Global How to use Litematica & Printer

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Devil, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    Hey Guys! I've been seeing people struggling to use Litematica or don't know some of the tricks about it, so I decided to make this thread for people to learn more about it !!

First things first, you will have to download quite a few things, make sure you have fabric as your launcher to use Litematica.
    If you don't have Fabric yet, click here to download it
    It should look something like this:
    upload_2024-1-19_14-36-25.png
    Litematica: Click here and choose the version you need
    Malilib: Click here and choose the version you need
    Fabric Api: Click here and choose the version you need
    Printer: Click here and choose the version you need
    (MAKE SURE THEY'RE FOR FABRIC, NOT FORGE)

Once you have all 4 of these in your mod folder, go ahead and launch minecraft.
    If you don't have any Keybind for the Letter M, click M to open up the Menu which should look like this:
    upload_2024-1-19_14-40-5.png
    "Schematic Placements" is for the Schematics you have loaded, so is "Loaded Schematics", Loaded Schematics is useful for when you have a different type of Schematic file and need it to be for Litematica so you just simply click "Save to file"
    "Load Schematics" explains itself, you load the schematics that you have saved in your schematics folder
    "Area Editor" is used to create your own Schematics, which is pretty simple and easy to get the hang of. When you're at one side of a build at the bottom, click "Move to player" for Corner 1. Then go to the top of the build on the opposite side and click "Move to player" for Corner 2. If you don't have the entire building inside the Schematic, left or right click the |+ -| button to your liking. Then write down what name you want the Schematic to be and click "Set", once you're done click "Save Schematic" and then again on the ride side of the screen.
    upload_2024-1-19_14-44-14.png
    To use the Printer manually/automatically, go back to the normal Menu and click on "Configuration Menu" and then on "Hot Keys". Search for "print" and set them to which Key you would like. Print is for manual printing and togglePrintingMode is for automatic printing.
    upload_2024-1-19_14-50-9.png
    Once you have a Schematic loaded, go to "Schematic Placements" and then "Configure". There you will be able to control the Placement and more.
    upload_2024-1-19_14-55-24.png

Placement means having the Schematic visible (on) or not visible (off). Locked means once locked you will not be able to change the coordinates/move the schematic.
    upload_2024-1-19_14-57-4.png
    Here you can change where you want the schematic to be, left or right click the |+ -| button to move it.
    upload_2024-1-19_15-0-55.png
    Now for the most useful part that most people don't know about.
    Material List and Schematic Verifier (both under the placement origin).
    upload_2024-1-19_15-1-48.png
    Material List is to see all the blocks you need, Schematic Verifier is to find any block you're missing etc.
    For Material List, click "refresh" and load all the chunks then go back to see what you need.
    For Schematic Verifier, click "start verification" and load all the chunks then go back, depending on how much you've built, if you have anything under "Missing Blocks" click on which block you still need to place and look around to see a highlighted box which will light up like this:
    upload_2024-1-19_15-12-49.png

Thank you guys for reading, I hope this is very helpful and if you have any questions please ask.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. xMonster

xMonster Active Member

IGN:
    yapX01
    With Devil's permission, I'm quickly adding that you can also use a stick (or another configurable item) as a control method for selecting areas and/or moving schematics. This could be more or less intuitive to use depending on your preferences.

When holding the stick, this info displays in the bottom left corner. The most important part for general purposes is the 'Mode'. You can change which mode is used using CTRL+ScrlWheel.

[​IMG]

Demonstrating Area Selection, you can use the stick to select a bounding box area using Left-Click & Right-Click to select two points. If this isn't doing anything then you likely have to enable 'Area Selection Mode: Simple' in the Litematica menu. For me this is much more intuitive to use, but use what works for you. You can adjust parameters in the way Devil shows if you need to select in the air, etc.

[​IMG]

Switching to Schematic Placement mode, you can place the currently selected schematic with Left-Click, and to adjust it along any axis, simply look in the direction and ALT+ScrlWheel. Scrolling up will send the schematic away from the direction you face, and vice versa for scrolling down.

[​IMG]

Of course you can also do more things but like, this is 95% of what you need to know.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  3. Narwhal'

Narwhal' Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SonicNarwhal
    We have been needing an updated one, thank you so much Dev and Monster!.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Im_JustMe

Im_JustMe Helper Helper

IGN:
    Im_JustMe
    Let me just safe this post for the future real quick......

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    I couldn't add this anymore but if you want your printing to be faster, go to "Configuration Menu" and then on "Generic" and scroll all the way to the bottom until you see this. I don't recommend using anything under 4 but if you're only using 1 of the same block you can use 4, if you have more than 4 blocks use speed 8, if you have over 6 blocks use speed 10. The higher the number the slower it will be but it's still pretty fast :) So 4-8 are faster and anything after that gets slower.
    upload_2024-1-19_18-39-8.png
    If you would like to build layer by layer, go to configuration menu and then render layers, right click the "Layers" button until it says single layer.
    upload_2024-1-19_19-23-28.png

6. NeoForce0

NeoForce0 Active Member

IGN:
    Neoforce0
    I just found this Litematica thread. The easiest way is to use CurseForge and then with current version download the Litematica and all the files are included and sets itself up. Except I don't remember the printer. I should look for that now too

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    please never use curseforge, use multimc or modrinth if you want a good launcher.

from my experience curseforge has a horrible ui

not easy to view logs either