Withdrawn Craney100's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Craney100, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thanks Boba :heart:

Thanks Archie!

2. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Craney doesn't want to bump it himself, so I'll do it for him :)

Good luck craney!

3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Re-supporting Craney! The most amazing person ever and will be an amazing helper. :heart: ILY!

4. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thanks Dingle

Thank you Boba!

In all seriousness, the amount of love and support I’ve received on my application has really touched me and it’s made me really appreciate the community more than I already did!❤️

5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Haven't really had the time to craft a comment here, so here's a long overdue one.
    I knew you roughly from the economy server and you would always be online the same time as myself, as of course we are in the same time zone, but I wasn't really friends with you (sorry) until the last few weeks. Before this I noticed that you were putting in time, effort and care in to the server by helping out others, and you were heavily invested in the community. I have no complaints about your application, it is presented and written very well and carefully, and I like that you have gone for the monochrome feel - it's not always necessary to add colour! It would also be great if we could have an extra staff member who's work balance is heavier on the economy server. I only got the pleasure of getting to know you recently, and you have been very approachable, friendly and in general a great person to be around.

Best of luck Craney! :thumbsup:

6. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I want to see you on Sb skyblock more :)

7. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I think Craney is going to mainly be an Eco helper. We need Eco focus. :D

8. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Not to sound rude or anything Splat, but Craney has stated that he is a economy player, economy needs more staff which actually play there. Bdark is the only staff member who is based on economy and he alone cannot cover all the timezones. Having another economy based staff member (who Is a different timezone to Bdark) would be beneficial. Sure, Craney pops over to /skyblock (usually when you are not online) but he does not stay over there and that is ok. Not every staff member needs to be a /skyblock player or stay on there. It is to my understanding that Bdark did not go over there (at least for extended periods of time) before he got promoted. Thus, I do not believe that he needs to seen on /skyblock anymore then he already is. :):tongueclosed::smilingimp:

9. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I See, thanks for the info :)

10. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thank you Jamesy Boi☺️

As stated above, I am mainly an Economy player - I often pop over to Survival but it is to my understanding that we are in different time zones, and therefore you may not have seen me! (Although I do remember you briefly messaging me the other week asking whether I was playing there more, to which I said yes). However, in all seriousness I am trying but economy is my preferred sister server of the two! :)

11. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Support even more deserved, you where professional and kind towards another player when helping even when that player has not been the kindest toward you recently. Keep up the good work! :smilingimp::tonguewink:

12. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Re-Support for Craney! He is friendly, helpful, kind, and mature. He would be a perfect addition to the staff team!

13. ___Kami___

___Kami___ Member

IGN:
    ___Kami___
    I've been playing on the server for about 2 months and from everything that I have witnessed from Craney100, they would not be a good fit for the staff on the economy server. No support, it seems like you've only been active as of recently to try to gain appeal for getting on the staff team. Even if you have you have created/repurposed your alts for the sake of assist newer players by creating a profit shop (on SkyGrind) and farms (on SkyBlockFarms), it seems redunant because of the existing tools and resources already provided by the server such as /warp passive for food. As for the profit shop it's helpful to the community, however the rates that you charge seem more beneficial to you rather than over players. I've seen more beneficial means of assisting newer players from others in the community. As far as activity on the server I've only seen you either afk or interacting with your group of friends rather than the community of the as a whole. When it comes to dealing with situations you don't handled certain confrontations with a mature or calm demeanor (i.e. Getting upset over another player wanting to create map arts on economy). Even now the map art situation has had no resolution due to lack of maturity shown.

14. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hi Kami,
    I can ensure you I have not been active purely to gain support - Skyblock is a retreat from real life for me and is a support method for me. My alt accounts have always had a profit shop, converting it from CraneyBot to SkyGrind due to using CraneyBot for Map Art, it’s nothing new and is definitely nothing to do with this application, since they were open long before the opening of this app.
    Regarding the “Map Art Situation”, I don’t think you completely understand what happened, I know that you are friends with the player and frequently discord him so you will take his side on this matter. The rude and threatening discord messages I received from said players are the reason I have not spoken to the player and do not intend to discord call “to make up” as I’d rather stay neutral with the player and not talk to them.
    However, this does not mean I would not be able to assist the player as a Helper. For example, just last week I was helping said player with Buycraft issues they were having - putting any issues aside that I may have with the player.

If you’d like me to go into more detail regarding any of the issues you brought up, drop me a message on Forums or on Discord (Craney#5010) and I’d be more than happy to discuss c;

15. honeey

honeey Member

IGN:
    honeeyPot
    Hey Craney, (full disclaimer) nothing I'm writing is supposed to come off as offensive, or rude. I just want to share my opinions on the matter at hand.

The whole 'mapart' situation isn't my business, so I hope you Kami and said third party work out some resolution in the future (regardless if said third party is being immature, I think talking through every problem to smooth out the situation is of utmost importance). I would give 50% neutral support and 50% no support. I've been extremely active on this server for the past months and everything seems to be clockwork at this point. It's easy to see everyone's cliques, how people's personas will alter based on who they interact with, and how it alters once staff members are online.

One point from Kami was you leaning toward more interaction with your group of friends, which of course there is no issue there, however, if I was to contrast you a month ago versus now, you have shifted to be more community based (a good thing). I think it's a great change, whatever that reasoning may be, but I feel it would need to be expressed consistently over a longer period of time.

Some key things that have been reminiscing are about your idiosyncrasy and how you handle situations with new players versus a conflict with existing players (not just targeting the 'mapart' situation). I'll use bdark as a reference due to what I know and as he's an existing helper. Bdark remains the same in chat regardless of who he's talking to, taking every matter with the same cool demeanor and attitude regardless of the relevancy of the player, or how outrageous the question may be. There have been many a time where I've seen bickering between you and said third party from the map art situation, and it's clear to see how your mannerisms change to a subtle provoking sort, rather than a calm, level headed/neutral approach. On top of that, I've seen the same behavior when any "beef" will arise in chat between you an another regular player when said player is continuing to argue. I would like to see a consistent effort in remaining neutral/non-provocative through all interactions.

There are some things that I would like to see in you more consistently, as well as some player to player conflicts that need a resolution in order for me to give my support.

Thank you for reading, I hope what I've said doesn't alter our relationship in game. Best of luck, Stan.

16. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hi Honey, (that made me chuckle)
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a reply on my application, it is much appreciated.

I’m glad you see that I am trying to resolve the “Map Art” situation.
    I do feel as though I have definitely made an effort to move towards the community as well as just my friends.
    I understand that sometimes when dealing with said player I may get a little “ratty” , but I can assure you I’m trying to stay as neutral during situations involving the player - as I mentioned in my reply to Kami I was helping them just last week regarding a Buycraft Issue.
    However, some of the things said in Public Chat & Private Messages, Discord Messages etc. have genuinely upset me and some I have had to forward to staff members. I am trying to solve the issue, but as I’m sure you can understand it can be hard when you’ve been hurt.
    I’m constantly trying to be a better person and I hope you see an improvement in this issue - but also I hope you can see that I’m trying my best to be consistent in my ways and help as many people as possible!

17. honeey

honeey Member

IGN:
    honeeyPot
    I respect and understand all of your points, and can agree with some of your points. I can see how you're wanting to better yourself for the community and that's commendable, and I'm glad you're going to tackle the consistency problem head on. For me it would only be a matter of time, time heals wounds (as you've mentioned being hurt from some of these conflicts) and I hope that with that I will see a new Stan, one that will overcome these various problems.

It's good that you helped the very person who you've had many issues with, but I think that same mindset needs to be replicated and projected onto a larger population group for it to be the most convincing and effective to me. As far as what you called "ratty" (hopefully not a very negative word), I would hope to see that disappear all together and for a more mature and calm you. I think the transition is key, from wanting to have that "ratty" mentality to a mentality where 'leveling' against your opponent is out of the question and you'll find any way to reach the resolution in the most mature and calm way possible. I'm looking forward to seeing that from you in the future.

As of now, my standings are stagnant. I hope to see you grow as an individual, and I hope these words are taken as helpful rather than negative. Best of luck, Stan.

18. Jack <3

Jack <3 Member

I also have been active on Economy for the last month and not only have I been exposed to a welcoming community of Minecraft players, but those who value Minecraft economy over being mates! Craney I have tried plenty of times to make it up to you and resolve the situation but ever time in chat you are way to immature to try and have a conversation with. You say all this stuff about how you forwarded my messages to admin and what not, you deleted some of your own which I'm sure staff would want to see aswell but also all this crap about how it has hurt you. When you weren't having a cry over me making map art before this application you came off rude in chat to players never did what you are now and you would have never made community places with your alts. You are consistently provoking me in chat and as a 17 year old (yes you said that in chat not doxing) that is quite funny to be honest it is pathetic and I am disgusted, if you get mod your only gonna go on a power trip and anyone who doesn't agree with you will be subject to your power trip. I definitely do not see you fit as becoming any sort of staff member and hope for the sake of the server you don't get this position.

19. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hi Jack,
    If you'd like to discuss this, then please send me a forums DM, or an in-game message.
    I do not see any constructive criticism within this reply. I would appreciate more of a response towards my attributes within game towards the community, rather than an individual issue you have with me.

I do not wish to discuss this issue with you on my application, however I can assure you that I completely disagree with this reply. I do not provoke you in chat and don't message you were possible. I feel as though some of the things you have said on this reply are completely false and are not related to the application, instead an attack at me.

My behaviours have not changed since applying and I do not believe that I would be subject to a power trip, since I want to help the community for a good cause and not for a negative reason as staff have to be justified in any decision making.

Thanks,
    Stan.

20. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thank you Meg, this is very nice of you.
    I thank you for noticing my efforts towards the community and I am very grateful for your kindness :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.