Forum Appealing For Other Players [Outdated]

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Fun, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Hello, if you ever wish to appeal for someone on the forums, there are a few rules you will need to follow to make sure the appeal is not auto denied.

It has come to my attention that some people are letting other people on their accounts to appeal, and while they appeal, they post and rate things, which they wouldn't be allowed to do if they created an alternate account. This is called a loophole, which will not be tolerated.

As you know, when you appeal for yourself on the forums, you are not allowed ANY contact with anything while the appeal goes on. Once the appeal is resolved, your appeal account gets banned.

We, as a staff team, have decided to come up with a few rules to prevent these loopholes from happening.

If you decided to appeal for a fellow player, please follow these rules or the appeal will be denied.

1) If appealing for a player, do not post outside of the appeal while it is going on.

2) If appealing for a player, do not rate anyone while the appeal is going on.

Pretty much don't do anything except post in the appeal.

Note: This does not go for in-game appeals.

~~~~

Also, a reminder: Do not to let people use your account to post in your appeal, whether it be in-game or on the forums.

Thank you for following the rules :)

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask :heart:

2. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**
    Thanks for telling us!

3. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

Very well stated, thanks for putting this together.

4. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Ah okay, thanks for letting us know.

5. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing this up.
    This applies to Amnesty and Report as well, correct?

6. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Not exactly as you aren't confined while making a report or amnesty :)

7. ozapenguin

ozapenguin Active Member

Thanks for making this clear.

8. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

Why are you even allowed to rate posts to begin with :facepalm:

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Adding.
    If you let someone on your account it is at your own risk. If they break the rules it is your account that is punished, not the persons account who logged into yours. If the person that logs in carries an infraction and they are caught on your account, you will receive the same infraction (same with ban evading on the server). We recommend one person per account and if you want someone to post on your behalf to have them just tell you what they want posted. It is better to create an appeal account over sharing as wrong moves on the shared account will affect both people who use it, not just one.

This is not new information, this is all things that have been expected for a while.

10. blaq

blaq Active Member

^ What fun/Krissy said. Note that rule breaking also applies to the rule about making false/whimsical reports. If the report is deemed to be breaking that rule, then the punishment will be applied to the account that posted the appeal.

11. Stel

Stel Guest

12. Stel

Stel Guest

Staff don't make rules.

13. blaq

blaq Active Member

I'll run this by CypriotMerks later, but for now it stands, regardless of who it's directed at.

14. Peeb

Peeb Member

??????????????????
    You cant set a rule in place without running it by who is in charge first :/

15. blaq

blaq Active Member

Rules don't cover everything. Rules like "use your common sense" exist; it's up to the staff team to interpret these rules when we do our job in keeping the players/staff/forums safe.

16. MrFudgyButtons

MrFudgyButtons Well-Known Member

im not one to be negative... but here is what i thought when reading those rules.[​IMG]
    not that my vote matters, but kind of useless/senseless and now the mods have to put time and attention in to control that (which may not be much, but nonetheless is time that at some point adds up), which is time and attention that can be used in other areas of forums or in game.
    but thats me. maybe its a bigger problem than i notice or can think of :p

on another note, if anyone would like to pm, i have alt i used to unban this, and its still up.

late edit, read my next comment, makes more sense than this

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  17. blaq

blaq Active Member

No rules are perfect. Loopholes will constantly be exploited, and it's our job (as staff) to go "that's BS" and put a stop to that. Otherwise you wind up like the US where everyone exploits loopholes to sue everyone else and get away with anything.

18. Stel

Stel Guest

Firstly, you can't I place rules without the administrator knowing, even temp rules.
    Yet they do when I break a petty unwritten rule.
    Of cause they're not perfect, and no once again, your theory is flawed. Loopholes aren't breaking rules, hence they're loopholes. smh.

Just my opinion.

Tagging roaster. ImBasicallyJesus

19. MrFudgyButtons

MrFudgyButtons Well-Known Member

im tired, i reread and noticed "letting people on their accounts to appeal"
    that i understand.
    wasnt that once bannable, account sharing?
    hard remembering.

if i appeal for someone though, im not gonna comment and rate for them.
    i know that dosent go for everyone, and i wouldnt appeal for people... but still
    for those that do, im sure they dont want to wait days to be able to resume forums stuff.

anyways, i was going from the second half of the message "if you are appealing for someone"
    not "if you are using someones account to appeal"
    topic gets confusing :p

goes from letting people on their accounts, to if your appealing for someone.
    then at the end says, dont let people on your account to post in your appeal.
    by "your" you mean theirs on your(whoever is helping them) behalf? sorry just clearing confusion :)

20. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

This has been a long standing practice by staff to prevent people from getting into trouble when someone uses their account and does something wrong, then their account is banned and they are left with the consequences. It has been around longer than the forum rules thread itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.