How big is your island.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KhalDrogo, Apr 5, 2020.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo has the max island expansion and today discovered that its not 199 x 199 but actually 200 x 200.
    Kind of annoyed to be honest as Drogo has laid down a pattern across the whole island and planned it for a 199 x 199 island. Now that Drogo is reaching the edges of the Island, he finds that it's out on two edges.
    Going to have to go over existing pattern now.

2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I think it's meant to be 199x? So that the bedrock is in the centre of your island.

3. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

my island is exactly 4 chunks. It is really cute

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    so 32x32?

5. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hey Drogo, the same thing happened to me. I decided to use only the 199x199 space and leave the spare two lines unused

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    It’s also locked 24 hours a day. Although, I did stumble across your alt account’s island while flying around from @Agent’s island the other day.

7. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    That will certainly be easier than redoing things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I have 4 islands.
    • Togpuss- 199x199
    • Skybuy- 99x99
    • TogpussALT- 99x99
    • UnceasingPlague- 199x199

9. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Every island has a designated 200x200 grid space, so every island should theoretically be able to build up to that if they have the max expansion. My island is built out 200x200, and a few of my alts are built out the full 200x200 as well. It does get quite frustrating for symmetry, especially since you can't center a single bedrock block in a 2x2 square that is the true center of your island. I usually just build out the full distance and ignore the lack of perfect symmetry, or I just build a 199x199 around my bedrock and ignore my island borders.

I'm not quite sure why it's advertised as 199x199 when it's been very clearly 200x200. I first noticed this around a year and a half ago when I gained access to /fly. I flew over to my neighbor's island, and noticed his bedrock was exactly 200 blocks away from mine. That seemed strange to me, as 199x199 would mean 198 blocks, not 200.

I proceeded to go quite insane. I world downloaded my island and my neighbors islands, then loaded them up in single player with creative and World Edit. I confirmed that each island has a 200x200 grid designated for it. The bedrock is offset slightly with this, meaning that two ends of your island extend 99 away from bedrock, with the opposite two ends extending 100 blocks away from bedrock. Adding those together, you get the 200x200 design. Your 100 long end will always be connected to the neighbor island's 99 long end, and vice versa. This way there's always exactly 200 blocks between bedrocks.

I haven't tested the non-fully-expanded islands, but I am pretty sure 99x99 and 149x149 are actually what they say they are.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    200x200 :) very lonely at the moment :(

11. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Heh, not to go off-topic but uh... HOW?

12. ElectroTom

ElectroTom Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ElectroTom
    my economy island is 199x199 and goes up to max build limit for height :) my survival island is lacking at 149x149

• Like Like x 1
  13. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I think World Downloaders are technically illegal since I frequently see people get auto-kicked by console for using them, so I won't get into specifics on it.

In short, there are clients you can use to download any chunks you render while you have the downloader enabled. The chunks you download then get saved into a single player world save that you can play on and do whatever with.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. 002

002 Member

IGN:
    Faceboob
    Expanding your islands to 199x199 is awesome, but if Im not wrong if there is a way to gain even more space through buying over your neighbouring islands. It is really hard to achieve that though, as most of your neighbours probably either quit the game or are not selling their islands. :facepalm:
    Cheers! :thumbsup:

15. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Not going to lie, my island is small but mighty. It serves it's purpose very well!