NA Cyk753's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Cyk753, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Should cyk753 be a moderator?

1. Yes!

61.4%
  2. No

17.1%
  3. Maybe

11.4%
  4. I don't know...

4.3%
  5. Can you repeat the question?

5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vCommand

vCommand Active Member

Neutral, I see you in game alot but at the same time dont really see you helping at all.

2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Please read other people's opinions before you comment on them, thank you.

3. Megacrusher4200

Megacrusher4200 Well-Known Member

Hello Ms. Cyk. A part of me believes that from your “requirements” you only want to be staff to get things in return. Staff members volunteer their time to help out the server, and I just don’t feel it is right to get items like that.

No offense, but it seems a little odd.

4. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

It was 2, and Boss agreed with me that it was an accident. Not spam.

5. Megacrusher4200

Megacrusher4200 Well-Known Member

James, nobody is perfect, you can’t judge somebody by ONE altercation / mishap. It is repetitive actions that count towards an opinion. Everybody screws up at least one time here.

Give everybody a second chance if it is something that could be a personal opinion.

6. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Again, read my post and the one above. That is not the reason of the no support. Please read before you speak. :L

7. Cyk753

A little hard to help out on the new server since i'm still learning it like everyone else. I was an expert on the old server though. I'll get there with a little more time.

8. Xx_Inferno_

Xx_Inferno_ Member

Support.

Just in the moment of me coming onto forums for the first time in 2018 just to report a exploit, I saw this thread.
    A few notes I would like to address:
    - One of the older players on Skyblock
    - Truly helpful and always charged nothing or little
    - Island wasn't well designed though, but Nightflaime is here to cover that up.
    - Yep, everything in the post was true.

And a few notes I personally wanna say:
    - Never thought you were a nurse in the past! And I never realised that your skin was Joy from Pokémon...
    - You did help me and cover me up a lot, pretty sure I accompanied you from donor 25??? or donor 50??? up until now.
    - Seen your island grow from small to large, while mine on classic still fitting the one of a greenie, while helping out the others as well.
    - I sent out one mod application like when I was a few months into Skyblock, young and immature me got instantly denied. Seeing yours kind of made my standards up.
    - If you are a nurse, I would say a 100% no no to this application. Instead of being a keyboard heroine, helping people with actual health problems would be the better case, and helping out people here would make you relax and things just whatever. However nurse is just a word on your resume now, do whatever you want with your life, get your nurse job from real life, to Skyblock here.

The Skyblock community deserves you.

PS play more healthily, a health care person should care for her own health as well :D

9. Cyk753

You are most kind. Thank you.

10. Myrmwife

Myrmwife Active Member

I think you would be a great mod....I do hope you are promoted...I would love to work with you in game luv. I fully support!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  11. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Total support! Sorry I didnt reply earlier as I thought it was some april fools application. Glad to see ya applying!!

12. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

No support, you already know why

13. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Neutral.

Hi cyk, your mod looks like a resume, which is...uhh...good...? Lol
    I have seen you in game on the old server, but not so much on the new. It might be me as such I am only active three times per week. I haven't talked to you as much so I can't give an accurate opinion, which is mainly the reason why im neutral. I don't see you much on forums nor on discord, considering im on almost everyday on both platforms. But again you are sometimes creating suggestions which I like (gg to you dude xD).

Just be more active in general, and get to know me more (and vice versa). :)

14. Nightflaime

Nightflaime Well-Known Member

Full support from me.

15. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    I highly support this because you are perfect staff material.
    Let's be honest, we expect staff to be helpful. In classic, you ran the cheapest shop on the server. If that doesn't say helpful then I don't know what is.
    We expect staff to be kind. I don't think many people will be able to think of a time when something unkind has come out of your mouth. I can say I have never experienced it!
    I would love to see you on the staff team!
    Good luck!

16. Cyk753

Announcement: Joke's on you guys. This application is real.

To those of you on the fence and to those of you who do not yet know me:

All I have ever done was to push for a better server for all players. I have helped all sorts of minecrafters: players new and old, young and old, non donor and donor, staff and non staff. I have taken time out of my game play to show people how to play minecraft and show them around the server. I love teaching. I ran one of the biggest and one of the most affordable tradeshops on the server for 1.5 years to help out new players. I helped literally hundreds of users. Whether it was starter items, grass, gaming tips, a compliment, I gave aid willingly and joyfully. My goal has always been to make the game experience more fair and enjoyable for all players.

I have only reported trouble makers. I have never tolerated bullying. I've always called out BS from anyone and everyone. I challenged everyone to be a better person.

Have I been firm? Yes. Have I been direct? Yes. Did I make a ton of reports? Yes. Have I been confrontational? Really no.

There is no need to be afraid of me. It is my sole wish to serve the players and SkyBlock in a higher capacity as a staff member. I would love to build and strengthen the already growing moderator team. I have done a lot of good so far. I can still do far more.

I am asking everyone to judge the whole me. Not just small actions or a couple conversations. Judge me against everything I have ever done and everything I stand for. I hope you see that I am a force for good.

And now for some fun stuff:

Favorite Color: Blue!
    Favorite Food: Noodles (macaroni, ramen, pasta, etc. you get the picture)
    Favorite Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Ditto, Lapras, Articuno, and Mew
    Favorite Song: Space Unicorn (this is my ringtone!)

Yes, I am a slightly older female player. (I'm younger than Myrmidous :p)

No, I have never been a guy running around a game in a pink dress. (really guys, really?!)

So... any questions, concerns, comments, worries, hopes, dreams, thoughts, feelings, or reactions? Feel free to message me on Discord. cyk753 #8526

17. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Since this is real then I can give my honest feedback.

Let’s start with the above and point out no staff is paid or will be paid anything for their service. Requesting this puts across a message that you want rewards for your service, even when countless mods over the years have volunteered their time and the reward was helping others and being staff.

But throughout your attitude seems like you think your service is special and it will do so much good for the team, but not in a humble way... as if you think that you are better than staff. Obviously a staff’s service is important but not enough to say that it necessarily will change the team or improve things. Wait until it happens.

In this case I cannot say that you understand what you will need to sacrafice to be staff, nor do I think you can conform to the ideals and guidelines due to seeing how you critique staff for doing what they have been told to do.

I did see how you talked about myself and other staff when we didn’t do what you expected and it made us not happy to work with you; it was not a positive experience. Your mini-modding was welcomed but the actions we took always seemed scrutinised unnecessarily. If your expections are so high then nothing the staff do will be enough and thus to be a staff members where you work within a team you need to be more understanding and lower those expectations.

Forums activity and more community engagement are essential to being a better staff member and applicant.

Tagging staff in applications is also a no no as per this thread
    RULES - Rules in this section - Read before posting | Skyblock Forums

As much as I want to support you for staff, I just don’t like the way you applied and the attitude that’s coming across. If some things change then I will certainly revoke my feedback for something more positive. I know you can make a good staff if you can relax and show you are more understanding of the staff.

18. vCommand

vCommand Active Member

I'm going to change to support for now. It just seems like you really care and tbh I've never had a problem with you at all.

19. Cyk753

How do you still not get that my outrageous salary was there to be funny? Do you still not know me after all this time? In all the time I helped out the players, did I ever ask for payment from them? Didn't I donate to moderators to help refund those who were scammed? Did I ever say I was better than anyone? All I did was try to encourage an elevated standard of behavior because I knew this place could be better. I know the culture of this server become more open and friendly and less toxic. Let's keep moving forward.

20. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Yes but wasn't Krissy there for around 4 years, guided the whole staff team until she left the team, provided items for the moderator vault to provide players, and yet she didn't get any payment and did not ask for payment.

Asking for payment makes you look greedy and I've never seen someone ask for it. It was your decision to donate to the moderators, you do not earn the payment. If anything older moderators and administrators would deserve the payment if there was one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.