Denied I'm Sorry<3

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Pykea, Dec 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pykea

Pykea Member

IGN:
    Pykeaa
    Punished Discord Name & Tag: Pykea#7109

Punished Discord ID: Pykea

Punishment Message: Perm Banned On Discord For Drawing Inappropriate things in Skyblock VC
    Have You Read The Discord Rules?: Yes I Have Read All Of The Rules. I Will Now Follow Them.

Do You Think This Punishment Was Incorrect: No, This Punishment Was Correct Because I Didn't Follow The Rules.

Why Should You Be Unbanned/Unmuted: I Should Be Unbanned From The Discord Server Because I've Read All The Rules And Because It Was An Accident. I Didn't Mean To Make Anyone Feel Uncomfortable. I'll Read The Rules Over Again If I Have To.

Please List Any Other Times You Were Punished On The Skyblock Discord: I Was Punished Multiple Times For Disrespecting Staff/Players And Not Following The Rules. That Was Probably The Reason I Got Perm Banned Because Frez Said I Was Close To The End Of Getting Banned.

If You Know, Tag The Staff Member That Punished You: Bree.

Do You Understand And Accept the Skyblock Discord Rules And Our Code Of Conduct?: Yes I Do. I Will Not Disrespect, Argue Or Be Rude To Anyone In The Discord If I Don't Like It What They're Talking About. I'm Very Sorry For What I Did And I Hope I'm Able To Get Unbanned Soon:heart:
    -Pykea

2. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Hi Pykea, thanks for the re-appeal.

First off, thank you for the apology. However, none of that should've happened. When things didn't go your way, you decided insulting myself and the team was the best way to "get to us" and you effectively shut down your previous appeal by doing so. I do not appreciate being bashed for doing my job.

I have a few questions concerning your previous appeal that I would like to go through and I hope this time you can remain civil in your replies.

This is a quote from your previous appeal. What changed your mind about wanting to be unbanned? You also reached out to me in-game after your initial discord ban and asked me to ban you in-game since you didn't want to play anymore. If you do not wish to be in the community and uphold our rules, then why do you want to come back?

This sentence alone is very telling of what you think of your ban. Even though you claim to understand why you were banned and accept that, you have still returned to insults and dragging people through the mud. Whoever reported you is not your concern, you should instead focus on your behaviour, actions and words that brought about your punishment and subsequent removal from our discord platform.

No matter the issue you have, no matter who you are, we do listen and investigate whatever is brought to our attention. If you need something to be sorted, my dms are open.

Okay let's get on to your new appeal.

I'm happy you believe your punishment is correct. As said before, we do not hand out punishments lightly, especially bans as in your case. As explained in your previous appeal, we do not need to provide evidence to prove your participation on the day in question, I hope you understand and can accept that.

Simply reading the rules will not get you unbanned. We need to see a positive change in behaviour on different platforms so we can feel confident and comfortable with you returning to our discord server. No one can "accidentally" draw an inappropriate picture, I'm not sure why you would use that as an excuse. This wasn't a matter of you making someone uncomfortable, this was a matter of your repeated ruling breaking.

Thank you for this. I hope you now understand better why you were banned. In all honesty, the way you ended your previous appeal has only made me feel even more strongly about keeping you banned. If you cannot remain civil in replies on the forums, how can I know that you won't get angry and lash out in the live and active discord server?

As said previously, saying all the "right things" isn't useful, please be honest and start working towards improving your behaviour so that myself and the rest of the team feel confident you have not only learned from this experience, but will become a respectful member of the community.

Thank you for your time,
    Bree

3. Pykea

Pykea Member

IGN:
    Pykeaa
    Hey! Idk how to explain this to you, but it’s not an excuse. I do not remember drawing anything but I might of. I’m being nice about this but why am I not allowed to see the picture I drew? I just don’t understand. Also how would you guys see if I change my attitude if I don’t rly play skyblock anymore? How will you guys know? I really want to return on the discord server because i “quit” skyblock and I want to be able to contact skyblock players still without going on the server:heart:! I’m very very sorry again for disrespecting you guys and I didn’t mean it. It might if seemed like I did but I didn’t. I shouldn’t have been rude to you guys in the first place. I know you guys are doing your job but sometimes I just get annoyed when I try and ask for help and I do get the help I need! I hope you understand what I’m saying:) also how can I contact you, because I can’t add u on discord because it says “Novembree#3146 is not accepting friend requests. They’ll have to add you first to become friends.”
    -Pykea

4. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Hey Pykea thanks for your response.

I've told you numerous times that we don't need to show you what you drew. Might I remind you of what you were banned for, "Taking part in inappropriate/NSFW games in the public skyblock voice channels." You were banned for drawing inappropriate images. There are only so many inappropriate things you can draw, I'm pretty sure you can take a good guess.

Your appeal responses are a good indication, but also how you handle yourself in-game too. I know you aren't as active now, and to answer your second question, we will never truly know. When we choose to accept an appeal we are trusting that you won't break that rule again. We can never know for sure, but if someone is honest, accept their punishment and apologize for their behaviour that goes a long way.

For the amount of times you disrespected staff we know you did mean it at the time. Of course, now that could've changed, but at the time you definitely meant it. I understand if you make a flippant comment once and awhile you might not mean it wholly, but when you have disrespected staff multiple times on discord and in game for that fact, we know you did mean it.

Thank you for acknowledging that we are doing our jobs. We're on the team to uphold the rules of Skyblock, and we do not enjoy having to punish people. I understand you can get annoyed when you don't get the help you need, however this isn't really relevant to your appeal. You were banned for repeatedly breaking our rules, as I've told you multiple times.

You can contact me on discord, and though it's true I'm not accepting friend requests you should still be able to message me. Regardless, I have sent you a friend request so you should be able to message me now. Just please keep the majority of your questions and responses here as to help your appeal.

If you have more questions regarding your ban, please let me know. Do you better understand and accept your ban now?

You specifically broke our discord rule about Inappropriate/NSFW Content, which was the final rule broken before your ban. It states:
    With this as a guide, please explain to me in your own words 1. Why we have this rule 2. What this rule means
    3. How you plan on following it if you are unbanned. Again, if you have questions let me know.

Thanks,
    Bree

5. Pykea

Pykea Member

IGN:
    Pykeaa
    1. Why we have this rule? :Skyblock has this rule because mods/staff members don’t want inappropriate stuff to be on this server. This server is to have fun and not do inappropriate stuff. They also don’t want it because there’s people from 5-12 year olds who play this server which doing this stuff isn’t really appropriate for them.
    2.What this rule means. This rule means do NOT send/talk/draw etc anything inappropriate. Or you’ll get banned.
    3. How you plan on following it if you areunbanned. It’s my first time getting banned for inappropriate stuff so it won’t be hard for me to stop doing it. I will think about if it’s inappropriate and if I should do it or not.
    Again, if you have questions letme know.
    I don’t think I have any questions. Thank you

6. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Hi Pykea, thanks for your answers.

I have been made aware that possibly you and/or your friends have been spreading the false pretence around the community that you were banned to "cover up" someone you reported in the past, despite the investigation and conclusion of that case awhile ago.

Spreading lies about why you are banned is not acceptable. I have heard this from multiple people on the server and it is of upmost priority that it is sorted out. Again, you seem to fail to understand why you were banned. We are not covering for the person you reported in the past. I have told you many times why you were banned and the other case was concluded some time ago.

Would you please care to explain why you have been lying to your friends about this?

7. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Pykea If you wish to continue with your appeal, please respond within the next 3 days. Thank you!

8. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Thank you for creating an appeal, but unfortunately your appeal has been denied.
    We strongly recommend reading through this thread here for any future appeals!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.