NA Emerald_x's Moderator Application [.NET]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Emerald, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald

Introduction
    Hello, if you would like to learn more about me before you read my application you can click here

Your in-game name
    My current in game name is Emerald_x

Which timezone are you in?

EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Which languages do you speak?
    I can speak Fluent English, have a conversation in German with basic and some intermediate words/phrases, basic words in Spanish, and a tad of French. I am starting to learn new languages throughout the course of school.

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes, I do have 2 Factor Authentication for protection purposes.

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?)

Yes, I have been banned, it was for a 10 minute period. This was because my friends kept telling me to change my name to a popular YouTuber, so I did so and I got banned for 10 minutes. I learned from my mistakes since then. This can help me be a stronger a player since when you learn from your mistakes, you get a stronger feeling on counting on yourself. It was also good to learn how ban appeals work and how I can deal with them if I become a moderator. I have also been banned for saying a server name in chat by accident since the server went down and told my friend to go back on. I was banned so I went on the forums to make a ban appeal then checked the rules to see what I have done. I have looked over the rules multiple times now and feel very comfortable about the skyblock forums and in game rules. View page 29 for my other ban, I cannot fit it in here.

Why do you think you should be a mod?
    I think I should be a moderator since I want to help people and make a better community. I answer player's questions, and I would tell new goers some basic tips. If someone is making an illegal trade, I would grab their attention so they would not make the illegal trade and so they can know what the illegal trade is. If someone was selling lava in a bucket I would message the player "Lava Trade is illegal, but you can trade Obsidian instead", but I'm also looking for new and effective ways to help more people and the community that can answer their questions they have. I always feel a speck of happiness in me when I help someone and that's what I always loved about Skyblock, how you can players with their problems. As a moderator, I would take it more seriously and handle the stress as much as I can. Sometimes I see no moderators online to help out and keep the server out of chaos, so I would try to take a stand and fill in their spot to handle everything, and keep it calm. I am also on all day after school starts, and sometimes I can be on the forums during school if we have any time on the computers doing free things, so people can find a better perspective from a new mod and get the help they need. I also firmly believe that the staff team holds the server together like a house made out of bricks sticking firmly together and preventing the server going crazy and getting out of hand. A moderator is a person that is standing up for the server and helps players with their questions or their problems. Moderators are the key to the server, if there were no moderators the server would go crazy. There are some more character traits down below that people said about me.

I know Skyblock.net and the People who Play on it
    Since my experience on Skyblock, I've met lots of friendly and honest people. I'm trying to get to know lots of people so I can make good friends with those players and can recognize that player if they are doing something wrong or something like that. I know all of the trades that are illegal and all the items that are illegal to have. I know some of the price ranges going to Grass, Diamonds, Mob Spawners, etc. Lots of the price ranges have risen since I have been playing on this server. This means that if a player has a question on how much an item costs, I will be able to get the price for them, and narrow it down at the exact price. Also, as a moderator, you need to know all of the rules and how the server runs and this is good since it improves protection on the server, and I already meet this qualification.

Proof
    Proof is a very big part of Skyblock since lots of people do wrong things on the internet. I use Fraps to record valuable trades and if I feel like it's a risky trade, I would record it. I take screenshots of spam, inappropriate things, etc. with the F2 button on my keyboard. I will also ask other players if they have proof, and if they do so they can go to the forums to post the proof and the story behind it. I take screenshots of almost everything on here, for instance, if someone is also being bullied/harassed, verbal abuse, etc. I would take the screenshot to report it to a moderator to handle the situation. I think proof is a very good part since it affects the way we think and see things that are true or not.

How long have you been playing
    I have been playing for about 3 years, and have been playing ever since 2013.

Active
    I am always active on this server, and try to be on when I have free time. Sometimes my WiFi gets limited or something compared to that, but that doesn't stop me from helping others. I would go check the forums for any help then simply explain to them what they did wrong or the answer to their question. I would most likely be on the forums if I am on a trip, vacation, special occasion, etc. instead of in game or not anything at the time. Here are my active hours for both the Forums and Skyblock.net. These hours may always be not correct or accurate since sometimes I can wake up earlier or late, but I can definitely promise to be on the hour after I have said. I will try my best to be active, but I have to put school before this server, so I will try my best to balance out my time both school and the server.

Forums
    Monday - (School) 3:00 P.M. - 10:30 P.M.
    Tuesday - (School) 3:00 P.M. - 10:30 P.M.
    Wednesday - (School) 3:00 P.M - 10:30 P.M.
    Thursday - (School) 3:00 P.M. - 10:30 P.M.
    Friday - (School) 3:00 P.M. - 4:00 A.M

Weekends - 11:00 AM - 4:00 AM
    Holidays - 12:00 PM - 2:00 AM

Server

Monday - (School 3:00 - 4:00, 9-10 P.M.)
    Tuesday - (School 3:00 - 10:30 P.M.)
    Wednesday - (School 3:00 - 10:30 P.M.)
    Thursday - (School 3:00 - 10:30 P.M.)
    Friday - (School 3:00 P.M. - 4:00 A.M)

Weekends - 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
    Holidays - 12:00 PM - 2:00 AM

Fast Typer
    I want to be able to help someone as soon as possible. I've been working on not looking when typing, practicing from home and school and I can type about 80 WPM. This is how I can reach people faster, so if they make an illegal trade I can warn them before something bad happens and so they don't break the rules.

Fast Learner
    I enjoy learning new and challenging new ways to think. I love to learn more about the community and the people on Skyblock. I have learned so many things over the past years and will still enjoy those things. Some things that I have not known, I can pick up quickly and move along with that information solid in my head.

Unbiased
    I am an unbiased person. This means that if my friend was doing something wrong, say like griefing, I would have to punish the player with the right punishment, even if they are my friend or not. This shows that everyone has equal rights and equal decisions. Being a biased person as a moderator is not right since it is unfair to the players who break the rules and get punished, while the moderator's friend breaks the rules and doesn't getting punished. Everyone is not equal, I treat people in a fairly way not equally. (Ex. Saying everyone has to have glasses) so they are equal is not the way to go, being fairly is when everyone has their own choice that seems right to other's and they agree on.

Friendly

I love to meet and see new people walking into the Minecraft door. I love to greet people and take them on a journey that they will never regret. I like to have small talk with players and talk to them about any issues or about how their day is going. I also like to help the new players to teach them how this Skyblock server works and would tell them the most important rules, etc.

Helpful
    One of my favorite things to do on this server is help players with any questions they have or the help that they need. I would answer questions on the forums if someone asks them directly towards me, or asks the community. I often use /msg to help players if they got griefed, scammed, or something like that and would tell them to report it with proof on the forums. With a grief, I would ask them if I can get a moderator to logblock the lost items on their island so the player knows who took it and can get refunded. I do not use global chat anymore since it can spam the chat very easily. In real life I am a helpful person, I like to help out my classmates with some hard problems and I would help my mom do the chores sometimes. I like to answer questions that anyone has and I believe I am a helpful person.

Maturity
    A couple months ago I was a scared, shy, immature kid that did not seem right for this job. Over the past months, I developed my maturity and I am still working on being mature enough to not act immature sometimes. Sometimes every now and then people like to have fun and some of those things involve immaturity, I will have fun sometimes, but will try my best being mature. Maturity is one of the biggest things applying for moderator. The difference is if an immature person was a moderator, they can break the rules by accident or let people slide, or things like that. A mature person would handle things correct and would not argue with others all the time unless it's a debate, they can debate about their opinions. I am still working on my maturity, but I feel like I am almost at the mature level at my age and for this staff position.

Respectful
    I like to hear both sides of a story and respect other people's opinions or what they think. I try not to interrupt someone while they are talking and listen to all their details and their opinion. Respectful is a similar character trait as long as friendly, but being respectful is to make sure everyone has respect for another person.

Patient
    Being patient is a good example of being mature. Many people cannot stand to wait for someone to be back on their computer or to respond to them. I will be able to get back to a person as soon as I can so they don't seem impatient about it. I am also a patient person, if someone is away from their keyboard, I would wait for them to come back on and would wait for any information that is given to me.

Hard Worker

Whenever I am given a task, I take the task the most mature way and do it how I was told. I like to work on projects with others, but I also like to work on things independently. Hard working is a specific trait for a staff member to work for. If a moderator was not a hard worker, they would not get the job right and might lay back most of the times instead of working on their job/quest. I believe I can work hard enough to do tasks that people give me and do them the way I was told, independently or with a partner.

Honest
    To be honest, you always have to tell the truth and tell anyone if you did something wrong. If a moderator was dishonest, they can lie about a scam to get someone off the hook or lie about something, without telling the truth. Honesty tells the truth and does what is right. Lying is not a good thing to do, I believe I am honest enough, to tell the truth, and not lie to other players.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    I have been a Moderator on four different servers that are not that popular. I am an active head moderator on my friend's server that had 400 people on it, but is starting back up again due to maintenance. I am a moderator on a server that I try to handle together too. I am also an administrator on my friend's server that is starting to make its way to rise and be a server shortly. I have other moderator experience, but those servers have shut down from not reaching too many people or financial issues.

Background information

I am 12 Years old going to turn 13 soon. I am in the 7th grade. My nickname in the game and on the forums is Emerald. I like to play basketball and I play for my county and I like to play outside sometimes. In my free time, I like to play Minecraft and play some sports outside. I am also interested in computers (like the programs and the computer parts). I like to build my own computers. I've been playing viola for 3 years. I am very interested in math and Science. Youtube and recording videos are some other things. I like to go online and work with lots of people to try to make their lives easier and to help them out a little bit.

Thank you for reading my Moderator Application
    If you have any feedback, questions, etc. You can comment in the comment section and I will get back to you shortly. :)

• Support Support x 40
    • No Support No Support x 27
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. Archie

Archie Member

Support! Exellent application, here are the reasons.
    Good things:
    ^You are very active, I see you a lot of the time.
    ^You have some moderating experience.
    ^You have some detail.
    ^You are pretty kind in game.
    Bad things:
    • Some layout issues.
    • Need some more detail.
    • You will have to maybe add a tad colour, would make a BIG difference.
    • Maybe a little more information in the "why do you think you should be mod section.
    Overall, Really good app!!!!​

3. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Support, try to be more relaxed though :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2016
  4. 2Spooky4Me

2Spooky4Me Active Member

Support, I guess. Not full but 75%. Add some more details and I will give you 100% :)
    - Nicely written
    - Colourful (maybe too many)
    - You haven't helped a lot in-game, maybe you want to work on that as well. I am new to the forums but not to skyblock (.NET). we probably are in different timezones...

5. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I know gonna fix that now.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  6. 2Spooky4Me

2Spooky4Me Active Member

k good luck

7. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Thanks for The support :)

8. bentener

bentener Well-Known Member

I don't really support this, 15% Support. Reasons...
    -I don't really see you online (i do sometimes)-
    -You made a HUGE drama thing yesterday- As of 4/2/16
    -New to the forums- Get used to the forums a little bit.
    -Your "why do you think you should be mod" section was VERY confusing-
    Good Luck Tho ;)

Cool.gif

9. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    the drama thing was kind of a April Fools joke we did.
    Some people were like what??

10. bentener

bentener Well-Known Member

Lel, Sorry Then Erase That One

11. ReTna_SalTyyy

ReTna_SalTyyy Member

50%
    You are new to forums but I see you active in game.
    Although I see you in game, You dont help.
    Also you can be Spamy and sometimes mean in chat.
    Just become more active on forums and help in server and maybe that will change.
    Good luck

12. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Support!

13. MooMoo__Alex

MooMoo__Alex Member

No support
    I see you on a lot, but you are not as mature as I think a good moderator would be
    Also, I remember, not too long ago, you made a bid deal about how you were "leaving if you didn't get like 500 diamonds in 1 hour" or something stupid like that, and the next day you come back as an upgraded donor.
    Also, I don't like you "for personal reasons"

14. vfhuuuuu

vfhuuuuu Active Member

Great app! Good luck on staff!

15. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    full support :)

16. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Are you rating his app or his ability as staff / in-game activity? Because if you're only rating the app, please remember that anyone call write any in it and be completely different in-game / in real situations.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  17. vfhuuuuu

vfhuuuuu Active Member

I'm talking about both his ability to be staff and his app.

18. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

No support at all.

19. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    That was a Joke :p

20. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    No support. You're immature, spammy and unhelpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.