Economy Entity pathfinding~

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by vvyovx, Jun 13, 2021.

1. vvyovx

vvyovx Member

IGN:
    vvyovx
    It appears mobs have their pathfinding disabled when they are in the third chunk away from the player. In the final outermost chunks from the player that are loaded, pathfinding is disabled. I believe this is silly as one of the spawning conditions of mobs is that they must be outside of a 24 block sphere from the player.

That means the player must stand in a specific half of their chunk relative to a level spawning area to have no parts of a single target chunk have any disabled mobs or unavailable spawning attempts. Effectively, if you want mobs to spawn and path-find, you must have them spawn strictly in one direction from the player due to their position in the chunk in combination with the spawn deactivation boundary.

I suggest having pathfinding re-enabled in the last 16 chunks surrounding the player. I'm sure this change had a positive effect on the server, but now seeing the more tranquil state of the server's TPS I see no reason to continue with it enabled.

On another note, villager ai resets before they can finish their ai tasks breaking them in the presence of most stimuli as they do not have time to initiate action nodes.

PS: I believe a thread has already addressed the limiting of flight-related augmentations, but it appears the limitations have been re-enabled according to my testing.

Thanks for reading =)
    -vv