EUR Megan's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Megan, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom

Tom Member

IGN:
    ecuddles
    Support! You are extremely friendly and helpful. Goodluck!

2. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you both for your support :)

3. RaimonBerry

RaimonBerry Active Member

IGN:
    RaimonBerry
    LOL support 1000%

4. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    support, you're a very nice person and also chill when I see you, I see you helping out a lot too! :D

5. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    thank you!:)

Thank you Doc! It was lovely to meet you and I am happy you noticed:)

6. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Bump and Re-Supporting!
    You went out of your way to help me sort out the mod pack thingy (which took a considerable amount of time due to user errors on my end xD ) and you didn't give up until I had it sorted, much appreciated!
    Furthermore you have increased your playtime on /skyblock and have acquainted yourself with the different commands over there.
    Additionally, you are extremely active in the help channels on discord, and helpful in them!
    best of luck Megan x
    - Frez

7. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    A 2 day bump for Megan! Resupport because all of the reasons are stated above. By the way, thank you for upgrading my wifey. I’m not solely supporting you because of the upgrades but because of your personality and traits of helping and being kind. You’ve always been helping since the day we met and it’s amazing how you’ve grown to be such an awesome player. Good luck Megananan!

8. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Hey all! Thought i'd let you all know I am holiday the next few days and will be inactive in game. I want to thank you all for your support so far it has been amazing. If you are watching this thread please take into consideration I am holiday. I will be active on discord and forums so if there is anything you need you can contact me on there :)

Thank you all once again, It means so much to have such amazing feedback.

9. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Time for me to judge, everyone stay silent

When i hop on economy you are active on the chat and you seem to have good friendship with everyone, i know lots of people help others through pm, i dont don on economy server for more than 10 minutes, but from what i hear you will fit for the position

Support ✝️

10. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you Frez, your support is unreal❤️

You’re amazing! Thank you!! :)

Thank you, it is nice to know you feel this way and notice what I do within the game. I am also glad you changed from neutral to positive. Your feedback means a lot so thank you very much :)

11. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
  12. Taki

Taki Active Member

no support.

13. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Its always nice if you explain this reason and give feedback so the applicant can better themselves.

Anyway, lovely to see your activity on survival majorly improve, you handle your time between Eco, Survival, Classic, Forums and Discord amazingly well and u are familiar with all the differences and help people on all. This is also further backed by the help thread u created!
    Massive Re-Support from me hun!

14. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Could I please have a reason?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  15. Taki

Taki Active Member

You keep doing things just to please staff, and it even comes off as rude sometimes.
    For example in a situation earlier:
    I was expressing an opinion I had about the staff team's previous comments about the images posted on general, and we were having a conversation, not an argument, about the rules behind it. The comments you made to involve yourself in the conversation were, in my opinion, completely useless and unnecessary.

First comment I'm going to explain to you:
    [​IMG]
    "Make a suggestion for it" - you can't make a suggest for a meme/media channel because Agent said this:
    [​IMG]
    "We respect your decision" - who is we? I am curious since you are not staff and cannot speak for the staff team.

Second comment:
    [​IMG]
    It's not just down to staff, yet then you say,
    [​IMG]
    also with this comment, Agent never said they'd just remove the permission entirely, in fact the exact opposite:
    [​IMG]
    and again, there was no argument going on - it was a discussion about it.

Third comment:
    [​IMG]
    a completely unnecessary and frankly rude reply. The question was what the definition of excessive was in terms of the discord images. You're not a staff member you don't decide it.

This was just one conversation. I'm sure I could find plenty more where you are being rude and ignorant for no reason other than to please the staff members, hence the no support.

16. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Taki
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    However, I feel like this is an unfair judgement. This was one situation where many people were involved and I was primarily there to keep chat calm and re-iterate what had been said. Arguably this may not have been needed.

I used "we" as a server. Many people have the same opinion but my mistake for making it sound they way you interpreted it. I can reassure you here that I have never been rude or ignorant to any one on the server and am not doing things just to please the staff team solely just to keep peace. I think you have read my messages incorrectly and took wrong connotations from what I was saying.

I don't believe I have ever spoken to you on discord before this incident so feel this is not a fair thing to use on my staff application. I feel that this is an unfair reflection of me as a player. But, I thank you for your feedback.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  17. Taki

Taki Active Member

If Craney can get demoted for testing permissions on a friend, your last comment of clear sarcasm in a help channel would undoubtedly have not gone unnoticed.

This again is false, the reason why there was so many people discussing it was because most people disagree with it. [​IMG]
    can be seen here with 10 agrees on both me and trins post and 1 disagree.

Every decision you make whilst applying for staff reflects greatly onto you, this circumstance has made me feel that you are not ready or fit for the position of helper, this opinion may change later on however currently I don't feel like you are fit for helper.

18. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

As much as I don’t want to agree with Taki I think some of his points are valid. As much as you are a kind person and are friendly there are instances that I find you more blunt and almost rude. Applicants should just be helping in a way that doesn’t involve lecturing others or trying to exercise power over peers. It’s okay to have your opinion but use it as a way to express you such as saying “I feel like it’s the right choice to remove these perms” “I think we should just let it go”. I think that will help out with what Taki is try to say
    Good luck ~

19. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

As a staff member, I have been watching over Megan (and other applicants) closely over all of the platforms.
    At no point have I found her to be rude or 'blunt' to any other players. Megan can clearly be seen trying to help out on the server and she's being criticised quite heavily for it when I still don't see anything rude - however there was a point in the screenshot where the pronoun we maybe shouldn't have been there but I'm sure she's now aware that. It's also necessary to note that there are no robots on the team and we're all human. She's bound to make mistakes, she's bound to learn from them and she's bound to not do them again if she's learnt from it. I personally don't think that Megan's attitude is rude but that's just my personal opinion of what I have witnessed since (and before) this application has gone up.

20. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you for your feedback. I will make sure to take this on board when helping in future situations :)

Thank you for such kind words, it means a lot to me that this has been noticed.

That's awesome! Thank you Liam :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.