Withdrawn Craney100's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Craney100, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasagna

lasagna Member

I do not support, on similar lines as aj.obj. From my personal experience I have not seen you, Craney, be helpful to me or others although as aj.obj humorously noted it does pick up when staff is on. It just does not feel genuine to me, and I talk in chat constantly when I am on so I have a pretty good idea of who goes when n00bs (sorry) ask for help and who does not. Both showing up to their island (to place water for example because their water froze), answering questions in chat, etc. I know that you have been playing for a while, so you may be tired of answering " why can't I sell dirt", "where do I open voter keys", "how do I sell stuff" and so on but helping newer players is probably the easiest way to give back and help the community. Maybe aj.obj and I are wrong and your kindness when mods are on is genuine, but completely filling /ah with flyers for your shop or dumping craney for mod maparts certainly does not make me support the cause. Cheers, and may the best man win :D

2. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    I don’t know either of your IGN’s but I’ll certainly look out for you - maybe we are in different time zones. Personally, I am constantly striving to be the best I can be and I think that I help as much as I can - my urge to help new players is genuine.
    Maybe if you’ve seen me afk, it’s due to time zones and such, as I do mention in my application, I’m a college student who completes work during the day - so understandably I do have to take breaks throughout my gameplay.
    Thank you.

3. shar

shar fallin

Definite support. I saw you had applied a few weeks or maybe even over a month ago, and I didn’t give any feedback as I hadn’t seen you online so I thought to look out for you. Extremely active in game, on forums and discord. Honestly such a lovely person and always willing to help anyone in need of it. Often see you on skyblock even though that isn’t where you usually play, and you do offer help to people there as well. Whenever I pop over to economy you’re always so welcoming & always helping people out in chat. You come across as an extremely mature person & alongside this you have had 8 years of experience with the server. I think you’d make a great addition to the staff team :)
    Best of luck craney! :heart:

4. aj.obj

aj.obj New Member

Our timezone are slightly different, but not on a black and white spectrum. You've yet to address my confusion on what quality makes you separable from other players. All of my messages don't contain hate, so I hope that thought crosses your mind, as well as lucifers mind. I too am a full time college student, I know how hard that work can be, but that doesn't seem to be any sort of major hindering factor based on your in game activity and what's listed in your application.

My point (while I know multiple people will disagree) is that there aren't many problems on eco that require an extra staff member. Yes, it would be cool to have an extra helper, but it's not needed to this extent. For whatever reason, I'm seeing agent and geo play eco more consistently and any problems that occur when they're offline, or bdark, gets fixed with a simple report and within 2 minutes the problem is gone. So again, I ask what factors would make you different and special.

Piggybacking on what lasagna said, telling people to buy paper from you named 'BUY CRANEYS MAPART' and filling up 2 pages on the auction house, as well as going around dropping 'Craney 4 Mod' maparts are really quite annoying. It's cool that you want helper and all, but I didn't see bdark advertising ANYTHING, just minding his own business, and I think that touches on what honeeyPot previously said about his neutral demeanor. Those two things don't meet the maturity levels for me. Sorry, gl

5. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Please remember to keep posts limited to providing support and constructive criticism. Any flaming or thread hijacking will be removed! All posts must be respectful and not be made with the intent of attacking another player for a pre-existing disagreement.

6. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hey!
    So due to the current Covid-19 situation, I'm attending College on an online basis, often I'm on Minecraft with video calls etc open, I make this clear to people in chat and sometimes I'm AFK when I really need to focus on an essay/exam. As I'm sure you'll understand, I prioritise my Education over Minecraft.

My qualities that make me stand out are all spoken about within my application, however I'd be more than happy to have a conversation with you in DM's or Discord Messages. Me and Bdark are two seperate timezones, and Eco would really benefit from a UK Staff Member to be around whilst others are not to handle any situations quickly. There are countless amounts of times where a staff member isn't around to deal with an Eco situation when I'm online.

Skyblock is a game to be enjoyed, and the antics such as people /ah sell'ing my pieces of paper they bought from me is all part of the fun. It was harmless, amusing and was gone within hours. I always like to have fun on the server and what we've all got to realise is that this is a game, we are allowed to have fun, just because I'm running for Helper it does not mean that we can't have laughs!

That map art was made by a good friend, and have been given to close friends, anyone dropping map arts is out of my control and totally down to them. I hope you can realise that I am a mature player, as multiple others have supported and stated that themselves.

If there is anything further that you need me to touch on feel free to drop me a Discord Message @ Craney#5010, a private message via the forums or a /msg in game!

Thank you

7. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

This is more of a general response. I think eco or not, more staff seem to be needed regardless. Anyone is free to apply. There is an application section for a reason. In my timezone, there are barely any staff when I play. Right now, there's no staff online. I disagree with your point. That shouldn't be a point to state under staff applications. Eco has a fair share of issues, and whilst there are staff that do come on more lately, they may be in different timezones and they may come on at different times.

8. mummywummy

mummywummy Member

You seem like a nice, balanced person from your forum postings. Good that you are in the UK, and having more staff is always helpful. I certainly support you.

9. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    Tired of seeing rudeness from others here. Somethings up with two people having their first messages here and them both being critical, but that doesn’t affect your app. Good luck bro and I hope to see you promoted soon!

10. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thanks Mummywummy!

Thanks Archie, the support is appreciated!

11. Valeane

Valeane Member

IGN:
    Valeane
    Support. I haven't been on the server for a long time, but I can definitely see you as staffmember! You are online around the same times as I am, and I have seen you help everyone quite a lot! As far as I've seen, you handle things in a mature and calm way and that's very important as a staffmember. Even tho there has been more staff coming to eco lately, you are definitely online at times I don't really see much staff (early mornings/noon here). Good luck!

12. lasagna

lasagna Member

I’m not sure how to reply to someone, but this is for Archie.

I understand the suspicion because I just made my new account on forums (specifically to vote on eco mods since someone mentioned that you can do that in chat). However, “tired of critical comments” and “rude” is a little ridiculous to me. There is a not support option for a reason and everyone is entitled to their opinion; I do not believe mine was rude, just pragmatic from my perspective and experience. Remember: I am not saying Craney is a bad person, just that I do not personally think he is suited to be a moderator (not many people are!).

The fact the you disagree with me does not make it rude and on any application or voting process there will be, and more importantly, should be critical responses. It is the community’s duty to safeguard these positions as anything less would be disrespecting the importance of the position and frankly this democratic process. I am glad that skyblock offers a way to vet and choose moderators like this and should hope that everyone’s opinion is respected and heard.

Cheers!

13. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thanks Jenny, that means a lot! It’s been lovely getting to know you on the server :heart:

as Bdark stated above this is not a place to have an argument;
    If you need to talk any further then drop me or Archie a private message.

14. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    Well said; it’s a matter of opinion. I understand you and accept that it’s just your personal experience with Craney and just because I don’t agree it doesn’t mean it’s suspicious. Sorry I went hard earlier and I’m impressed by your reply.

15. x4000

x4000 New Member

The impression you have given me, personally, is not optimal. We have not spoken however your vision seems to be very narrow in the sense that you do not converse or open your services to the users other than the ones you need to please to obtain a position of power. I have experienced plenty of situations where you players have come online and expressed their detest for you/your actions and I believe this can’t be for no reason at all. Something must be wrong here.

16. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hi x400,
    I’m sorry that you feel that way about me.
    I open my services and help everyone I can, and I am in no way, shape or form pleasing others that are in a position of power, I don’t know where you get that impression from.
    Obviously, there will be players who dislike me throughout my journey, but you shouldn’t let them people sway your opinions. If someone has been expressing their detest for me in global chat then they can be reported to staff instead of changing your opinion.
    I hope you understand what I’ve said and form an opinion for yourself on me, I’ll look out for you in game.

17. Livesomniac

Livesomniac Member

Support 100% I am a fairly new player to SkyBlock and I play mostly on Economy. From my very 1st day, Craney was one to help me. He has answered questions regarding anything from gameplay to the rules to suggestions regarding making money. He has never gotten irritated with my 101 questions and any time he is on and I ask him some advice, he is quick to respond. Now, I know I haven't played for long, but from what I have seen in-game and on discord, he helps anybody that asks. His replies are informative and mature. I "lurk" a lot and I watch chat a lot, mostly because I am working on my island and I get bored, so I watch chat to keep my sanity lol. I have seen countless times where Craney has helped others or informed new players if what they are doing or saying is against the rules, but he does so in a calm and mature way. In my opinion, he would be a great addition to the staff team!

18. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Craney support you arre helpful in chat i feel several people talking here dont quite understand a staff mambers job. Staff while often helpful are not realy the poeple to replace water that is generaly random other players or at least thats who helped me. Staff are realy for bigger issues and making sure the rules are upheld as well as doing some helping. To be very honest they are not enought staff to replace every water bucket.

19. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thanks Liam :heart:

Thank you so much Live! I’m so glad I’ve been able to help you out < 3
    Thanks Ursus!
    Thank you so much Cwes!

20. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Re-support for craney! I mean, he is a discord moderator now, so I’m sure he will be able to moderate the other platforms well too ;)

I await your dark blue name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.