Accepted [GasCanner] Minor Looting [michael1234] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Gascanner, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gascanner

Gascanner Member

Hello,
    1. Economy
    2. In-game name: Gascanner
    3. Full exact Ban Message: Minor Looting
    4. Did you read the rules ? Yes
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? No Idea
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? Yes
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? No
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? I'm not sure why I was banned, I have never looted anyone. I rarely even go onto other people islands unless to go to their shop or to help them with something. I'm a solo player who just likes the interaction and economy aspects of the server. I don't understand the issue. I'd like to think there is not a single person on Economy who would have anything against me.
    upload_2019-5-13_13-11-51.png

2. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    Michael, for your consideration

3. Gascanner

Gascanner Member

I understand the issue with time zones here, I don't expect any member of staff to be online all day. Can anyone else review?
    I'm interested to see the evidence and find out what is going on. For me its now night and I was hoping to get my daily votes in.

4. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hello GasCanner, I apologize for the delayed response.

According to our logs, you, along with a few other players, stole items from an island under the control of SuperiorPencil, which is an alternate account of rawporkchops. After realizing that some of the items were missing, the player later found out that he had accidentally enabled chests in /settings, while being away for a while, which allowed players to slowly take items from the island over the course of a few months, even without being trusted. Just to make sure that he had not given any of these players permission to take items from the island, I sent him the list of names, and he was able to confirm that none of the players, including yourself, were given permission to take items from the chests.

[​IMG]

If you believe this is a misunderstanding, could you please explain why the logs above show you taking multiple items from the chests in the screenshot?

5. Gascanner

Gascanner Member

I have no clue who this is, They seem like really random items for myself to take and largely hold little value, like a stone axe?

Was this the 10th of March as indicated via the screenshot? 03-10?

The only thing I can think of that far back which is probably when I first started the server. Someone was leaving the game or resetting their island and they opened up the island for people to take stuff, I believe it was my first day on the server because I remember getting a diamond pickaxe from the chest. But what I remember from that was that people where also allowed to break blocks, I remember lots of people farming the large amounts of jungle wood that was placed. But the owner of the island posted it in chat that he had given global permissions for anyone to do this and he did not mind.

There is no way on this earth I would purposely steal items from someone. It would have been with permission.
    Unfortunately since it was so far back I can't say I have a 100% explanation.

With that being said I can't say logs are not true and they are probably alot more accurate than my memory! I am happy to give him what ever it says I took. I understand there is a principal to uphold here but unless there are chat logs also dating that far back, I feel like a 2 day ban for this is quite alot. I play every day at the moment and 1 day of lost play time probably 50 times the money lost in game compared.

I request if you think its fair to reduce the ban to time served? Also with the understanding I will replace everything I said I took In the screenshot?

6. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hello GasCanner, I would really like to apologize for the extremely delayed response; I got home rather late tonight.

As you have been very cooperative throughout this appeal process, and willing to try to come to a peaceful conclusion regarding the situation, I will unban your account for the time being; however, I would like you to also restate all of the rules listed here, in your own words, as it is standard procedure to require players to restate the rules, just to ensure that they are familiar with them and also allow players to ask any questions they may have regarding some of the more confusing rules.

After seeing that another person also created a ban appeal, seemingly just as confused as you were, I believe it may be possible that this player had actually given permission, without remembering it, which would explain the logs as well as the players' confusion regarding this incident. I really would like to apologize for any confusion, and can understand why this situation may be frustrating. Unfortunately, the logs from the island strongly suggested that it had been looted, and when players confirm that they did not give permission for other players to take items, we must take their word unless there is sufficient evidence to suggest that they are mistaken, as the majority of cases involve actual offenses, rather than misunderstandings. For these reasons, I was required to handle this situation as a normal looting case until I was given some sort of explanation as to why it seemed that you had stolen items from another player's island, especially since the player seemed rather frightened over Discord and I do not believe remembered that they may have given permission.

You have been unbanned, as you do not seem to be any sort of threat to the server, and I believe that this was a misunderstanding caused by a player's failure to accurately describe a situation to me; I will also talk with them again to try to clarify the situation. However, with that being said, before closing this appeal, I would still like you to restate the rules, as it can never hurt to refresh yourself, and I would also like you to feel free to ask any clarifying questions you may have.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, as this situation seems to be the result of a misunderstanding and a lack of communication between the player and myself.

7. Gascanner

Gascanner Member

Thanks for the reply and actions.
    I have re-read the rules to recap. For me the only thing I want to say is there are no intentions of rule breaking from myside at any time.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.