Withdrawn Helper application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Rickrolll, Dec 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    So , I wanted to apply in 2019 , But I changed my mind.

So lets start of by introducing myself, My name is StevaliueGaming or also known as Bart, I don't want to tell my age, But if mods want to know, they can check my DOB, I'm always on the Green-dot on discord, so it's easy to contact me, ( bbgmasterplayer/bart#2007 )

Your in-game name:
    StevaliueGaming (I do not plan changing)
    What time zone are you in?
    Europe

What country do you live in?
    Ireland

What languages do you speak?
    Irish (I'm ok at Irish), English (very good), Polish, (Pretty good)

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes, Very helpful when someone wants to hack your account

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    Yes, I have a screen recorder if something more serious is happening

Why do you think you should become a Helper?
    Because :

Helpful:
    I am helpful and I am very happy to spare my time to someone troubled

Patient:
    I am very patient when dealing with something

Truthful :
    I don't lie to people if they need help, or any other reasons

Kind:
    I would never want to hurt someone's feelings, ever.

I look out at chat very often, and I did see a lot of people by pass , which I did report them.

I also think no staff live in Ireland, which that might also help a bit

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Weekdays : 3-5 Hours a day
    Weekends 4-7 Hours a day
    Holidays : 4-8 Hours a day

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    since 5 months and took no break since

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    No, none of both

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    Yes, but that was not in minecraft, and I also moderate a discord server

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
    Yes

• No Support No Support x 20
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    No support. Haven't seen you in game really (though it might be timezones). And you need to add more to Why do you want to be mod? section.

You also have to be active on discord and forums, as part of the requirement and I haven't seen you on either platforms.

Best of luck man :heart:

3. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    I am active on forums, But I will try being more active on the discord server

4. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    For now, I'm going to say neutral (leaning to no support).

You're very active in game and you're eager to help players in many different situations: I've seen this a lot and it's really good. You're also quite active, but you've said that at times you focus a lot on building and zone out a bit from chat. As a helper, you always have to be engaged and keeping an eye out, so that could be something to work in. On discord, I sometimes see you around everything now and again in the help section but you're not overly active there. Discord is a massive part of the role so being active on there is key. On forums you're decently active, but you've only recently passed the message requirements and I think you need more experience on forums, you seemed unsure of some rules in regards to applying.

As a person, you are quite friendly and approachable, which is always nice as players need to be able to approach you and feel like they can talk to you.

However, your application needs quite a lot of work. In my opinion, it needs a lot more detail, especially in the 'Why do you think you should become a helper?' section - it lacks detail and we need to know why you'd be a good helper. I have no problem with listing traits in application, I did it myself: however, you need to try and include some unique ones, as the ones you've put in your application are quite generic.

I wish you all the best of luck :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  5. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Looking at your application i want to say no support, but looking at you as a player, I stand neutral. An application isnt exactly what would get you a promotion to staff, but shows your dedication towards actually wanting to be a mod. If you want ideas on how to better your application, look at others' in the accepted section or read up on this.

6. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support the way you said
    "So , I wanted to apply in 2019 , But what I have done and saw from the past few days is very bad, I heard people greifing , Seeing illegal trading (I think) And more,"
    makes me think you're thinking you're going to get accepted right away. Staff Members should know it will take time effort and experience

It seems like you didn't take time and effort into your application as its quite short and you just copied and pasted most of the formate and didn't take effort to make it look nice and pleasing

Theres a lot more I could critique you on but I think these are the main things you should work on before I reconsider my decision
    Good Luck :)

7. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I think you need to make your application better it's to small in my opinion

8. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    I will try improve that in the future if I apply

9. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    You need to change that now it makes you seem like you don’t care about your application of you sdp care you should change it and make it better and improve not later

10. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    Is that even allowed
    ?

11. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    What do you think the edit button is for have your read the requirements and how to apply this right here shows how your not ready you need be able to answer your questions independently instead of asking me you could of read through other people’s mod apps and see what they have changed and you can do the same

12. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Since you want to be active on forums, why not be active in-game? No Support.

13. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    He probably can't make it in-game because its more diffucult to get in game and it's not like he brings his computer everywhere he goes. Forums can be accessed anywhere, the same for discord. But for in-game no. It's solely on your computer.

14. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Multiple applications on mobile devices allow access to minecraft servers, usually exclusively the chat.

No support

15. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Yeah, there is Minechat (for Apple) and Pickaxe chat (for Android), but it's for only the chat though. I can understand your point being you could technically access forums on various mobile applications but it isn't going to be a long-term solution as because it's solely on the chat itself, not for physically helping people, if you get what I mean :)

16. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    As I said in your other thread:

The question isn't whether you should "become mod" but rather if you're dedicated enough to spend your time moderating. A lot of people don't get that moderators don't get the time to "play" the game as much as players do. On busy days you're pulled back and forth between players who need your help. On days like that, what you want to build on your island does not matter. You signed up to help players, not for status.

In my opinion, you are still new, you're not very confident in helping players, and you do it to look good in an application you may or not make.

No support. Good luck

17. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Immediate No Support.
    Your application in very short,
    You have not moderated a mc server but I have moderated a discord one too,
    You don't help out very much in chat and other reasons stated above.
    again, no Harsh feelings but no support.
    Good luck! :)

18. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    Look at this, I am very active upload_2018-12-28_18-44-41.png

Lets say 3 days is afking

19. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    I wouldn't consider that active you barely been here for a month and you haven't even know your way around yet. Also statistics sometimes doesn't play in your favor if its not big enough.

20. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I do believe that, I almost always see u online, sometimes ur in a different server then me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.