Declined Inactivity Timers For Co-op Leaders.

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by EnderofBlueFire, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnderofBlueFire

EnderofBlueFire Member

IGN:
    EnderofBlueFire
    Hi! Recently I have started playing on this server again and wanted to start a new island. I had a huge idea that would take a lot of time and effort so I did not want to start my island alone. I asked in chat if anyone wanted to join me, but no one did so I asked if I could join someone else and sure enough it worked. This was fine for about 2 weeks until the co-op leader stopped playing and I could no longer do any of the co-op leader commands such as /trust, /lock, /sb, and /movebedrock. I waited for a few days and he hasn't rejoined. I have already made quite a bit of progress on my island so starting over wouldn't be very easy on me. I know I am not the first person to experience this misfortune so I thought of an idea: What if after a week or two of not being online, the system automatically switches the co-op leader to the most active member so the leader commands could be used again? I don't know it's just a suggestion but I think it might help a lot of people!

• Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 2
  2. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Neutral leaning no support. This can cause a lot of mayhem and unfairness with the co-op system. All i can say for now is to be careful when doing co-ops.

3. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Neutral. I've seen several complaints from players that their coop leader is too inactive. However, it is their island, and they might not like that they're no longer the coop leader.

Instead, I think it would be better if there is at least 1 co owner of the island that has almost the same perms that the coop leader has.

4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Joining a coop is at your own risk. Which means when you rely on people, you risk their inactivity etc.
    The best way to really handle this is to use the island to gain the resources you need to make your own.

5. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I agree with krissy

6. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

No support I see it is frustrating when the co-op leader is inactive I would know on classic I was in a co-op and the owner would be off for months at a time but I don't think it would be fair to the person who owns the island as Krissy said you join at your own risk, I don't think it would be fair for the owner of the island to be changed without them knowing it is their island after all, well that is just my opinion

7. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    That happened to me.. all I did. was take my stuff. stuff that were collected by him I did NOT, take it, only mine, so I will say no support

8. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support
    The way I think about it is if someone joins my coop then I go on vacation then they get my island and I come back and it’s all ruined and not what it’s suppose to be like would that seem fair?

9. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No support. You take risks of the co-op leader becoming inactive when joining the island so that's why I never like to be apart of coops unless I'm the leader.

10. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

As others have noted, the island belongs to the coop leader, but you are free to leave the coop at any time to join another or make your own island if you are unhappy with the way the coop is run, including the activity level of the coop leader.

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.