Drogo is seeking clarification on a couple of things.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KhalDrogo, Apr 3, 2021.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Hi all,

Drogo is just wanting to seek the wisdom of the masses regarding a couple of questions so that he might better understand the rules. Drogo thought the answers were fairly clear, but it seems not to be the case.

1. Scripts that automate Minecraft game play, whether written by an individual player or packaged in a hacked client are hacks?

2. Use of such scripts at public warps is against the server rules.
    The answer to this is at the following thread under the heading 'Where you cannot use hacks'
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

• Like Like x 1
  2. mijiperki

mijiperki Well-Known Member

My reply is for the /economy server only and only MY interpretation of the rules:

I agree that the rules in this area need further clarification but /warp shop is still relatively new in the grand scheme of things so this is why there are no official rules for it specifically.

Using bots / hacks to place blocks is and has been completely legal as that is exactly what schematica is and almost everyone has used it at one point or another.

Breaking blocks automatically by bot/script/hack is no longer legal since the official rule change on the use of nuker, all other methods of auto breaking blocks were grouped together and made illegal.

Scripting/botting auto commands is and always has been legal such as people auto advertising and auto selling.

All of these combined would incline that botting warp shop is 100% LEGAL as selling at the sell sign with a bot is a block placing action (legal) not a block breaking action (illegal) and abusing the /back functionality with a script is allowed (legal).

So the only unknown that would change the ruling here is if the current rules of auto placing or automating commands is / is made illegal at warps like you said but only mods+ can confirm that so I too am interested in their official reply.

Also a simple fix to only allow advanced spripters/botters to bypass would be to suggest disabling /back at /warp shop but I personally don't mind people abusing the mechanic because if they are then they must really need the money badly so that's up to someone else if they want to suggest it

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Why do you mention warp shop specifically??, My question relates to public warps generally. Although /warp shop is a public warp. It is certainly not a private warp as there are no private warps.
    The rules relating to the use of hacks at public warps are long standing and that is, that no hacks are allowed there at all.

This is also not simply related to economy as both servers have the same set of rules

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  4. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    I don’t mind the /back mechanic as well as it doesn’t seem like an issue to me. But I’m interested in the same answer as Drogo as auto-bot mechanics with /warp shops feels like something that could be illegal but there isn’t any specified rules about it right now

5. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    /back is perfectly alright as it's not a hack, it's a perk for donors created by the developers.

I would say that being a public warp, all rules specific to public warps apply to warp shop.

6. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Ya exactly. We’re using the functionality we were given as a perk for donating. It’s fine as is. Personally, I wouldn’t even know how to script an auto sell bot but that’s definitely something I think should be clarified for the sake of rules

7. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Commands that are built into the server already are perfectly fine to be used as I have stated to you before. (This includes the SkyBlock Mod)

The element of concern comes up when players use scripts in public warps or on their own island to automate their gameplay. We do not have "minions" for this exact reason.
    We believe that playing the game properly rather than creating a script to do such tasks is a total side track from the servers intentions.

Scripts are not allowed on public warps. We do not want them to be used so you can do things while AFK.
    There are many reasons why the staff believe this is the best decision.
    If you have any problems/quieries feel free to DM me or another staff member.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    ??? Hacks are scripts and many of them ARE allowed on private islands, the server rules states this quite clearly. I'm not sure why you say they are not.

I do agree with you however, that they are not allowed at public warps. The sever rules also state this quite clearly. Your saying this now does contradict what you have told me in conversation so this is quite confusing.

9. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    I've read through our conversation again and you left. I was hoping this could clarify your questions.

I have edited my response regarding island scripts until further discussion has taken place.

In conclusion: Please keep scripts away from public warps but built in server commands are fine.

10. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Your edited post certainly agrees with the rules as I see them and have always claimed them to be, but it still contradicts what you had said to me previously.
    Sorry if this is seems to be personal, but our conversation left me quite confused so I left it in an attempt to get opinion from a broader group. I had no intention of continuing the conversation here.

11. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    I have not said anything contradictory intentionally during our conversation. I apolgoise if this was the case. I was more than welcome to clarify any questions you had in our conversation.
    If you'd like me to reclarify anything please start a new conversation or contact me on Discord and I will be happy to help. As it stands, what was said above matches the server rules and should make sense to everyone.

Thanks.

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Done.

13. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    So the conclusion is, it is illegal to run scripts at public warps and if you do it over a long period of time for large personal gain you will be .............................told not to do it any more.

14. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    Looks like it. I doubt it will be just a stern finger shaking though, especially if you do it on a large scale. The extent likely determines the punishment here

15. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    The case in hand was fairly blatant and prolonged and Drogo doesn't know how hard the finger was shook but that was the extent of it.

16. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Issue was handled.
    Thank you

• Disagree Disagree x 1