Implemented Maximum cap on alternate accounts

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by gummibear560, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gummibear560

gummibear560 Active Member

Just because I simply adore ruining people's fun, I think there should be a limit on how many alternate accounts a player can have on at a time. I have about zero clue if this has already been suggested, if it has, then why hasn't it been accepted? And if there isn't, I hope it's at least considered.

I'm not proposing no alternate's at all, that would be too boring, but a player has ten accounts and I think that's a bit cheaty. Sure, you could do what these players do yourself, but some people can't, and I say it's an unfair advantage, especially because all of these accounts are cheat clients and are normally basically passive income for the owner of the accounts. I'm not singling out this player, I merely used this player as an example. Multiple people do this.

My proposition is that an account limit of 2 is given.

That's it really.

People with 40 million alts, let me hear your feedbacks vvv

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't quite clear, a main account and an alternate account count as 2.

• Support Support x 3
    • No Support No Support x 3
  2. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Would the same logic not also apply to someone paying for donator? They get a daily kit, which is passive income, which is also an unfair advantage against players who have not bought a donator rank.
    A player both pays for alternate accounts and for a donator rank.

You could now argue its unfair for the server, since the money goes to minecraft directly, but is the effect on players who have not spent money any different?
    If this server would not give in-game beneficial items in the exchange for currency
    EULA cough I'd support this.

3. gummibear560

Very fair and thought out reply.

It could be taken two ways, although sure, a kit, all that good (unfair) flymode, etc, is really, what you said: basically the same thing, I think more hands doing something is more effective than a rank, especially because grinding can happen 24/7.

4. gummibear560

f***in bump

5. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    *coughs in armaganndon and myself*

(For those that didn’t know, we both own the most alts on the server. For all I know arma’s playing right now even though he’s permabanned. We both own about 300 alts)

2 seems small. For people that terraform, sometimes a lot of alts are needed. I’d say 5 alts per island, but for alts on seperate islands I can’t say the same.

I currently use a few, OGSpawn for Maparts, 2015Spawn is self-explanatory, OGSkybase for an upcoming project, IamInferior I was planning to use as a PvP arena, and many more. Call me a man of projects.

I’d say an ultimate limit of 15 alts, but 5 alts cooped per island. Maybe even less? 3-5 seems reasonable.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  6. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    And what about family members who all play together?
    There is no way to know if some accounts are alts or housemates/family.

7. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Yes yes unfair man, i use alts to get those extra sweet iron buckets and dirt

No support, it sounds to be stupid sry, unfair or not, the only thing about the alts and devs already took action is when there is a dp and someone has tons of alts, if someone uses vpn then, their problem then

8. gummibear560

This was really a suggestion for Economy, where grinding mobs and having auto sell commands is a thing...

9. gummibear560

Very true, but I would figure that there is a workaround for that, although I am not very sure how. I probably should have worked that out before I made the suggestion.

10. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Alt politics aside, there are currently caps on alt accounts.

They have a soft cap of 5 alts per IP, with a hard cap of 10 accounts per IP (soft cap meaning you may get a warning saying you can only have 5 accounts, but it still lets you join)

Any alt protection they do besides what they're already doing would just hurt normal players. Back when I lived with my mom, I'd have at least me + my two brothers playing on the same server. If the alt cap were lower, we wouldn't all be able to play together.

For those who wanted to get in 10s or hundreds of accounts in, the alt cap wouldn't hurt them because they have a million ways to get around it. It would be very difficult for the staff to enforce this in any meaningful way due to how many options there are for getting accounts in without being detected as alts.

11. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Speak to me with proxy bypasses, I don’t understand.

12. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I'll go spin up my bot farm VM and send you the message 1000 times from an army of NFAs if that helps

13. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    After looking at it we have decided that we will be adding this feature! We felt like this would improve the game-play by adding it, so your suggestion has been accepted!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.