Skyblock Make striders obtainable

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Timmut, May 28, 2023.

1. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    For all of the mobs that came with the 1.19 update, none of them are available in the /spawner command. For a good reason, too, as many of them can be spawned naturally (fish, axolotls, glowsquids, etc). However, striders are unobtainable on islands at the moment. For those who don't know, striders are a passive nether mob that can be used to ride on lava. They are incredibly common, and only drop string.

My island is nether themed, and I would like to have striders wandering around that visitors could ride on my lava lake. Since I can't bring them through the portal from the nether to my island, I am unable to do this. My solution would be to either add strider spawn eggs to /warp grass, or add striders to the /spawner command. Either way, I don't really care which one it is, as long as I can get them on my island. Does anyone have any objections to this? It would only affect the value of string which is not very valuable to begin with.

• Support Support x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    SUPORT (would be sooooo cool)

3. *Slagomizer*

*Slagomizer* Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Slagomizer

Are they leashable?

4. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    Yes they are, and you can also put saddles on them and control them with warped fungus on a stick, similarly to pigs

5. pringlesman35

pringlesman35 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    pringlesman35
    usually u can take em through the nether to ur is, in 1,12 u could do this, however now this is a disabled ft, also makes froglight farms on eco just not really feasible

6. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    Yeah I tried bringing them through my portal and unsurprisingly, it didn't work. Also, is it possible to bring frogs into the nether? a temporary farm could be made on eco

7. athena_x

athena_x Well-Known Member

IGN:
    creationism
    Wouldn't this have to altar vanilla mechanics to make them work in the overworld?

As far as I'm aware, they shiver and turn purple permanently in the overworld and can be easily killed via water or rain. Not very feasible or useful in their current state to be obtainable for anything besides vanity in the overworld IMO.

Going with neutral for now, as long as these wouldn't significantly affect the current mob cap / performance from just existing.

8. pringlesman35

pringlesman35 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    pringlesman35
    if they walk on lava in ow they are fine

9. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    Not altering vanilla mechanics, because you can bring them through portals in normal worlds but the server has that disabled atm.

10. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    They could just add the stick whack implementation to them. So if you breed a strider and whacked the body with a stick similar to warp passive they would teleport to your island. This would allow the portals to remain the same aswell as adding a way for players to obtain striders in the overworled.

11. *Slagomizer*

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    zombie pigmen frequently wiggle backwards through the portals on SB though, could you shove one into your portal while someone is hanging out in the chunk containing your portal on your island? There must be SOME way for it to work at present, given the zombie pigmen that wander through on occasion.

12. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    Zombie Pigmen actually spawn in directly on the obsidian of the portal, rather than go through it, when portal blocks above said obsidian get a block tick. So they aren't actually going through, rather just spawning in directly. I believe only pigmen can spawn from portals, although it may be different in bedrock edition.

13. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    Yeah this works for me, I am only gonna have like 8-16 striders for racing so if I can get at least 2 that's fine.

14. *Slagomizer*

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    Good to know that's why they "wander through"... one ended up goofing around in my enclosed chicken farm on eco somehow lmfao...

also are u going to do like... strider racing betting Tim? madlad.

EDIT:

I support keeping SkyBlock as vanilla as possible, until, something is wholly unobtainable that is usually fine in a normal Minecraft world. Could we... make striders lava-bucketable? Might take more coding than a simple spawn egg, but it would be fun and add an extra element of player input to the process. Just throwing it out there!

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  15. Timmut

Timmut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BigChiefTim
    bumping

• Agree Agree x 1