June's Island Competition [Economy]

Discussion in 'Events & Competitions' started by 52Phenomenon, Jun 1, 2021.

1. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    [​IMG]

Welcome back to the Monthly Island Competition! Each month our players battle it out to be crowned champion and have their island named the best on the server for that month.

We are pleased to announce that the winner of May's Island Competition was Jake_Hogan with their island /visit Jake_Hogan! Jake_Hogan you will be receiving your discord role and in game prizes very shortly! Congratulations, and thank you to everybody who entered last month's contest

Now to this month's competition...

As May’s contest was held on /skyblock, this month the contest is switching back to /economy! Remember that they will be alternating each month! As always, if you have any questions about the contest, feel free to /msg 52Phenomenon when you catch me in game or contact me on discord @ 52Phenomenon#9268.

Your task is simple: create an island (or enter an already completed island) on our Economy server and submit it. By entering, you have the chance of winning the following:
    • A custom medal from me that will only be obtainable from winning this competition[​IMG]
    • A role on the Skyblock Discord that will only be given out to those that win our competitions
      [​IMG]
    • An extended feature in the #island-showcase channel on the Skyblock Discord
      • The winner's showcase will include more images and much more detail about the island
    • 1x Pig Spawner
    To win, we ask that all entrants follow the criteria set:
    • You must be the owner of the island that you submit
      • Your entry cannot be an island that you sold to another player
    • The island must be submitted by the player that built the majority of it
    • The island must be on our Skyblock server
    Your islands will be judged by our team of Super Moderators. The winner will be announced by me on this thread, and will also be included in the thread for next month's competition. Islands will be judged on how unique they are, how well they are built, and their general look. To enter, please reply below with this format:
    • In-game name:
    • Discord name and tag (e.gName#0001):
    • Island picture(s):
    • Have you entered your island in our island competition before?
    Note: You may enter the same island each month, but this means that you are unlikely to win. Entering a new build each month will increase your chances of winning if you have already won.

We look forward to seeing the entries! As always, the competition will begin on the 1st and end on the 25th, allowing us time to decide our winners. Entries made after the deadline will not be considered, so please make sure you enter on time!

Good luck everybody!

2. Blade2344

Blade2344 Member

IGN:
    Blade2344
    congrats jake !

3. YouthHalo

YouthHalo Active Member

IGN:
    YouthHalo
    GG jake!

4. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    congrats Jake! awesome island!!

5. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Congrats Jake :heart: well deserved!!

6. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    Congrats jakey!

(Pst.. I'm making a new island for this month!)

7. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Hey all, I've decided to re-enter my island for the competition this month. I have previously entered my island in the April island competition. Congratulations to jake for winning the previous competition!

-- I have used a similar/same design for a lot of this months entry --
    • In-game name: GangstaPancake
    • Discord name and tag (e.gName#0001): pancake#3189
    • Island picture(s):
    Welcome to mine and maisaa's eco island :heart:
    [​IMG]
    This is a complete overview of the island, it's not the largest of islands but it's a cute one hehe. This image shows you the pool, 8 pedestals, hills, shrine, orbs, torches and more. This image captures a long distance view of the island, allowing you to view all of the island from a far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two images are of the main shrine/portal on the island. The shrine is the main attraction on the island and also has a glowing orb on it, that orb is surrounded with many other orbs. These images were taken to display the shrine in all of its' glory.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two images are of the spawn area/pool/pond. You can also see the rocks and hills in this image, along with the flaming torches. There are 8 pedestals, the number 8 is significant as it is the number of infinity, perfection and a constant flow of energy and power.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two images display the storage room (built into the side of the island) that myself, Mai , and Borahae worked on. It is a two story storage room with animal displays and beautiful decorations.
    [​IMG]
    This image captures my signature wall, or better yet "signature cave" in all of it's glory! Even have crew's official signature :starstruck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lastly, i've attached two photos of myself and my amazing coopmate maisaa enjoying the view from the top of the shrine. You can also see the glowing beacon shining through the middle of the fiery orb!

Credits & Extra information:
    Of course I've got to re-credit everybody who has helped me with the island :heart:
    - I'd like to thank alex : ( for this entry design, I did take influence from him so thank you :heart:
    - I'd also like to thank Frez, eunice, UrsusMaiorus, eunice, Mai, bertberry and Borahae for their amazing help with the island and donations, I couldn't be entering this today if it weren't for you guys so thank you so much :heart:
    - I'd estimate that this build took me approximately 16-24 of building hours to complete. I had a few bumps in the track, especially with the lack of funds but with the help of many people, I managed to pump hours of work into this and finish with something I'm very proud of
    - Massive credits and thanks to Mai and PCcoolguy100 for helping me out with the pictures, they're amazing

Have you entered your island in our island competition before?
    I have entered this island once before previously in the April island competition

Whilst my chances are slim to win as the island has been entered before, I thought i'd enter it nevertheless. I'm sorry to have such a similar entry design again this month, exams are just wrapping up but i've got one last one to focus on :heart:

Best of luck to all :heart:

• Winner x 2
    • Amazing x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Cookie x 1
  8. Driedramen

Driedramen Active Member

IGN:
    driedramen
    Congrats Jeg! Well done :heart:

9. Iciii

Iciii Active Member

IGN:
    Iciii
    congrats jake!

10. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    • In-game name: Calidre
    • Discord name and tag (e.gName#0001): Calidre#2227
    • Island picture(s):

Welcome to Alexandria! The little circular medieval town floating in the sky. Will be opening the island soon to be explored, and will potentially be adding some easter eggs through named animals and signs

2021-06-19_16.34.33 (2).PNG

2021-06-19_16.35.56 (2).PNG

2021-06-19_16.35.33 (1).PNG

2021-06-19_16.37.22 (1).PNG

2021-06-19_16.38.12 (1).PNG

2021-06-19_16.29.44 (1).PNG

2021-06-19_16.37.57.PNG

Ty archerexpert777 for the pictures :D

• Have you entered your island in our island competition before? Nope never first time

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    Was gonna enter but I'm too late lol, good luck all people entering !

12. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    The winner of June's Island Contest was Pancake with their island /visit GangstaPancake!

To see all the details and enter your island for next month's contest on /skyblock, click here :)