Economy How is tax calculated?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KhalDrogo, May 9, 2023.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Hi Dexuby

I’m hoping to get a bit more info on how tax is calculated.
    Is it calculated on how many croppers one has total or how many are active?
    Say I have two farms, each with 25 croppers, if both farms are active for the minecraft day I will pay 32%.
    But what happens if I only have one farm active for that day, Do I pay 25% or am I still paying 32% on the revenue of just 25 croppers?

And what happens if my second farm is active for a little while? Say if I have a shop there and someone visits briefly.
    Is the tax charged at 25% or 32% or some value between based on how long the second farm was active?

I ask because I do have a shop at my second farm and if it causing me to pay 32% for income from just 25 croppers then it’s likely not worth having it.
    I guess the same question would apply to anyone who has other methods to entice people to activate a second cropper farm or who may just visit it themselves?

• Like Like x 2
  2. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Ok, so I can now say that you get taxed based on the number of croppers that you own regardless of whether they are active or not.
    I sat at one farm for the 20 minutes, while the other island was locked so I had only 25 croppers active and I paid 32% tax.

upload_2023-5-9_20-10-59.png

So not only are we being taxed on revenue rather than profit, the tax rate is based on 'potential' revenue. Despite the in game message Saying 'Active hoppers'

I will create a suggestion and hope it can be changed.

EDIT: Suggestion posted.
    https://skyblock.net/threads/tax-calculations-to-be-tweaked-please.143370/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
  3. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

Poor small-scale farmers, can you imagine? If they are island hopping a lot they would find themselves losing money instead of making any!

4. woahitsaustin

woahitsaustin Helper Helper

IGN:
    woahitsaustin
    Yeah bumping in hopes of a reply because I want to able to calculate it :p

5. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Right now crop hoppers will only get skipped if they are unloaded and if they haven't earned any money recently. This might get changed in the near future so the loading state gets ignored. You have to elaborate what an active crop hopper is for you. If you have crop hoppers placed at your shop island without any farm present you can simply break them and place them again later once you have one. As mentioned this might change in the future so crop hoppers that don't collect anything won't tax you.

This doesn't really affect small-scale farmers, they actually benefit from those tax changes. Previously you had to pay a fix amount no matter how much money the crop hopper earned per crop hopper, now you have to pay a percentage of the earnings per crop hopper (up to 32%).

• Friendly Friendly x 1