Accepted [Cyk] Rifnos Appeal [Griefing][Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Rifnos, May 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    1. Your banned account name: Rifnos
    2. Platform you were banned on: .NET
    3. Ban message/reason: Creating a flying machine and griefing someones island.
    4. Have you read the rules? Yes, though I was unaware that flying machines could pass the island border and that they wern't allowed.
    5. Do you think this ban was incorrect? No, I dented someones island and therefore it is considered griefing.
    6. Please list any other times you have been banned on any of our platforms: I was banned for hating on a mod, flaming, a reban, a misban for accidental bedrock trade, griefing when my account was hacked, misidentified for a ban by cypriot, and tempbanned once for a DDos Threat (These were all 4+ Years ago)
    7. Why would you like to be unbanned?
    8. I want to mainly be unbanned now because of my busy schedule. It didn't take long at all to realize I screwed up when I made the flying machine, but unfortunately a SMod didn't get on until after there was collateral damage. I work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and have extracurricular activities on Tuesday and Thursday (I do Karate). I don't find myself with a lot of time on my hands, and since I usually sleep in the mornings and take a nap in the afternoon (I get really tired), I hardly play all day. The most time I get is during the weekends but I won't be able to play tomorrow because of this ban. Now obviously this isn't any reason alone to be unbanned. In the first place I was clueless of the repercussions of my actions when i started the machine. For one I had no clue it would actually damage islands (I thought i would just stop, only later did i consider otherwise), Also I had never built one of these before, i watched a google tutorial not 30 minutes ago. Lastly I did express concern about being banned prior to the ship hitting the place (About 10 minutes prior) And made a mod basically aware of the incident (Despite him surprising me when I mentioned it in chat, I realized i screwed up when he tped) I think the main reason I should be unbanned is because there is no main rule saying I can't make a flying machine. The fact that I wasnt aware that it would pass island borders (as Skyblock has many advanced plugins) makes it kind of unfair as once it crossed I couldnt stop it (and since my island is circular I didnt know when to try and stop it once it crossed) I get it if you guys want to keep me banned for 3 days, but I really enjoy the weekends and would hate to lose out on half of it because of this crappy incident.
    9. How will you prevent yourself from being banned again?
    10. By definetly not making any more flying machines, now that I know they aren't allowed on the server I wont make another one again.
    11. If you know, tag the member of staff that banned you:
    12. Cyk753
    13. Do you understand and accept our rules?
    14. Yes

2. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Hey there. As I explained in game, fly machines were not allowed on the /classic server back when it was the main server because people used it to bypass locked islands as well as purposely grief other islands. A couple other reasons also contributed to flying machines not being allowed. I think you were understanding of that in game when we spoke though.

I did let the server owner and the developers know that the flying machine went beyond island borders so they will look into it.

I know it's exciting to try out a new minecraft build, but we have to be mindful and be fair for other players on the server. Definitely do ask a staff member first if something is ok or not. As long as you agree to ask first from now on, I am willing to let you in the game early by a day.

3. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    I will, and that sounds fair, thank you.

4. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.