KrazyKawaiii's Moderator Application (.NET)

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by plum, Apr 16, 2016.

1. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    Hi everyone, thanks for clicking my moderator application.

Before I begin, I would like to tell you a bit about myself.

My name is Sophia, I'm 13 years old, I may be young, but I'm still mature and responsible, I live in Australia, I am my school president. I have been playing Skyblock for a year now.

What is my IGN?
    My IGN is KrazyKawaiii, but my nickname is Kawaiii, my previous usernames were Cute_Dusty and SophiaBerry (A.K.A Berry)

What is my timezone?
    AEST +10:00, I'm usally online in the morning, but that may be different because of the different timezones, If you are in the same timezone and don't see me on skyblock in the morning, I'm on at 3-6 am

Why do I think I should be a mod?
    I'm kind and caring to others, I will never let a friend down, no matter what. I love helping other's with their islands, whenever someone completes a task I will always congratulate them with a smiley face. :)

I never have or never will grief anybody, say hurtful/insulting words to others, I always cheer people up. I have always followed the rules, I make sure others also follow the rules.
    I can type very fast, if you're wondering why that is helpful, it's because if anyone asks a question they get a quick answer from me.

I have made an excellent amount of friends.(I put this in because that means people consider me friendly.) I would never accuse someone if I have no evidence, I have been playing for quite a long time now, I know the server very well, I'm having no trouble with the rules whatsoever.

I always cheer people up with a nice compliment about them are any of their creations. I am quite an organised person. I'm hard-working when trying to achieve goals. I know quite a lovely amount of players on this server.

I know I am a very loyal, kind and mature person. If I ever get the chance to choose what I do in my time, of course I will choose the awesome, fun and loved skyblock.net.

What languages do I speak?
    My main language is English, I am currently working on Thai, Mandarin, Korean and Italian.

Have I ever been banned?
    No, and I don't think I ever will get banned, the idea of disobeying the rules are not for me.

How long can I active each day?
    <Graph>
    Mon: 3-7 am = 4 hours Tues: 4-7am 7:30-8:30pm=4 hours

Wed: 4-7am=3 hours
    Thurs: 3-7am 7:30-8:30pm = 5 hours
    Fri: 3-7am 4:30-7:00pm =6:30 hours
    Sat: 4-7am 12pm-6pm= 9 hours
    Sun: 3-7am 5- 7pm= 6 hours
    Per week: 37:30 hours (or around)

Have I ever been a moderator before?
    Not a sever mod, but I have the personality and thoughts of one, and some of my close friends are mods on different servers. But I am a real-life mod, because I am my school president

Questionnaire
    I have been given a list of questions from friends:
    Someone has been griefing people's islands, if you were a mod what will you do?
    I would ask them calmly to stop their behaviour if it continues I may ban him for a couple of days.
    Their was a glitch and someone lost all their items, what would you do?
    I'd offer some of my items to him/her so then they can start a new one. ;)

Why am I right for the job?
    I think I'm right for the job because I'm very sensible and funny! Two things I'm happy about, I also think I'm right for the job because when I play not many moderators are on. I am special and unique, I may not have the best grammar or punctuation, but I try my best, but that is just me, I can't say I'm perfect, neither can Anyone, but being me is a good thing.

Inspirational quotes
    When I was five my mother told me that happiness was the key to life, When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I wrote 'Happy' They told me didn't understand the assignment I told them they didn't understand life. ~John Lennon
    Life is like a bicycle, to keep balance, you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein
    You can't blend in, if you were born to
    Stand out! ~ from 'Wonder' the book.

Thanks for reading my application it is highly appreciated

~~~ Sophia (A.K.A KrazyKawaiii)

• Support Support x 4
    • No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  2. QuantumJames

QuantumJames Well-Known Member

Neutral

This is a reasonable application but you need more detail

>Make a graph of your average hours for each day of the week so It's easier to understand
    >Grammar and Punctuation - I found a few errors within it such as "I believe follow the rules and have a great time" , generally just make sure theres no extra punctuation marks.
    >Add in some colour and be a bit more cheerful - Staff looking at your application like to see people putting their personality into the application and let it show who they are.
    >Include your name in the title
    >I'm in the same timezone and I have never seen you on

Thanks

-James

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  3. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Neutral

4. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    I'm in the same time zone as you... Never seen you on. No support

5. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Full Support.
    Ben~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2016
  6. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    I am on, It's just because I never talk on the chat.

7. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
  8. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Ah okay. Just msg me when you see me online. Ill watch out for you :) ill stay neutral then

9. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    kk sure :)

10. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Neutral. Try to be more forum active, you will need to moderate that too if you get the position.

11. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    Yes, That is true but I play at 3 am, which most people don't really wake up :3

12. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Neutral

13. QuantumJames

QuantumJames Well-Known Member

You should mention these things about yourself in your application.

14. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    Ok. Thanks anyways. Jamo7777

15. XxNitro_ChargexX

XxNitro_ChargexX Member

80% support good luck! :0

16. Affendo.

Affendo. Well-Known Member

Salutations Sophia!
    I have read your application and here is my feedback.

Pros:
    Although many pass over this fact, I feel that you being school president may mean you are a good leader, and that is what a moderator should have in my opinion
    If you are a fluent linguist it is quite a good benefit as it means you can reach out to others of different languages.

Cons:
    Just like me, you are also a new member. I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the forums like what I am progressing on before submitting your application from.
    I also suggest you touch up on your grammar, your English is already rather decent, with a few grammatical errors here and there. Perfecting it will make your text very professional looking.
    In the comment section you stated that you never speak in chat. This may contradict your statement that you are helpful to other players as those who truly are helpful answer out to those in need in chat.

Overall, you have quite a decently written application, but there are many ways to improve it.
    I'll give 60% support for now Sophie, Thanks.

17. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Criticizing later.

18. Archie

Archie Member

No support. you are a BIT immature and in the actual app itself there is not that much detail throughout the application. If you edit this, I am prepared for a 75% or Full support

19. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    Archie, could you please correct me, how am I immature? I would like to know the reasons.
    Thanks.

20. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Well-Known Member Premium

Just returned from a session of something called "zumba". It appears to be just dancing in place for an hour, only without the benefits of meeting the opposite sex or drinking heavily. However my daughter loved it more than having Christmas on her birthday while in Disney World. Probably going back again.

In the meantime...

Quite welcome, ma'am. Looking forward to reading through this.

•blink• That was extremely brief and to the point. +1 immediately, good start. Have you thought of putting a link to your post creating an intro post in the Introductions forum?

[EDIT:] That was my fault. I should have checked to see if you had an intro post. I apologize ma'am. Section edited.

Nice to meet you, Ms. Berry. I am a little embarrassed to admit I spent several minutes trying to remove the [tabs] in your post. It took me that long to realize there are no tabs. You've spent an incredible amount of time lining up your text perfect just using spaces. I am impressed.

First: Separate those times. You meant to say "Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10)"
    Second: You are online at 3am?? You have the coolest parents ever. If I caught my daughter awake at 3am I'd get out the duct tape and itching powder.

Absolutely my favo(u)rite part of any application. Judging from the above responses I think this may be the highlight of my afternoon. I am more excited than a conspiracy theorist in a cryptid museum.

Proceed!
    You are literally my third grade teacher. God bless you, Ms. Reinheld. Rest in peace.

This is a good opening, Ms. Berry. Much respect for that. However I'm starting to get the feeling that your application going to focus entirely on how well you treat your friends and fellow SkyBlock players. It is nice to be kind and caring with your friends but Mods upset a lot of people and punish quite a few folks. Are you aware of how much negative attention you'll be receiving?

+1, this is a good thing.

Why do so many people list "typing speed" on an application..? This isn't bad, but it seems like most Moderating is done with two or three word sentences and a massive amount of personal restraint. 95wpm does the same job that a 20wpm typist does.

Just once I'd like to see someone say "My reading is phenomenal: I can review and retain up to 650 words per minute. This is a very good trait to have because it means I do not miss very much in the chat spam. I read it all."

Did you accidentally paste two sentences together, ma'am? You went from "I make friends" straight into banning people with evidence before finishing up with how well you follow rules. This feels a little awkward. It might be just me, though. Don't worry about it.

OK, I am fairly sure you are cramming things together as you think of them ma'am. You are all over the place here chatting about different topics. Pick one idea and stick with it, provide supporting statements and (possibly) an example.

It is excellent that you make a lot of friends. Please provide information on why that would make you a good Moderator. This is a job application: Everything you list needs to explain why it would make you the right pick for a job.

Small example here:
    "I always cheer people up with a nice compliment about them. A good attitude towards players is important for a Moderator to have: When someone is upset or angry it can pay to calm them down first before addressing their problem. Since I find it easy to get along well with strangers I feel I could do the same when it comes to resolving player issues."​

Probably not the best writing example but I'm sure you get the idea, Ms. Berry. Fix that use of "there" when you have a minute, ma'am-- I highlighted it in red text for you.

+1.

Good Lord. I am extremely impressed, that is a huge amount of languages.

This is a rather difficult feat to pull off. SkyBlock occasionally goes a little nuts and bans more people than the North Korean Tourism Board. If you've never been on the receiving end of a Rand-O-Ban-O then you must be playing very clean. Good job.

•glances through• What is impressive here is how early you are committing yourself. Because you are getting up at 3am your time zone perfectly overlaps with peak playing hours for the U.S. players. That is outstanding; did you plan that out or is this an accident?

ARGH. STOP. Go back to the template and read the question again, it says: Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

YES, YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE. You are the school president at thirteen years old(!). Your entire job as school president is handling groups of people, getting decisions made and acting as a go-between for leadership and the student body.

That.
    Is.
    Moderating.

You are a real life moderator, even if your position is light on responsibility. You're more qualified than 90% of the other applications I've read. Rewrite this section to highlight your skill set.

Oh, this isn't something I've seen before. Rather interesting idea and a pretty good thing to add on an application. More people should pick this idea up. Can you flesh this out and add a bit more? Don't add fifty questions, but a couple common ones might be interesting; this definitely makes your application stand out a bit from the pack.

Fix the red highlighted words when you have a moment, ma'am.

First: MASSIVE +1 for having this section. Very, very few applications ever specifically list why they are the best pick for the job. Almost everyone just sort of lets the person going over the app "read between the lines" and take a guess at if the applicant fits the need.

Second: Do not disqualify yourself in your own application: "I may look less mature... I can't say I'm perfect", etc make me roll my eyes so hard I can see the back of my head. Remove and replace with more confident statements, e.g. "I work hard to be mature" or "I am always looking for ways to improve".

Third: Avoid sounding like you're accusing the current Mod team of not doing enough ("When I play not many Moderators are on"). I know you did not mean anything by this but you are subtly saying they're not doing good enough at the job. You might be working with these folks in the future.

This is a beautiful quote, but it's actually by Goldie Hawn, ma'am. Around 2008 someone ripped the quote, changed it a bit to replace "friends" with "school" and attributed it to Lennon.

This was in a letter from Einstein to his son, Eduard. The original quote is closer to "It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike. Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one's balance."

Interestingly Einstein was actually paraphrasing someone else, more than likely Reverend Benson Hamilton: "A great preacher," said he, "says living a religious life is like riding the bicycle: you must go on or come down".

I loved this book.

This doesn't seem to have a useful purpose, Ms. Berry. You are listing things only normal players do. How does this matter as a Moderator?

You're quite welcome, ma'am. Best of luck on your application.

Support Status: 100%
    (Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind.)​