Inactive Grasss_'s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by TheGrass, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrass

TheGrass Member

Your in-game name:
    Grasss_

What time zone are you in?
    Mdt (Gmt-6)

What country do you live in?
    Canada

What languages do you speak?
    English, French, and a bit of Spanish

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I do: Minecraft Screenshots, Fraps, a phone

Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    Personally, when I'm on, I find that there's never a helper/admin on and would love to help get the extra support certain players need. I love helping others with questions that they might have, and have been familiar with this server and it's in's and out's for over 4 years.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    ~1-2 hours

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    One month since the latest reset and +1 year two resets ago

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    I have been banned in the past for scamming a .net player during a Christmas head event in 2016, I've learnt from my mistakes and everyone involved has moved on.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?
    Other than attempting to help/keep chat clean on my own, no.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Yes

• Neutral Neutral x 7
    • No Support No Support x 4
  2. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

Neutral for now. I will be watching out for you on the server, cya around

3. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Never seen u before in game, forums, or discord.

Neutral simply because youre brand new to me. My opinion is subject to change. Good luck man

4. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    [April 7th] You're still new and I haven't seen you before so I have no clear judgment on you. Therefore, I am neutral for now. But I'll keep an eye out for you. Once I get to know you more and see what you're like, I'll change my mind. Good luck. c:

You can use this to help you write a better application: The Joy of Applying | Skyblock Forums

This question should have more information. Tell us what skills and assets you can add to the staff team. Not only tell us, but show us those skills and assets as well. I assume when you answered this, you mean when you're in-game? Players usually are nice and tend to answer players when they need help. Yes, sometimes there are quiet periods where players are busy or don't talk much. But in general, answering questions isn't really much of an issue or super important necessity. Yes, perhaps the team could use some extra help in-game, but keep in mind, you need to be active in-game, on forums, AND discord. In-game isn't the only place where people need assistance, so make sure not to ignore the other areas. I'll be looking out for you in all areas.
    Moderation experience doesn't have to relate to Minecraft. It can be real life things that tie into the role of being a Minecraft moderator. For example, being a babysitter in real life, having to watch over children, or having communication skills to work out stuff with their parents. It shows how responsible you are for parents to put their kids in your care, and it shows you can listen to each parent's rules and requests, etc. There's a lot of things you can put here.

[April 12th]
    Hi it's me again. It's been almost a week and you haven't been on. I think you should increase your activity and show that you are dedicated.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  5. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral, I haven't seen you on.

6. Micnasr

Micnasr Active Member

IGN:
    Micnasr
    Never seen you in game despite having same timezones but I'll remain neutral, good luck though :)

7. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Agreed^^

You seem nice and like a good person but I haven’t seen u in game or on the forums/discord much, maybe time zones;-,
    Neutral.
    (For now.)

8. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    I don't know who you are

9. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    I've never seen you in game, sorry. Neutral for now, but I will be watching to hopefully see you in game and change to support :)

10. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Your application needs more work. Especially add to the reasons why you should be a moderator, as it is the most important part of your application. Refer to The Joy of Applying | Skyblock Forums for a full guide on how to improve your application.

Besides your application, I have never seen you online. But since I might not be that attentive I'm going for neutral before I can confirm my thoughts.

11. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    No support, but some things to look out for;

You offer little to no information about your qualities, I don't think I've ever seen you in game, as well as any dedication at all. I suggest locking this thread until you understand the rules, what it means to be moderator, and why it's important to understand these things. You seem like a bright new candidate, but with much to learn.

I hope I can see improvement,
    Good luck.
    ~Gal.

12. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    no support because I haven't seen you in game, forums, nor discord. Also you should add more on why you should be a mod :p

13. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    When you first posted this I had never seen you in game before so I decided to wait a little bit and see if I could catch you in game before replying. Since then I have seen you once or twice but I noticed that you're relatively quiet in chat and you don't engage much. To try and improve I think you definitely need to try speaking up in chat, helping out and in general just engage more with players when you're online.

On forums you're not very active at all and before posting this I hadn't seen you around at all. I think a big point to work on is your forums activity. Also your application needs a lot of work. Whilst it's not the deciding factor in getting staff, it shows that you're dedicated and helps people to understand why you're fit the role of helper. Right now, it doesn't look like you have put much effort in and I think you definitely need to spend some time working on your application and why you should become part of the staff team.

Discord is also a big part in moderating the server and I've never seen you on there. It's the place where players go to ask for help and where they can reach you to send you screenshots, etc. I think it's crucial that you spend some time on the discord and get used to using it.

Overall I think there's a lot that you need to work on across all three platforms, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for you.

Best of luck.

14. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Application archived due to inactivity.

The applicant may report this post anytime within the next 90 days to request that the application be reopened. After that time, the applicant will need to create a new application if they still wish to be considered.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.