Is it possible to be banned without reason?

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Ca1, Jul 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Moderators please do not lock or close this thread without asking first. As Per the 1962 consumer bill of rights, and since SkyBlock operates as a business/company, as users we have a right to be heard and it is your duty as a business to inform your customers.

Hello. It has come to my attention that this paragraph exists as a terms and conditions clause on the SkyBlock Store.

Any staff, owners, hosts, advertisers, officers, directors, employees, partners, and all other parties related to this servers staff reserve the right, with the appropriate permissions, to forcibly make you leave the server, permanently or temporarily, with no chance of refund if deemed necessary.

Does this mean that you may be forcibly made to leave the server (or receive a ban) for no given reason?

You might not think that the paragraph is grounds for the admins to ban someone from the server without sufficient proof/reason, but this section was actually edited recently, and this is what it previously read before changes were made:

Any staff, owners, hosts, advertisers, officers, directors, employees, partners, and all other parties related to this servers staff reserve the right, with the appropriate permissions, to forcibly make you leave the server, permanently or temporarily, with no chance of refund – however this will never be unwarranted, this will only happen in the case of extreme rule-breaking. If you obey the rules, you will never be banned, plain and simple.

After reading the old version compared to the updated version it certainly seems Noobcrew has updated this clause to allow for bans or removal of use of paid for ranks as he wishes. What do you think? Is it fair admins have the power to remove players from the server without reasons?

2. Salvation

Salvation Active Member

IGN:
    YoureMySalvation
    They can ban you for whatever reason they'd like. It isn't fair, but they can and do. Still banned on economy on my main account for "spam bot" even though I'd like to think that I am clearly not a spam bot. I'm banned from Skywars for "language" but nobody will help me because the ban was from Crew and he doesn't care enough to check out his own server.

3. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

If you have been banned for what you believe is unfair, and you have not been given any response, then SkyBlock is once again the in violation of their obligation to inform its consumers. You may want to file a complaint should you feel the need..

Also, they cannot legally ban you if you have not broken their rules, for they will be breaking their own terms of service.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  4. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    There have been a number of bans recently for no good reason and without any proof or discussion with the banned player. All of which were a violation of skyblocks terms and conditions as they were at the time, and even as they now are re-written.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  5. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    No. We do not ban without reason.

6. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo thinks Ca1 was referring to future cases given the recent change to the T’s&C’s.
    How does one determine what is “necessary“

7. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    What makes it necessary to punish a user:
    • You broke the server rules we have in place.
    They are there for a reason and they are there to be followed, failure to do so will result in punishment.

All cases, past, present and future as Mods we will require reason to punish you in any way, as we always have. We cannot do anything without reason.

8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    A reason maybe, but not necessarily a good reason and proof is not needed, suspicion is enough. And now the T’s&C’s have removed reference to the rules so it seems we can be banned without breaking the rules.

9. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    If one of our rules is broken, the player will be punished. That’s standard & how we have always and will always operate.

10. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    That’s not in dispute, we’re discussing bans where rules have not been broken.

11. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    On the very very very off chance that that does happen, the player can appeal their ban, as the rules also states, and can discuss their thoughts & opinions on that with a Moderator.

You state that now it appears we can Punish without reason, I am replying with: We must have reason to punish and if you do not believe it is a valid reason - you can appeal it.

I appreciate it may appear this way with that element being removed but that’s not the case. We don’t punish for the fun of it.

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    It’s happened a number of times in the last few months Megan.
    One came with a mute on all avenues to appeal. Another that was appealed and not replied to for almost a month.
    Another that was appealed but the reason given explained no broken rules.

I’m not sure who your quoting, but no one has claimed it appears we can be punish without reason.
    Ca1 simply asked the question and I said there have been bans without GOOD reason.

13. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    What I see as a good reason, may not be the same for you. That’s why we allow appeals for you to disagree with us and come to a conclusion.
    What I’m referring to is the misconception of the comment change regarding Rule Breaking & their punishment.

Due to this being a discussion thread, I will stop replying for the mean time to see what others think.

14. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    This would refer to users that break the rules found here: Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

15. Noobcrew

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    Staff are human and sometimes make mistakes. We don't go out of our way and purposely ban or mute players with no reason.

16. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    That is true, people will have different view in what is a good reason which only means the change in the T’s&C’s only blurs what is acceptable.
    There certainly were bans issued prior to this change where rules were not broken though, which did violate the T’s&C’s at the time.

17. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I can certainly appreciate that but there have been bans based on suspicion alone which is not human error but human choice.

18. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    This is the perfect example, regardless of any T&C’s as to why a player can appeal any punishment.

19. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    And when it goes un answered, essentially for the entire period of that ban??

20. Noobcrew

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    I only ever personally ban someone with the reason "language" if I feel it is a very serious chat offense.

Feel free to pm me your usernames on discord and i'll look into both however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.