MCSGFilms' Trial Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by MCSGfilms, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Introduction:
    Hello friends, welcome to my mod app. So I have given this a go a few times before, and this will be my final attempt. I have become a much more active on the forums since then, I am always on and supporting or trying to improve people’s moderator applications and watching threads. Being a moderator takes hard work and dedication, that of which I am not afraid to stare in the face of. So sit back, buy yourself some popcorn and coke, relax, and enjoy GET READY for a story full of dragons and princess’. Just kidding, its just my moderator app :p.

Your Ingame Name:
    MCSGFilms

What timezone are you in/What country do you live in?
    I live by the Australian Eastern Time Zone. I believe we are lacking in moderators in this time zone which is why I am applying.

What languages do you speak?
    I speak fluent English, Farsi(Persia), some Japanese from school and minimal French.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    These are just guidelines
    Sunday: 6-7 hours
    Monday: 3-4 hours
    Tuesday: 3-4 hours
    Wednesday: 5-6 hours
    Thursday: 3-4 hours
    Friday: 7-9 hours
    Saturday: 6-7 hours

Have you ever been banned in the past?
    Yes, I have. Back when I was banned I was immature, I would bridge and take valuable items. I have since changed, and should not be banned in future. Besides, the server has changed since 2014, so bridging isn't possible.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator:
    I have modded for a beta server before called minevine, which has recently closed down due to the stress the admins felt. I have also been admin on one of my friends servers that had 100 players maximum called MineSauce. I believe I hold great experience with the commands as I know quite a few from my previous moderating situations.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
    I want to help moderate Skyblock because I have noticed that we might need a couple more mods in my timezone. Between the hours of 2-4pm and 8-10pm AEST time, I see that the moderators are either AFK or non-existent. Through these hours I have encountered swearing, disrespect toward the blacks and advertising and that's just in chat! Not to mention the spamming, fake messaging and CAPS. I have encountered several griefers around these hours and I have had to contact moderators on the forums. If I was given this opportunity, I would not take it lightly, and would do my job to the best of my ability. I would be available around these hours. I know what hard work is, and I know how to handle a tough situation. This possible opportunity will be my chance to give back to these wonderful servers run by just as amazing people.

Some traits I believe I have that would contribute in a moderating situation are:

Maturity:

I would call myself probably one of the oldest people on this server, and obviously with age comes great responsibility. Of course I allow people to have their own opinions of me. On a personal note, I believe that I am pretty mature, as this comes with my age and experiences in life. I have learn throughout my years to keep calm in tough situations, which is exactly what is required as a moderator.

Friendliness:

I am a very friendly person when it comes to most things. When things get out of hand and someone is disrespectful, I try to tamper down the situation. If the chat is getting out of hand and not 'G' rated, I try to stop it.The reason I love Skyblock is because of the community; people are very kind here. If I was a mod, I would keep it this way.

Honesty:

I am the type of person who isn't afraid to be the bigger person and to speak the truth. This ties in extremely well to being unbiased, because even if one of my great friends has done something wrong, they deserve the same punishment as someone who I don’t know.

Helpful:
    I am a big person about helping. Being a mod will give me a lot of opportunities to help people and just overall be a friend to all. If i get mod I can guarantee you will not be disappointed in the amount of advice, answers and tips given. I treat everyone equally. This ties into caring, as I assist those who have been griefed and help others who are new to skyblock with their island. On many occasions, I have assisted the NEWBIES in making a cobblestone generator – and gave them a kickstart to their island ahead.

Active:
    To be honest Skyblock is one of the only servers I spend 5 hours each day of my life on. It is one of my favourite servers and I am always trying to find ways to improve my island, or I am trading or other types of things. I try as hard as I can to juggle forum and in game life, and I always try to connect to skyblocks app and talk with others. One ESSENTIAL part of being a moderator is being active, which I believe I am.

Work Ethic:
    When it comes to a duty/ job I do nothing but put my best effort and have a set mind on getting it done. Being a mod is not only a fun job to have while you are young, but it will get you ready for the real world when you grow up, and make you realise that the world isn't kind. If given the opportunity, I would monitor chat, assist the griefed and deal with the griefers and scammers. I believe that my work ethic will assist me as I do believe I am a very hard worker.

Caring:
    I like to think I am a very friendly and caring person. I always find those few minutes of my day to help others. I like the feeling you receive when you assist another who has just been griefed or scammed. On many occasions I have helped others by rebuilding and supplying them with materials. As a moderator, I would like to apply these skills and make them a little bit easier with the help of rollback and other commands.

Unbiased:

No matter if friend or foe, I will always treat people equally in terms of consequences. I will also treat people equally as a person. If the same crime has been done by one of my closest friends compared to an unknown stranger, I would give them both the same penalty. I understand that it is a big problem in the US for black people arrests, which I find quite disgusting. So no matter if someone is a good friend or not, If they’ve done the crime they’re doing the time.

Thanks for Reading :heart:

Supports: 15
    Neutral: 1
    No Supports:

• Support Support x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Melonlyman

Melonlyman New Member

Support - Thank you so much for joining my Island and helping me make it. :)

3. yehs

yehs Active Member

Support!
    You're active and kind, I think you'll make an amazing moderator!

4. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Thank you very much, is there anything I can improve on :)

5. yehs

yehs Active Member

You have all the boxes ticked, I can't see nothing to work on it's all already perfect!

6. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support

7. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Full Support
    Active
    Nice
    Helpful
    And More :)

8. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Really appreciated :heart:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  9. Fell_In_Lava

Fell_In_Lava Member

Personal Note: Taking your age into account, I would have expected a more 'Experienced' application. I was half expecting to enjoy the read; sadly I was disappointed. I'm also going to be more harsh on, what should be your capability to write an application such as this.

Advantages -

- Welcoming paragraph, not singling out individuals that may, or may not read your thread.
    - A lot of time has been spent on trying to elaborate on points that you've made in order to attract attention and support. This of which I can respect.
    - The layout out of the post was pretty decent, however under the 'why do you think you should be a mod?' section, its just one big block of information. (Might want to separate this up to make it easier to read).
    - I like the fact you tried to add in humour to you application to try and lighten the mood before actually starting the reading process of the main body.

Disadvantages -

You're missing the section 'In game name:' Completely. Use the template to your advantage.
    Important! - Mod Application template - Read before posting | Skyblock Forums

- I'm not sure welcoming strangers to come and find you in Brisbane is the best idea. Your age is an unnecessary add to the application, as it is not in the template. It will also give you some leeway when creating the post as if you do make mistakes, people won't judge considering you age. However, now you have added it, you've got that one extra added negative attribute.

- Stating that you think you're mature and sophisticated makes me less want to believe you. Let people decide those characteristics for you.

- 'The staff were disrespectful to the rest of us' The sentence prior to this, you stated you were staff?- Stating commands that you might know is completely irrelevant to the moderator application.

-I've read the same lists of attributes on about 20 moderator applications. There needs to be something more unique about you and your actions if you were to ever become a mod. - Talking about the 'Grammar' section, After the emote, 'xD' the rest of the information is redundant. As we already know your first language is English and you've stated you think you're good with grammar.

- I think the quote you're looking for is, "With great power, come great responsibility". You won't be facing just one tough situation if you get promoted. They're will be much harder circumstances of which you have not realised yet.

- With you being the same age as I; I would have expected a much more detailed and written application. As with age DOES come the ability to write in a much more professional manor.

- Becoming moderator to make more friends? This is completely invalid to the point of the application. When you're talking about wanting more moderators that know the commands. Are there moderators that you think don't know some commands? Are they not meeting your 'standards?'

- Having colour on your application is also unnecessary, as it makes the post seem completely immature but at the same time, less professional. These negative additives are not what you want when creating an application.

Suggestions:
    - Completely remove the colour from your application to achieve a more respected 'support' basis from people.
    - Proof read the application again as there were several words missing and grammatical errors. However, as you said you're pretty decent with that subject; I'm sure it won't take you long to find them.
    - I would remove the 'Thank you mum' speech at the end as its unnecessary for this application, If you're serious about thanking them, tell them personally.
    - Paragraphs need to be separated in some areas as it just makes the reading process easier.
    - You need to seriously consider the roll of moderator as a lot of the information of which you added was not relevant to the job at all.

Judgment: Neutral

10. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Thank you soooo much :heart:
    Very much appreciate the effort you put into the constructive critisism. I will definitely take it all into account.

11. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Support.

12. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Appreciated!

13. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No need to quote me twice.

14. Fell_In_Lava

Fell_In_Lava Member

Suggestion -

- Increase the font size as I feel myself nearly head-butting the monitor.

Judgment - Neutral

15. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Haha Better?

16. Fell_In_Lava

Fell_In_Lava Member

Considerably.

Personal Note: Well done for taking some of the suggestions provided into account and editing your application accordingly. I'm sure you can see how much better it looks?

17. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Have you picked up on anything else?

18. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

Support~

19. MCSGfilms

MCSGfilms Active Member

Greatly appreciated Nenaa :heart:, However, do you have any constructive critisism you could give me so the app could be perfect?

20. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

It looks great. I believe there's perfect grammar and spelling in there and nice wording. What I would like to see is be more active ^-^.