Inactive LadyAnkie's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by LadyAnkie, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Would you disclose the reason why you do not say it in the application comments? May give insight to further players

2. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I don’t have any specific reason but I’d prefer discussion it somewhere else, as I feel we will have a discussion and then we won’t flood the whole application for one discussion.

Hey again...

After discussing this with you, I feel like my first raiting was very strict, I think we need active staff members who are dedicated with the server and know what they are doing. I feel like you would fit perfect in the current team, we definitely need active staff members. The activity is poor at the moment and I feel like you would change that. However, keep up the forums activity that’s very important, almost as important as in game activity. For discord I feel like you’re in the voice calls very much so your activity there is good, maybe just checking the help channels more frequently. But in general you would be good, with some training and right instructions, you would be good. Just a personal opinion, sometimes I feel like you can ignore people and just run your shop etc instead. I think you could improve the chat activity a little but that’s just personal, nothing that is very important as a staff member.

Best of luck, löööve you,
    Oak :heart:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
  3. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Neutral. I see you sometimes actually on. Most of the time its just you advertising your shop. I think this will confuse some players, particularly the newer ones, who may not understand that you are afk. I do understand you want to advertise your shop, however I believe you should chat more in-game, especially if you are near your computer or any computer that can run minecraft :)

I dont see you helping as much though it could be timezones and/or my inactivity (I was mostly inactive during the middle of December due to final exams) so I have yet to see you. As couple others have said, you should work on being more active on forums more rather as well as discord.

I believe you should add more to Why you should be a moderator section. I feel like one big paragraph isn't enough and also hard to find information on your qualities. I suggest you divide it into different points and maybe giving a breif or a paragraph (whichever you prefer :p) on your qualities.

That's all I have to say :D

Cheers

also msg me more on discord omg ;-;

4. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    Neutral/leaning to support. I know you just submitted an application, but I'd like to see you help on Discord. Prior to applying, you've only asked questions and whatnot on there, so hopefully, you'll start helping instead. Also, I want to see that you can continue using forums despite reaching the minimum of 50 posts. Discord and forums are just as important as in game, but many people tend to forget about them. From my experiences with you, you are a friendly and kind person. I haven't had much experiences with you, but I have not actively tried to pay attention to you (plus timezone issues) so I can't say anything at the moment. Good luck.

5. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Everyone's still learning and you'll be doing a lot of learning if you get a promotion, so I think it's actually cool that you're not perfect and still growing, because everyone is. You really seem nice, and genuine. You're doing a great job at listening to everyone's feedback which is actually making an impact on whether people choose to support you or not, based on the conversations I saw on this thread. I'm not going to say "I don't see you online blah blah" because I literally never log in LMAO but I just know you'd do a great job and you really seem so genuine agh.

6. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Not sure a good base = a good moderator but okay

7. ImShawn

ImShawn Member

i do not support this person being staff

8. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Whether you support or not, please always give a reason when commenting :)

9. Darkify

Darkify Experienced Member

No support. I simply don’t find you fit to be staff here.

-Darkeh

10. ImShawn

ImShawn Member

for 1 : dont tell me what to do.
    for 2: if she wants to know why i dont support her, She can Private message me since noone else needs to know

11. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    Maybe it can help others know what to rate her on

12. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I find it a little hard to see if you are active or not due to the advertising. But you likely wouldn’t be active when I’m online myself so that I cannot judge.
    I’d certainly like to see you become a presence in the community, especially forums and server, and not just someone who advertises their store a lot.
    Neutral

13. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    You must give a reason why you dont support/neutral/or support, this just makes you look bad too and in the future everyone even mods will ignore your rating if you dont add a reason

14. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    I completely agree that people should leave a reason if they give neutrals/no supports, however, I wouldn't say that 'must' give a reason, it's more of a courtesy. I don't understand what you mean by "mods will ignore your rating" when moderators do not look at ratings people give on an application, they look at the applicant themselves and not other people.

I realised I did not leave a reason for my no support, so here it is:

I never see you active. All you do is advertise your shop and I absolutely can not see anyone who only advertises their shop to be a part of the staff team, simply put.

15. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

as said before she is ready to make the change if she gets staff to stop advertising and afk

16. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    She is only willing to change if she gets staff?

17. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

I feel like someone should make the choice to be more active and not advertise as much to show that they are ready to be staff (once you start the application process), not once after you get a staff position.

Then again, in the past, some of the former staff members ran shops while moderating.

To me, being a volunteer staff member means willingly putting someone's else game play before your own advancement. But each player knows for themselves when they think they are ready to put the community first. And it is more our duty to leave constructive criticism about what we would like to see in a moderator. How can we really improve without proper feedback? Whether that feed back is posted here or in private is not so relevant as long as comments remain respectful.

I hope that, over time, we can help LadyAnkie develop into someone we can all trust.

18. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Ankie you are legit one of the nicest people on here full support however you could use more activity on forums and discord

19. LadyAnkie

LadyAnkie Active Member

IGN:
    LadyAnkie
    Thanks for all the feedback. I have stopped advertising my shop with my main, and instead i am focusing on using my main account to help people and not advertise. I have been more active on forums and discord like you all suggested, and no im not willing to do it IF i get staff, i already did it regardless of being staff or not. I am doing my best to adjust to the criteria set by everyone in my feedback posts :) and with time i do hope i can be someone you all trust to be your mod :)

20. LadyAnkie

LadyAnkie Active Member

IGN:
    LadyAnkie
    i dont advertise my shop on my main account any more.

Yes i have been helping more since i wrote the application but only in public chat. before that i usually did all my helping in private chats cause its easier to explain in detail there :)

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.