NA Clxrity's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by clxrity, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
    Clxrity's Moderator Application
    (.NET)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your in-game name:
    My in-game name is Clxrity. I currently can be found with my nickname "Clarity".

What timezone are you in?
    I am in the Eastern Standard Timezone (EST)

GMT -0:500

What country do you live in?
    I live in the United States of America

What languages do you speak?
    I am only fluent in English. However, I will do my best to assist players who speak a different language.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes, I do.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Indeed. I use QuickTime Player (a built in recording software for macs/apple computers) to record. I also have Gyazo saved on my dock as an easy access to take screenshots whenever I need to.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
    I am extremely confident with my ability to moderate, and know I'd be a great choice for the position. Below I have listed specific things that prove why I would be a great choice.
    **Note: For anyone who believes my application "needs more detail": I am not the type of person to fill my application with unnecessary fluff and detail. I will try to keep this nice and simple to simply explain why I should become moderator.

◇ I am experienced with moderating. Refer to the 'Do you have any past experience as a moderator?' heading for more detail and clarification on this qualification.

◇ As a moderator here, it is expected of you to moderate the forums. I am very familiar with XenForo and how to manage the forums, so that won't be a problem for me. I know how to properly move/close/archive threads, handle forum reports, and much more.

◇ I always display a mature and mod-like attitude when assisting players. I know how to manage and deal with players despite how they are acting towards me.

◇ Skyblock has always been my favorite minecraft game/plugin/add-on. I have a vast amount of experience playing skyblock and using the plugin as a developer on past servers as well.

◇ I am aware of all the server rules in-game and on forums, and I know how to enforce them. Which, is obviously an important task a moderator needs to be sufficient at.

◇ A lot of the current moderators are in the USA and/or in a common timezone. Being the awkward teenager that I am, you'll often see me on at weird times such as 4 AM - when the majority of the staff are not awake. I believe I will be able to fill in for this timezone gap where moderation is needed most.

◇ It is important for a moderator to be unbiased. I always treat every player equally. For example: I will not hesitate to deal out a punishment to a player if they are my friend, a donator, or for any other reason that would affect my judgement.

◇ I currently hold the "moderator" position on other platforms, but I am good at managing my time so that one does not affect the other. Also, just like others who are my age, I have school to worry about. I know how to balance out how much I'm on the server so that I have time for my schoolwork, and vise verse. Although, school is my top priority.

◇ If anyone has a question or needs assistance, I will not hesitate to help out. I'm always helpful and easy to cooperate with.

◇ To conclude my qualifications; I will say that I am responsible, respectful, mature, and will put a lot of effort into benefitting Skyblock.net.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

I can be in-game for at least 1 hour each day. Some days, such as lazy weekends, I will be for much longer. I have the skyblock forums saved as a bookmark on my phone and I am constantly on browsing the forums as well.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I have been playing Skyblock in-game for over a year, and I joined the forums in January of 2016.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I have no ban history.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

In 2013 I assisted someone in developing a server and carried the rank "developer". I also ended up moderating the chat a bit.

Later, I then created a small factions server for myself and managed it for a couple months with around a player count of 20. I was in charge of promoting staff, downloading plugins, and really everything to do with the server... Including having to design all the main builds.
    Then, I decided to leave my server behind and was given the rank "Helper" on a different Factions server with a small player count. I was staff there for a couple months until the server shut down.
    On April 22nd I was promoted to Moderator on Mineverse (the "neighbor" server also owned by Cyp & Crew). In August I resigned due to personal irl issues; but I have, since then, been re-promoted and currently still hold the moderator position there.
    In addition, I also am currently moderator on the Skyblock Teamspeak server & Dubtrack room.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

I meet all the requirements, yes.

• Support Support x 21
    • No Support No Support x 4
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Malc

Malc Well-Known Member

FIRST

Support & congratulations in advance :heart:

3. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hello!
    I'd suggest you add some more detail, but other than that, support!

4. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Support. No explanation needed.

5. NoTerror

NoTerror New Member

Support, you are a great mod on mineverse and I think you would be a great mod on skyblock as well. :)

6. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Support yes

7. gabb y

gabb y sock

SUPPORT !!!

8. MindSensation

MindSensation Senior Member

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME WHEN YOU APPLIED DORK

I'm going to support your application (obviously), because you have experience. You know how to moderate a server, and one as large as skyblock should be no problem for you.

You're kind, approachable, and mature. I see you online each and every day, and I think you'd make a great moderator.

9. IllegalWiFi

IllegalWiFi Guest

Support, Mind said it all :p

10. clxrity

IGN:
    clxrity
    Thank you all for the support! :heart:

11. clxrity

IGN:
    clxrity
    Bumpitty bump :worm

12. chain

chain Well-Known Member

No support. I don't like red and I loathe that font.

13. clxrity

IGN:
    clxrity
    You don't support me for the appearance of my application? How would this affect my ability to moderate?

14. chain

chain Well-Known Member

A recent study has shown that 100℅ of moderators who have applied using the colour red in their application have either resigned, been demoted or still moderate. I don't want an unreliable staff member in the skyblock staff team.

Also don't argue with me, you must agree with everything I say or else you're immature.

15. Teeeb

Teeeb Well-Known Member

Support, I love you and I know you're an amazing person.

16. Stel

Stel Guest

Support (OXXOXOXO)

17. Hellina(::

Hellina(:: Member

SUPPORT T T T T

18. clxrity

IGN:
    clxrity
    Thank you Anna :heart: I really appreciate it.
    TY (xoxoxoxoxoxo)
    Thanks!

19. Vintage

Vintage Senior Member

Support..

20. Jenny

Jenny Experienced Member

You seem very qualified, but seeing as you are also a moderator on Mineverse, I'm not sure if it's the best decision to try and dedicate equal amounts of time to both. Many other applicants could easily get this position, solely spend their time here, and not have twice the work. On the other hand, you have much more experience and already know how to moderate a server run by the same people.

Neutral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.