GAMER1232012's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by GAMER1232012, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! I've only known you for a few months, but you're just really great. Thanks for everything

2. Fastrayman786

Fastrayman786 Member

Sure I can explain. I am not saying you need 300 post to apply. I am trying to say like when you get 300 post count then I can see from there how you are like and more activity.
    Secondly, I am not saying you only sell and never dare to answer peoples questions, I am only saying that of what I have seen.
    I know I haven't gotten 300 post count but this is about you on this thread not me. I am talking about going to 300 post count which gives you time to do other things e.g. helping, activity or even something about your name as others have suggested.

EDIT:

If you need me to give more advice or explanation, do tell.

3. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    they're useful obviously, but not necessary in a mod app. if thats all that there is in a mod app, ill always be leaning towards no support.

4. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Clearly is the ideal mod^^^

Your reasons for wanting mod are adequate.
    great to have honesty instead of people saying they’ll be on all day!

Now to any stupid comments!
    you clearly have opposing time zones so why do you think you’d see him helping in the first place? Playing the whole ‘no helping card’ is the oldest card in the book and is in no way beneficial to OP. Therefore this portion is completely irrelevant to his chances at mod.
    another irrelevant item. Why? Why does the number of messages matter? As long as OP has the requirement shouldn’t that be adequate? It’s funny because the only ‘real’ place for people to get messages is in the discussion sub forum which honestly doesn’t reflect much in activity. On top of this posts like this mostly encourage a domino effect of post farming. People will believe they have no choice but to spam places. Thus another unnecessary point.

Anyway you have my support OP and good luck!

5. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Support. I have seen you online almost all of the time that I am in game, and you are also very active on the forums. I have worked with you in many situations, and you were always respectful and helpful. You also help in chat quite often and have a lot of experience on this server.

6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Neutral at this time.
    I think you a good applicant. However as you know I am big on discord and forums activity being the ultimate deciding factor. Being in game is easy however the forums and discord can be a visual representation of ones commitment and activity.
    Continue to post, have an opinion etc and continue to talk in the discord when you can to show your dedication to the community. And before long you will likely become more well known, more trusted and good for the role :)

To elaborate on EquineShanghai's point which he could have done a little better, he means that the same format has been used in almost all moderator applications since 2014: partly my fault as I was the one who made a guide on moderator applications that stood behind this format.

Now, I think since we have seen it so much its become stale and it doesn't showcase you. It seems like you are following others rather than creating the app to be your own.
    It is fine to use this format but it might be cool to be different. Dare to be different. Who knows, you could make things more interesting and create a new way of presenting applications.

7. Fastrayman786

Fastrayman786 Member

Again, I didn't say he doesn't help at all. I only said to help more.
    This is relevant as helping is a big part of becoming a moderator.

Like I said, I didn't say you need to have 300 post to apply. I only said when you get 300 post count, then it can show you activity. Also, because it takes maybe months to get this, he/she has time to other things like; suggestions people have said above. Like Krissy said, they can improve their app or become active on discord.
    Thank you cheesy but, a true mod would never spam. :)

8. GAMER1232012

After reading Krissy 's explanation, I understand your point now. I had a bit of an adverse reaction to it at first, but I see now that what you're saying is to be less monotonous. I'll do this. What do you suggest?

I'll be honest here; I got the impression that mod applications had to be done in a certain way and include certain things. I've studied many mod applications in preparation for applying, and I followed the overarching pattern because I saw it as a tried and established way to do things.

Thanks for your feedback and for helping me make a stronger application

9. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

• Comments need to be on-topic and constructive. Please do not start arguments.
    And how do you really know he’s not helping enough?
    excuse me?

10. Fastrayman786

Fastrayman786 Member

I didn't say he is not helping enough. I said he can help even more than enough to show how above and beyond he/she can be.

11. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'll say neutral :)

You're active on forums which is great and I see you on discord quite a lot too. I'd seen you a few times before I had a busy weekend (and couldn't get online) so I'll be looking out for you over the next few days :p

Good luck!

12. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

• Comments need to be on-topic and constructive. Please do not start arguments.
    This is horrible logic. ‘You can always be better’

13. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Neutral, leaning towards support.
    Idk I don’t see anything that jumps out as good or bad really

14. Fastrayman786

Fastrayman786 Member

Changing to support. You are constantly helpful.
    You deal with a lot of situations and you make sure to report inappropriate behaviour. Keep up the good work.

15. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

I do not support you

16. nateasham

nateasham Well-Known Member

Support. Now before it is pointed out YES Gamer1232012 is a part of my shop team and this support is not just blindly given because he is a member. The reasons i support are as follows: He is very helpful in game, our timezones correspond and we are often online at the same time and i see him answering all types of questions and helping people out with getting started and questions about the way the server works. He is very capable of holding multiple private conversations on MC at a time and i think is a great ability needed for helping to moderate a large community in a timely manner.

I myself am not very active on the Skyblock Discord or forums so no comment on those factors.

17. Moist Frapple

Moist Frapple Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MoistFrapple
    You are very helpful in game, dedicated to making skyblock a friendly place and can create/hold conversation very well, definitely one of the better candidates when I look at who has applied. ;)
    Hope you get it.

18. GAMER1232012

Thanks! I appreciate it.

19. GAMER1232012

Is 6 days long enough to warrant a bump?

20. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

Can you back that up with reasons, Gamer is a great person and has potential at being a great mod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.