrong as the guest ban command is in place to prevent someone from visiting your island when they don't want you to. this is where I feel the punishment was correct I shouldn't have bypassed the guest ban feature and I will not do it again. The third reason why I was banned was because I had bypassed the /ignore feature by using /gmessage. This is where I had felt it is ok to do this because almost a month ago I had reported a player for bypassing the ignore feature [AncientOak] Bypassing /Ignore Feature[Invalid] | Skyblock Forums the player faced no consequences, later that day I asked a mod if bypassing the ignore feature was allowed or not he had said yes after I specifically asked if I could bypass the ignore feature by /gmsg I don't remember much about this situation as its been almost a month since this has happened. due to this I had thought it was ok to bypass the ignore feature as I reported someone for it and they weren't punished for it.(this was my first offense for bypassing the /ignore command) I also haven't heard from any staff member that bypassing the ignore feature was allowed or not it wasn't stated in the rules at the time nor the new rules.
    8. How will you prevent yourself from being banned again? I Will not /spam someone with /kiss every 2 minutes (since it has a cool down timer) and I stopped doing this as soon as I was muted as I thought the mute was for the spamming, I will not use any of my accounts to bypass the guest ban feature as that is not allowed since the whole purpose of the feature is to prevent someone from visiting your island when they do not want you to. I finally will not use /gmsg to bypass the ignore feature as I know it is a punishable offense and is not allowed.
    9. If you know, tag the member of staff that banned you: Cyk753
    10. Do you understand and accept our rules? Yes
    Just wanting to add on a bit more as I feel like I didn't really explain it well in the appeal. I have not interacted, contacted, messaged, or mentioned dietpepsi22 after my mute ended
    I now understand that bypassing the ignore feature is Not Allowed and will result in punishment as it was never clear to me

I agree what I said to haberson of how I taunted him and threatened him was not ok in the slightest and should result in a punishment.
    I am appealing as I think a reduced ban would seem more fair as the only thing I felt I did wrong was taunt/ threaten haberson with the messages I send.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. Cyk753

Since you want to discuss the time line of your actions, lets lay it out.

You spammed Dietpepsi with the /kiss command sometime between my 3rd conversation with you and then 1 day mute. I did not actually find out about the /kiss spam until after I gave you my ultimatum in my 4th conversation with you. I muted you for 1 day just simply because you complained to me about Dietpepsi. I had thought that speaking with you 3 times to leave Dietpepsi alone was more than enough warning to you about your behavior and I had told you and Dietpepsi that I would mute if there were any more signs of trouble. I gave that mute equally to you and Dietpepsi. After the mute we had our 4th conversation.

Now Dietpepsi did not say anything about the /kiss command until after I also presented him an ultimatum in private conversation. This was after you and I had our 4th conversation. Kerahna helped me confirm the pages of the /kiss command you had sent dietpepsi. Now, if I had known about that /kiss spam sooner, I would have taken strict action on you sooner. That was utterly ridiculous and completely out of line since we already talked 3 times about leaving Dietpepsi alone. I am highly disappointed you tried to sneak ways to disturb his peace of mind even if you didn't directly message him.

Since I did mute you for a day on /skyblock, I found out that you bypassed it through /gmsg to people currently on /skyblock. Dietpepsi did not break the /mute I had placed by going to /classic. That is allowed. Now, since there has been misunderstandings about what mute evading is, let me try to describe it in full. I hope that Kerahna can correct me if I misrepresent anything.

Being Muted means staff decided someone broke our server's rule on chat. The duration of the mute depends on the content of the message and the history of the player. If you are muted on one server, you are allowed to switch servers. We give players a chance to do better without completely removing them from the entire game.

We do have the in game commands for /mail and /gmsg. Mute does not stop players from sending /mail so they have a line of communication to staff members for when they have a sort of emergency. Same thing goes for /gmsg. What you are NOT allowed to do is use /mail or /gmsg to hold casual conversation with people on the server that you are muted from.

A player reported to me you doing exactly that, bypassing your mute on /skyblock with /gmsg. Since that mute, our staff team has received mulitple complaints about your conduct so this is not just your harassment of Haberson. It was clear to us that you just did not/could not/ would not understand what it means to leave people alone.

You only just stopped bothering Dietpepsi since our 4th conversation. I expected you to stop immediately after our first talk. I was more than generous for 2 weeks, but since it was an on going problem, I had to put a stop to it, to you. This ban is a time out so that you can cool off. I will not be adjusting the length of the ban. Feel free to ask further questions if anything is not clear.

5. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Thank you, you may close this now.

6. Cyk753

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.