Island Level

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Brandon, Mar 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Okay, I was wondering about island levels, and it occurred to me that it is a possible plugin that the server could implement.

What is it: The island level plugin shows what level each players island is, it will be beside your name in chat, generally in front of the donor prefix. For example, [Lv. 69] [Donor] John_Trollenski0. And for unranked members, [Lv. 9000] Strommaniac . (Thanks for nominating ;))

How it works: Each block placed within the world guard region has its own set xp value. Let's say you need 50xp to get from level 1, to 2. And each grass/dirt block on your island was 1xp. A starter island would be at least level 2 as there is 78 grass/dirt on the island. Of course it will add the sand and the oak logs and leaves. Each block will have its own set xp level, so the more blocks you place, the higher the level. For a player like myself using a lot of quartz and mineral blocks (diamond etc), I will be a much higher level as these blocks are quite expensive, they will generally give a higher xp value, let's say, quartz blocks give 10xp each.

This is my suggestion to CypriotMerks.

• Support Support x 14
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

This would be cool, support.

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    I don't really see how this could harm anything and it seems pretty cool. Support.

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. Let's see who has the most level :3

5. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    I really like this suggestion lol, if it could be implemented it would motivate people to use something other than snow as a building block. :rolleyes:

6. TVFilthyFrank

TVFilthyFrank Active Member

Support, I don't see why not.

7. TheEpicWotsit

TheEpicWotsit Active Member

Hmm. I dont know about this suggestion, as this would just make the Donors and older players even more powerful and dominating in the community, making it more difficult for newer players to fit in.

However, I see the potential and the idea is unique. All of the above players seem to like it, so mabye most of the server will, haha.

For now though, I'll stay neutral.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

8. Strommaniac

Strommaniac Active Member

GREAT IDEA
    lets make it so the people who spent years trading to get the amount of diamonds/stuff they have can see it Ll become worthless by adding ore generators.
    Really loving this idea.

9. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

No, just no.
    I understand your point, read the part where I said non-ranked can compete with other non-ranked, and donors compete with donors. Rank doesn't matter too much. /visit sgtgranny. He is a non-ranked player with a massive island, bigger than a lot of donors.

10. EDISONTECH

EDISONTECH Well-Known Member

IGN:
    EDISONTECH
    support. another skyblock server i went on already have this

11. TheEpicWotsit

Iv seen sgts island and spoke to him in chat many a time, so I know how so called greenies can have a large influence. Thanks for replying to my comment. I dont think it woukd fit with the server right now so I'm still neutral. Good luck though. :heart:

12. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

What is your main concern? What do you mean "wouldn't fit in with the server right now"? Is the server going through a midlife crisis?

13. TheEpicWotsit

Haha. What i think is that 'levels' would be strange and confusing on the server, that it wouldnt make much sense. Why should one persons island be better than yours because of some number?
    THIS IS ALL MY OWN OPINION NOBODY GET MAD :heart:

Last post because I going to bed and there are too many replies from me xD

14. MrBenCraft

MrBenCraft Well-Known Member

Would make longer prefixing In chat looks spammy like other servers,
    I like skyblock cus there's no spammy rubbish like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

No one is getting mad mate, I just want to see what you're thinking so I can persuade you the positives to it xD.

Some people are competitive, and some aren't.
    You don't think players don't spam as it is?

16. ConortheAssasin

ConortheAssasin Active Member

Support, sounds like a good idea.

17. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    I mean, I don't really see the point, but support.

18. MyNamesJeff

MyNamesJeff Active Member

@MyIsland

19. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Technically speaking if this was to be implemented there might need to be an update to the islands which might need a server reset.
    If there is a plugin that can actually create an island level without needing a reset or modification to the island plugin or if it can be added easily to the island plugin, then support.

20. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Oh I see what you mean, to update the blocks placed etc, is this where you are going? Sorry, let me explain myself better. Are you trying to say that maybe if it were to be implemented, the current placed blocks might not contribute to the level, hence a reset so everyone starts at 0, and every placed block after goes towards the level?