/fly island permissions

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by catclaw4335, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catclaw4335

catclaw4335 Active Member

IGN:
    catclaw4335
    I was kind of hesitant to put out this idea for fear that it may sound a bit idiotic, but after having both of my previous suggestions accepted, I decided to give it a try.

Fliers are those who purchased the Skylord rank or the /fly command. I my opinion, flying is great. but in some islands, people prefer if those who could fly stayed in the boundaries given. It's resource and time consuming to cover the sky.

I may be a but too sensitive about this but i find it slightly annoying whenever someone flies over my sugarcane farm or into my trees instead of looking at my shop.

Here I suggest the island setting, "allow fly". It's exactly as it says, while "
    ON" (by default) it will let any of those with the ability to fly fly at will. When turned "OFF", it will force the fliers to explore like those without the ability to fly. In other terms, make them use their legs and not their supernatural ability.

this can possibly be added to the
    /classic server as well

Thank you for listening,
    -Claw

• Neutral Neutral x 7
    • No Support No Support x 6
    • Support Support x 3
  2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support,

I noticed that this isn't a setting yet and this will be useful for parkours.

3. EItan

EItan Member

IGN:
    Eitan3128
    Neutral It Will be good the ingame

4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

No support
    I really don't like the idea of restricting flying on islands. I think its a little too much. There are other measures that can be used when people fly and you don't want them to.

5. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No support.
    What would be the point of /fly if you can't really use it on some of the islands. Sure it might be helpful to prevent cheating when it comes to parkour, etc but you can always boot the cheaters from your island.

6. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    Neutral.
    I have mixed feelings about this, i'm building multiple projects that /fly would ruin the point to, but at the same time it's a payed perk so we should be able to use it anywhere. The only real solution is to /boot anybody who disobeys your islands rules, or to hide things such as farms below the shops so that peepers can't find em.

7. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    This seems like a good idea but /fly is a perk after all. I'm neutral. /jump is restricted because it can be used to pass through walls, unlike fly. If there is somebody flying when u don't want them to, just use /boot to kick them out

8. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

I'm neutral on this as well. It's a bit annoying to have people flying around, but /boot is always an option and I've found that usually, people are respectful about leaving an area if asked.

9. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    As a skylord you get /fly, then permission
    should not be taken away at others island as the wish.
    This is not needed and I honk it would be
    a reck, not just saying because I am a skylord.
    No support.

10. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Your paying to fly, if people disable it then what's the point of buying the rank if you can't use its perks
    No Support

11. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Kinda like I said, same.

12. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    No support. /fly is a paid command and restricting it will not be fair on those who have already purchased it, and would put off new buyers of it (of the command or of the whole skylord rank).

13. Myuh <3

Myuh <3 Active Member

Im sorry but no support. My reasoning is because if people spend their money to get /fly with their ranking they should be able to use it.

14. catclaw4335

IGN:
    catclaw4335
    I figured it would end up as a no. Oh well, better to try than not.

15. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    Neutral,

The idea seems great but the problem is how this can be abused.

Example: Someone trusts a player and tells them to tp in the void, with fly off there is no chance to survive unless you are a skygod+ or have a fast reaction time.

16. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral, I like the idea, as it'll be useful for things such as parkour and experiencing an island how it is intended.

However, the fly perk is granted for use anywhere unless strictly not permitted, I don't see it being right that you can take that away from anyone at any point in time - it's something someone paid for.

17. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    No Support.
    The idea isn’t that all bad if you have parkour or something like that but people buy /fly to be able to fly. Disabling it on a majority islands will just be annoying. People have paid to be able to use this feature and I don’t think it’s right to take it away. This would also put off new buyers who want to buy /fly or Skylord+.

18. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Neutral, Although there are benefits to /fly (on & off) in settings for example parkour and limitations of player at the same time it kind of ruins the fun and player will question why they have /fly when they can't even use it. Although I don't seen /fly to be rule breaking, I think its just a personal problem that should be managed with.

19. catclaw4335

IGN:
    catclaw4335
    ouch.

20. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    I don't think we should restrict the use of /fly, people pay to use it so it wouldn't really be fair to stop them from using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.