Implement the new 1.14 lighting engine as a server-integrated feature

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Bard, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    So, I'm fully aware that this is a little soon, but hear me out fellas. Kudos to the big dogs to getting us up and running on 1.14 this early, like seriously it's amazing.

So here's my issue: I have a large island and use forge 1.11 since it's compatible with most mods I use. Sure, it's a bit out of date, but it works. One of the mods I use is schematica, which helps me build significantly faster. But I've given up due to the severe block lag caused by the old uselessness of the prior versions' lighting engines.

Essentially what I'm proposing is rather than having the client-user's game version depend on what lighting engine to use, maybe make the new engine a feature embedded into the server for all players from many different versions to enjoy?

Hopefully it's even possible. Thanks for the read! :D

2. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    As youve said it might not be possible thats like having uhm whats a good example... uhm maybe like having 1.14 code in beta versions ( that'll work i guess) it just might not work and its a good idea dont get me wrong just maybe not possible also it would put a huge overload on the server and the devs