[CST] iGlitcher’s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Rifnos, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    This isn't a response to iGlitcher's application as I don't have the time, however your input was irrelevant. 'No staff applicant should publicly post they hate this' & the bucket thing, w.. what? You are aware of what humour is.. right? Don't be pedantic with small things because you want to reply to an application just to up your activity, if you're going to reply, actually input relevant and helpful information/advice.

2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    What I'm saying is there's a time and place to joke about certain things. I don't think publicly joking about selling buckets or whatever in chat is the right place and especially when your applying to become a staff member.
    The thing about saying how you hate 2fa; every staff member finds it annoying or dislikes it, I just don't think chat is the right place to say how much you hate it.

I'm not trying to up my activity, yes these are minor things but if someone believed iglitcher about the bucket's and they traded buckets or island farmed that's not minor, considering iglitcher is running for the staff position people might look up to iglitcher as a leader or someone they can trust because their running for the helper

To me I just don't find the humor in something that can lead to someone being banned for trading buckets or island farming just because someone said they do it in chat even though they're joking, some players might not get that.

3. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    No Support,

This application that you made doesn't represent you well and thus you fail at various points. You speaks of stories that have no relation to the question being asked of on the staff applications. Your application seem very generic like it can be found as a template on the internet somewhere. And the main point that stands our to me is that in your conclusion and your application overall you talk as if "cool if i get it, if not it doesn't matter" that really conflicts me as why waste the time in applying if you aren't serious.

In conclusion I think applicants who are applying needs to take it seriously, yes this is a game but just because it a game doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously. The qualities and goals of being a staff members is to be a role model to set an example, to help the server grow, and utter commitment.

4. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    Alright Back on topic
    Thanks for stepping in
    I get how you feel and really think the story plays a part in my application. As I said before I've done many things to prove that i'm not capable of being moderator. That's is why the story is there. To prove a point.

5. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    No offense but pointing out everything youve done wrong is not exactly the greatest thing you can do. Fixing your mistakes and proving it with your actions is the way to go in my opinion. But when you say yourself that you've done some questionable things that make you unfit for a staff position shows me that you don't believe in yourself nor your ability to fufill the responsibilities you wish to take. That's a major concern I have in regards to you being a candidate for a staff position and I feel it's necessary enough for you to understand how I and others percieve it. Once again good luck and try to focus on the present.

6. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    No matter what I say Crew and the staff managers know the stuff I've done on this server so lying will only make me look worse. You can have your own opinion, but I feel like owning up the my failures and starting over is the best way for me to be me. Thanks for the advice :)

7. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    There are things to do other than lie. Theres also such a thing as too much information. Try to redact things that are harmful to you and maybe include other things that qualify as being useful to your application status.

8. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    My final words to you is please close this thread and reconsider again, clearly you have missed the points that many people have pointed out and you continuously keep doing this and it leaves me asking you what is your goal of making this staff application for you? Because I really want to know your intentions at this point.

9. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    I would but I can't quit. I already stated in my application why I want staff. Even if my chances are one to a million I'm still going to leave it open.

10. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    You haven't taken none of mine or other people's advise into consideration
    You continue to be immature
    you locked your mind into just wanting to become a staff member that you completely ignore the time and effort it takes to put into becoming a staff member I agree with benny you need to take some time before you seriously apply
    maybe your intensions aren't so clear or don't make sense if you explain more about it, it can clear things up

Attached Files:

11. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    I'm not going to start a flame war. Saying Hell no is in no way immature. I'm going to keep this application open whether you like it or not. I'll remove the story portion of my application due to multiple complaints.

Also I have taken several people's advice. Try clicking the quote button above each persons response on the first page. Not only that but I'm willing to put in the time needed to work my way to being trusted, as stated in my app. Did you not read it?

12. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

I can see that you are very passionate about this. I am heartened to know that you are willing to fight for a staff position. By fight I mean you want to put the time and effort in.

My advice to you is to show, not tell. Learn our new server's commands. We have a lot of them. You can brush up by reading the change logs. And then help people out in game. Pay especially close attention to newer players.

Keep an eye on things in game and submit a report if you know a rule is being broken or just help make a report for another player who is not familiar with our website.

Also be active on the forums. Especially the help thread. If you don't know the answer, just wait until you are confident enough to share a thought.

Give it time and you will prove to yourself and everyone else what kind of person you are.

13. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Just reading all your replies makes me wonder whether your application would be even looked at, if I have to be honest man.

I should have asked this earlier and I don't intend to invade your privacy, but how old are you? Cause I really recommend that you should wait after a good long period, clearly you don't know how to handle real life situations. Real life situations can be presented when you're a moderator and it's important to be old enough to have real life experiences so you know and will have a more in-depth knowledge of the situation.

Secondly, I really think you should stick around the community more, read all the archived ban appeals so you know how a mod is supposed to handle a player and that too observe the people who do file an appeal. I was able to chat with you in game for the 1st or 2nd time idk exactly and you seem like a cool guy to be. I really want you to get to know the community more so you can get experience--forums and in game.

14. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    They said they are 16, although it is irrelevant to the application itself. As you now, Archer, it's been proven by many ex and current moderators that age does not really play a vital role in maturity.

15. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    hey uhh my personal advice is to maybe tone the vigilance down a tad i completely get your trying to make a statement but to some people it may come off rude
    damn son chill out i wouldnt exactly say that he is immature not as much as i seen other applicants at least but like chill out also like hell no is by no means immature it is merely expressing emotion into the simple word no

switching to neutral im seeing improvement in your activity

16. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.