[Discord] Music bot

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Krissy, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I remember a while back I read a suggestion to make the music bot accessible to everyone. Back then it seemed like a crazy idea. However now I think with the proper restrictions having a music bot available for player use is a nice idea.

My suggestion is to have a music bot which only social elitists+ can use. This bot can be restricted to only join whatever channels is deemed fine (likely just social elitist and music channels) to avoid trolling.

A good music bot that is used on a lot of servers is Rhythm Rythm - The Best Free Discord Music Bot which has a good dashboard to customize the bot. I have seen music bots like this used on communities with 5000+ players where everyone has access and there isn't much drama so for the active... 10 social elitists i'm sure its perfectly fine.

This gives the active social elitists a chance to host music without needing staff since there aren't many available to play music for the players (I mean really what staff would want to be bugged to play music titles every single time someone wants a song played...).

There is literally no real incentive to level up except for a new colour and embeded links, and the discord needs more fun. Plus I doubt many social elitists would risk their rank to a ban just to abuse the bot.

Just create the channel, set the perms, set the ground rules and it should make for some fun in the discord again.

Pretty Please :heart:

• Support Support x 7
  2. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Support, I think this would be a fun reason to keep levelling up. :)

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Support. As you mentioned in your thread, this would encourage players to try to level up. Honestly, I don't see a problem with adding a music bot that social elitists can control, and this permission can always be removed if things get too out of hand.

4. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Support.
    The discord can get so boring + "playing music" is only for cyp's friends or mods. I think he needs to be changed X;

5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Support - it will encourage people to get to social elitist but maybe we might have to have some restrictions on what’s allowed to be played. There are some inappropriate stuff people can play....

6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

covered :heart:

7. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Whoops my bad! Full support :)

8. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Bump and resupport.
    This needs to be a thing.
    Don’t give up on this Krissy

9. Krissy

Thank you :) let’s hope we can get more things to do on the discord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.