NA Cyk753's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Cyk753, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Should cyk753 be a moderator?

1. Yes!

61.4%
  2. No

17.1%
  3. Maybe

11.4%
  4. I don't know...

4.3%
  5. Can you repeat the question?

5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Now that I know this is real, No support.
    ^^

2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

But this isn’t a joke, you’re applying for a position and making jokes in your application itself, if it was a comment then it would be different, but in the first post...

3. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    lmao
    many people "ran" the economy on classic, and many people have come up with suggestions.
    no ur bad
    just because people have said apply, doesn't mean that is a reason
    -- you also dont get along with most everyone. i for one am one that you don't get along with, and so is many others who have already posted.
    you don't tag mods, it's in the rules
    just because you were a mini mod doesn't mean you know how it is being a mod
    so when is that?? some hours after myrmidous.. when does he log out??
    you don't need to list all those Englishes, just list english.

overall your application seems like a joke to me whether you have or not have said it isn't.

4. Budder2468

Budder2468 Active Member

Hey Cyk, 100% Support.

You’re a really active person and also friendly. You are able to help players out when they cannot afford things etc. (Moderator Material)

Hope you get in :)

Good luck

5. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Thank you all for taking the time to post here. I can see the concerns you feel. I have talked with Krissy, she understands that spawn eggs were in jest. I will not take that part of my application down. That was just one tiny part of my application. My application was made in part to honor another player on this server. I hope to follow his footsteps. I kept my mod app in the spirit of his, perhaps pushed to an extreme. Payment is not the reason why am seeking to be a moderator.

I think it can be a good thing to be light-hearted. I think a lot of misunderstanding comes from being seen as too serious. The whole part of this process is to clear things up, become a transparent public figure. I hope this has helped. Please feel free to post any other worries.

-cyk753

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    When I see Cyk753 Applying for Staff:
    [​IMG]

7. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    Cyk, there should have been a "Hell yeah" poll option. Major support towards the mod position.

8. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    don't make we regret this, seeing as you have changed i will support you

good luck cyk

9. Parrot

Parrot Guest

10. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

• Factual, but unnecessary arguments in an application
    Makes me laugh the lack of sense of humour here.

What a joke.

Yeah but weren't you the reason the BEST staff member was demoted, and many others moderators turned against each other because of your actions. Weren't you the one who leaked staff information to an EX-MOD.

Seems to me you can't take a simple joke. Cyks application is humorous and completely different to all other applicants, which makes it stand out from the others. Her stating that many other people have commented saying she should apply is in fact a good thing, it shows that the community already thinks she has what it takes to fill the position and that the community would love to have her as part of the team.

k thx bye

Support.

11. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Krissy was not demoted by me at all, if anything we were together on a staff member that got us both demoted. Anyways my support status remains the same

12. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Krissy wasn't the BEST mod, but whatever :p Sean is number 1.

13. Nightcat

Nightcat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItsRainbow
    This thread can’t be serious, can it?

14. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Nothing wrong with a positive member of society running for mod.

15. Nightcat

IGN:
    ItsRainbow
    So the request for payment in form of a spawn egg kit is perfectly fine?

16. Cyk753

I already replied to this. Here is a link, or just scroll up.
    /kit spawnegg was the joke

17. Nightcat

IGN:
    ItsRainbow
    Alright, noticed. Most people wouldn’t take the time to dig through this thread to see if you had made a response to it though.

18. Cyk753

If people do not take the time, unfortunately they might miss the chance to get to know me. That would be disheartening. If there is further confusion, I may edit my application. I might have to include a giant asterisk. Thank you for pointing this out.

19. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    Support!
    Every interaction I have had with you has been very positive! You are always very present in chat, and frequently online which I believe will be really beneficial, due to the fact that the server often goes hours without a moderator.
    Best of luck!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  20. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Hi Cyk!

I feel as I should have responded to this some time ago, but my confusion over whether or not it was a joke made me decide to wait a little while.
    Now that I'm sure you're serious: here goes.

This is the part where I would normally pick apart an application for things like formatting and content, but in this case, I think I'll pass. The amount of back and forth over which parts are jokes and which parts aren't lead me to conclude that in this case, it's the player that counts, and quite frankly I won't take the application itself seriously if you aren't either. However, if you want to stop getting constant 'payment????' comments, an easy fix would be just to remove it. I know you said you wouldn't (though I'm not sure why), but if I were you I would be fed up with all the people misunderstanding me by now.

On to the important stuff. I'm pretty sure you were one of the first people I spoke to when I returned to the server in 2017. Given some of the first new people I spoke to were you and Myrm, I was honestly wondering if I had entered the wrong IP: it certainly wasn't the riotous and immature Skyblock I knew. You provide a refreshingly mature perspective for the most part, and your expertise on the classic server helped me a lot while I was getting used to everything that had changed. When I first spoke to you, you were generally quite kind and as far as I can remember, we had a productive and interesting conversation.

For some reason, I occasionally get the impression that you're not a fan of me. I seem to remember that I was having a bad day some months ago and was a bit overwhelmed by chat, and didn't quite meet your expectations in my modding. This isn't hugely important in your application. I wouldn't take it into consideration in my support anyway, as my recollection of events could be biased.

Concerning generic things, you seem active and knowledgeable, and as I mentioned before, helpful. I think you take Skyblock fairly seriously and though this may be considered a flaw in some ways, it also means you'd make a good moderator. Your long history of activity shows that you're remarkably dedicated to the server. I would be delighted to work with you if you were to ever join the team.

Support, if that wasn't clear already.

Fun fact, and I really doubt you'd remember this (I didn't until I looked it up), but when you were a donor50 in 2015 I teleported to you and gave you stuff (probably grass) as part of a random giveaway. It's a small Skyblock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.