Lag

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Ravox_J, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravox_J

Ravox_J Active Member

IGN:
    Ravox_J
    I have been playing .Org after having a couple year break and I am really pleased to see that it is up and running. Not only that, it has a very active community, so first i would like to say congratulations on reviving the server. Good job :)

The problem I and many other people have on the server which probably has its own post ( I can't find one) is about the lag. Sometimes the lag is quite tolerable, a few blocks I have to mine twice and the occasional pinging back to one location but I have been experiencing quite extreme lag where I struggle to mine blocks entirely and moving my character becomes a difficult task. My PC isn't the most powerful piece of kit out there, I'll admit, but I am running the game at 720P with minimal settings and a render distance of 2, still to suffer from the lag with no avail. I do believe some amount of the lag may be contributed to my own PC but other users connected to the server have also mentioned lagging quite a lot. I was wondering if there was something we could all try to do to minimise the stress on the server, for example, my island ( not the prettiest ) is designed in a way to keep lag to a minimum. I have minimum pistons (8 in total I think) and my stone generator is a design I came up with just to minimise the lag on my island. I was wondering if it would be possible to try to promote these such 'Reduced-Lag' contraptions. I could possibly come up with more ways to reduce the total amount of hoppers and pistons on islands in another post if people are interested but I only think that would work if people got the message that we, the community of .Org, need to pool knowledge to help the total amount of lag on the server.

If people would like to see a Reduced-Lag contraptions post in the How To bit, I will happily lob some ideas together that I think would be beneficial.

Thank you for reading,
    - J3Rr

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.