Chickens

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by MrABGold, May 25, 2019.

1. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    So like you know how sheep merge, but you can still shear them? Well I was wondering about chickens. So basically, I need eggs to make stuff like cake and pumpkin pie for the bakery shop. Currently, there is a singular hopper leading to a chest and it’s surrounded by fence. I used /spawnmob chicken twice to get two chickens on top of the hopper. The two chickens haven’t merged so most times I church the chest there are 4 eggs. I would just like to know what would happen if like I spawned more in and they merged? Would I get more eggs? Or just the one?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I would assume that you would get eggs from each chicken in the stack but the plugin once changed the mechanics of dying stacked sheep so I am not sure anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  3. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    Oh right okay haha thanks! Maybe I should just see what happens and if it doesn’t work just kill them all and spawn two in again.
    Thanks for the help :)

4. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Let's say you have a stack of blue sheep. All the sheep you shear will stack separately from the blue sheep that still have wool. So you will see 1 stack of blue sheep and 1 stack of naked sheep in the same pen.

The game remembers that the naked sheep are blue. Now here is the fun part of merged mobs: once the stack of naked sheep eat grass, the entire stack regrows the blue wool! And then stack of newly haired sheep combines with the other blue sheep (if you did not happen to shear them all at once).

Only thing that is kind of bothersome is that each sheep needs a dye if you want to color it. If you want a stack of 100 blue sheep, you will need 100 lapis. But if you think about it, it is only fair since this one dye to one sheep ratio is the same you see in normal minecraft.

On to chickens. If you have a stack of chickens they will drop their eggs at one time at the normal rate that 1 chicken lays eggs. You may see something like 8x egg dropped in game. I swear I have picked up multiple 16x eggs from a monstrous stack of chickens.

It may seem weird, but over time you should see that it averages out. You will still get the same number of eggs from a stack of chickens as you would if those chickens were their individual selves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    Oh wonderful, thank you! It was a pain having two chickens when I needed quite a large amount of eggs haha! Thank you so much :D

6. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    Also you generally need more than 2 to get the animals to stack^

7. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    Oh right haha thanks :D

8. kindom99

kindom99 New Member

Not sure if this thread is still active but I had a quick question. I have chicken eggs thanks to a member. What I was wondering is if I throw them as the ground like normal Minecraft do I have a chance of getting chickens or will it just destroy the eggs

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thinker

Thinker Active Member

Its like vanilla MC