EUR Devan's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Devannn_, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Cringy application, not worth the look :)

• Support Support x 28
    • No Support No Support x 24
    • Neutral Neutral x 8
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  2. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    80%100 support,i dont think i have never seen you ingame...maybe its because we have different timezones but be a little more active on forums!

3. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Ok, if you're online, I can message you so you know that I'm online because I'm always online on both forums and in-game everyday. I will try get my forums activity to go higher! Thank's for the feedback!

4. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

The German and French examples both have bad errors.

5. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    How come?
    Anyway, I won't be doing French or German anymore.

6. Scrutinize

Scrutinize Member

I remember writing a comment here.
    Did you delete it?

7. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

They cannot

8. nyxa

nyxa Experienced Member

No support. You aren't very active and if you aren't doing German or French anymore and you have errors in your current examples I think you should remove that from your application.

9. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Ok. I am trying to get my forums activity to go higher (I was on forums and in-game for around 5 hours yesterday). I have removed my current examples from the application.

I hope, in the future, you do support me.

I cannot delete the comments. And I think you must have forgotten to press 'Post Reply'.
    If you have time, could you please write your comment again?

10. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

First off, I just want to say, sorry. If I've offended you in any way. I don't normally correct moderator applications from the top to bottom specifically, but there was a lot. Of mistakes in this application that really annoyed me. I'm not saying that other people's applications are flawless, but you're application just had more mistakes.

Secondly, no support, you've only been on forums for like 20 days. As a moderator, your moderate both forums and in game. Get used to forums first, I'm pretty sure there are sections in which you don't understand. For example, you are not quoting other member's comments correctly. You click "Reply" next to the post count, and not from the options section. As you're not exactly quoting their comments. So they might not get your tag. Also, I see a lot of grammar, spelling issues in your application. For example:
    To me, that doesn't really make sense. You're basically stating that you have looked at your last applications (I'm not sure if you have made multiple applications before, so correct me if I'm wrong) and the comments. Or do you mean you've taken constructive criticism from your past applications to make this application better? Feel free to correct me aha.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but base off what I've seen on here, forums, and what I've just searched up, GCSE's are for 16+ years old. Unless they're "extremely" gifted in a certain.

That didn't make too much sense to me either, please re-state that. You don't say, "If my end of year target was a D2 (6B), and I was a D1 (6A) at the end of the year..." Maybe you can say "My goal for the end of the academic year was a D2 (6B), and I've achieved a D1 (6a) at the end of this academic year. Which means, that I have passed, my end of year goal, which is excellent." Something like that, idk, it just didn't sound right to me.

Oops, spelling error right there. It's unfortunately, and not whatever you spelt. Also, not doing the language? Or do you mean not studying the languages anymore?

Grammar error once again? You should write "I've looked" instead of I looked, and maybe rephrase that sentence too to something like, "I was looking through the moderator application template, just so I get an idea of what I'm going to be answering while writing my application.

I don't think I need to know, that you didn't know what 2FA meant. As it just shows your weakness (I wouldn't say it's a weakness but I just didn't know which word to use so I'll edit this when the word comes to my mind), it also didn't make much sense. Either rephrase it or remove it, cause the last time I checked the question, it said "Yes/No" and not "How did you figure out what 2FA meant/is."

Yeah.. About that... Maybe you can put it in the "Do you have 2FA enabled" Section?? As to me, it really has nothing to do with "Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)"

Just remove that, you can start you sentence with "One of the main reasons..."

Yeah, remove that too.

Bruh, no offense, but please, just rephrase the whole thing to something like "When players get griefed and is asking for assistance in global chat, I /msg them and assist them by checking if there are any moderators online. And if there are moderators online, I would /msg the moderator for the player who got griefed." Also, take out the "Find out who grief the innocent (as I say)" part. Besides, it doesn't really make sense if you just /tpahere a moderator right? It's not like you're just going to accept a random person's teleport. And what if they have /tptoggle on? How are you going to /tpahere them to you?? So it'd make more sense if you just said you /msged them. As they have /tp themselves and do not need your /tpahere.

No offense, but are you sure? Cause there is actually a lot. Of mistakes on here being corrected by a 12 year old who's fully chinese / asian. And we really don't need to know that it's taken you three weeks to check if every word was spelt right, etc. You haven't even been, on forums for 3 weeks since you posted your application. Tomorrow, would be three weeks for you. lmao.

You have met or you've meet the requirements? Please restate that. For example, "Yes, I do meet the requirements for staff."

Okay okay, let me get this straight, you have a lot more mistakes, in your application, so please re-read it, cause I doubt you actually read it over and over. There are more mistakes that I haven't stated, as I really can't be bothered to quote, bold, italic, make the words red, tell you how to rephrase them, and repeat that process over and over. I have seen you in game a while back, as I don't really log on as much now, I cannot judge your activity. But, I recall not seeing you helping players in chat. So no support. My support status may boost up, but base off what I'm seeing it's not going to boost up until I see actual. Changes. Also, I'm pretty sure we all know what helpful, responsible, honest, truthful, patient, and confidence means. You also stated:
    These definitions you're using, are from the dictionary. Do you not understand what it means? Why can't you state it in your own words? Anyhow, good luck.

11. vfhuuuuu

vfhuuuuu Active Member

90% support. Your app is good, but I don't see you online very much so try to be more active.

12. Skytrade

Skytrade Member

Chicky don't you think thats just a little ott?

13. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Neutral

Get more active helping people on forums and in game.

14. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Thank you for the long feedback, Chicky. I have read your comment and done all the improvement tasks that you've set for me. I haven't been on in a while because of some internet issues. I hope you support me soon.

Thank you for the feedback. The reason that I haven't been on in a while is due to some internet issues. But I will message you if you're online.

Hey SkyTrade!
    It's ok, I like long feedbacks, it let's me know how well I've done in my application and how much I need to improve on.

Ok. Thank you for the feedback. I will be more active now since my internet is now ok.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  15. SBAndroid

SBAndroid Active Member

IGN:
    Android__x
    Epic! Good Luck! I will apply for mod as soon as I reach 50 posts and have been a member for 2 weeks.

16. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Thank you! So... is that 100% support?

17. Wolverine

Wolverine Active Member

No support! You aren't active.

18. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    I think the reason why I haven't been online much being because of internet issues. But now my internet is up running again. I will message you when you're online. I hope you support me soon.

19. SBAndroid

SBAndroid Active Member

IGN:
    Android__x
    I am not really sure, not knowing you too well, but i'd say 95 percent. We need more mods to keep bad people away from this awesome server.

20. Devannn_

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Ok, thanks! Is there anyway on getting that extra 5%?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.