Declined Dumb rating

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by Porky, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porky

Porky Active Member

hiiii can we have dumb rating on sb because we have it on mineverse thanks !

• No Support No Support x 6
    • Support Support x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

It used to be on here, but was removed for a reason. It was a negative rating. I am not sure of the reason, perhaps some of the old staff know

3. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    no support, it used to be a rating but it was removed for a reason. The dumb rating is not returning.

4. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    You don’t know if it’s not returning or not. :)

neutral for the suggestion. While it may of been removed, I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to have it back and counted as maybe a neutral rating

5. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Its definitely not returning.

6. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    The dumb rating hasn’t seen the light of day in more than half a decade. Yes, I understand it was removed for a reason, but the forums itself and the members using the platform have changed a lot since then. I believe it was initially removed due to dramatic rate abuse- don’t quote me on that.

A dumb rating trial wouldn’t hurt in my opinion, the rating seems to be working fine on the Mineverse forums after all.

Neutral.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  7. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Not a Support for this one, It would lead to drama/abuse like how people use rude ratings, this isn't the only rating suggestion that we got from the past, we had a salt rating suggestion which wasn't great at all either,

I think we have enough ratings as it is.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I think that calling anything dumb is pretty disrespectful.
    Current ratings help us get a proper point across. Calling something/rating someone dumb can be considered very rude and it's unnecessary.

On top of that, anyone can find anything dumb and the rating can be abused and then justified using that argument. Like mentioned above, it will just cause drama and give everyone including staff unnecessary issues to deal with.

No support.

9. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    The dumb rating can honestly be misused a lot and just be used to bully people. People will literally consider anything dumb and try to argue it's not rate abuse. I'm not supporting this suggestion, as well as because of the fact I know I'd have like 8000 of them.

10. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Please don’t call anything certain- especially if you are not apart of the team that makes the decisions :)

11. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Well the staff team had said before it's not coming back.

12. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    I don’t like the idea of bringing the dumb rating back. Chances are, most dumb ratings will just lead to revenge rating and flaming and it’s just frankly disrespectful to genuinely call someone dumb.

13. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hi, unfortunately we will not be bringing back the dumb rating. The staff team do not want it back and we feel like it is unnecessary and causes more problems than solutions it fixes. People will use this as another form of rate abuse and it's generally not very polite to call people dumb. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined. Your suggestion may have not been possible, needed, etc.

This thread has been moved to the Forums Suggestions - Archive. The thread starter may report this post with 90 days if they are dissatisfied with this action, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.