Implemented Create more incentives for voting all month

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Super_Dave1236, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Dave1236

Super_Dave1236 Active Member

Let me first say that the $25 gift cards for the top 10 voters of the month is great and should not be changed. Also, the daily rewards of 1 grass, 1 key, and a chance to be lucky is also great and shouldn't be changed!

I think there is room for improvement in how loyal voters are acknowledged at the end of the month. If you're not in the top 10, you're in the same boat as the rest whether they voted 1 time or almost every time. This is especially true for players that might actually submit the same number of votes as the top 10 players, but just couldn't get it done fast enough when the vote sites rolled over to the next voting period. I suspect many players lose interest in voting once they realize early in the month that they cannot achieve the top 10 reward, so they give up trying. This negatively affects the number of votes and thus the all important ranking of skyblock.net on the server lists.

I propose some sort of in-game reward for players who achieve a very high number of votes for the month but didn't make the top 10, such as some diamonds, some extra grass, a rare key, some iron, or something else that is of some value but would not effect the economy much or server donations.

For example in a 30 day month: All players who did not make the top 10, but did get 87-90 of the possible votes would receive an in-game reward of items of enough value to make it worth the effort of voting a ton all month. Additionally, all players that that got, say, 84-87 of the possible votes could also get something in-game of less value than the 87-90 crowd.

I think the effect of this expanded reward system would keep more players motivated to continue voting all month even if they knew they would not make the top 10. It would be a nice consolation prize for those that were really close, but just didn't quite make it!

• Support Support x 24
  2. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Support.

I am annoyed when I vote 3 times every month, and I don't get on the top 10, either because some votes didn't register, or maybe because I didn't vote in time because I was busy. Also, the time the votes are reset isn't consistent. Not to me tion that people may live in timezones where the voting sites reset a day in the middle of the night, negatively impacting those players unfairly.

I believe the addition of other rewards for players who almost made it would benefit players positively.

3. HuskyKiing

HuskyKiing Member

IGN:
    HuskyKiing
    Support. I live in a fairly late timezone, and by the time I vote, people from earlier timezones have already gotten top 10.

4. Super_Dave1236

Super_Dave1236 Active Member

Yes! These are exactly the kinds of issues I had in mind with this suggestion.

5. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    exactly my problem. support

6. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. It's a little tricky to vote at the end of the month (for me) because votes reset before I could vote therefore I couldn't make it to the top 10 twice because of this issue so having some rewards for the people who are close to the top 10 would be nice.

7. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Support! It's also really annoying when you vote everyday but sometimes it isn't counted, eliminating you from the top ten, so having this would be helpful and a nice change

8. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I’m actually pretty surprised that no one has suggested this before actually, full support. This is an amazing idea, and can keep people motivated. Not only would this boost Skyblock’s vote rating and attract more players, but it will also help the economy for other players. Absolutely fantastic idea, maybe it could be a few diamonds or something? :)

9. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Support, I love this idea and it would help the server in so many ways! :)

10. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Support. This makes so much sense, and will help to make those who missed out on topvotes feel their time was worthwhile.

11. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Full support, I actually decided not to take part in the topvoters race because my timezone is too inconvenient. If we had a better reason to keep voting, I'd really love it. Great idea. :)

12. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    This is great!! Especially since not always all votes come through, some sort of reward would be nice so that its not all been for nothing!

13. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Seems fair and nice.
    Support.

14. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support,

I once got 30 votes in the past, and I missed 1 vote : (

15. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Support!
    I’m surprised this hasn’t been suggested before. I’ve noticed a lot of players complaining about how they voted around 90 times but didn’t get in the top 10. This will potentially solve those complaints. Boosting Skyblock’s vote rating and helping the economy for players is, for sure, beneficial.

I agree with Laini here.

16. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Support! Honestly I don't get how people get to top ten like its near impossible

If we can create rewards for people who do vote for the server often then it would motivate others to do the same :D

17. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Support! this would not only motivate me to vote more but make the playing experience even better :D

18. WotzWotz

WotzWotz Active Member

IGN:
    Henry6927
    Full support, This would make everyone not only want to vote more, but also make them more active I think

19. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    qoiwuiyeutyrqtw why isnt this suggestion accepted already
    vote sites are bugged and prevent you from voting sometimes and this is really unfair for those who vote everyday but dont get on top 10 because their votes refused to register

20. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    We need this! This will encourage more people to vote for the server, and which from my understanding does help the server financially speaking. So more votes=more money for the server :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.