Brewing stand bug?

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Gamzee24, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Hello.
    I understand that this server is mainly a 12.2 server. I know that in recent versions of Minecraft, you need blaze powder to make potions. For some reason, when I open a brewing stand in 1.8, the blaze powder symbol appears on the top left, but I cannot place any powder in it. It appears to be blocked. And of course when I logged on the latest version, I was able to put in the powder and make my potion. I also wasn’t able to brew any potions without the blaze powder even though the option to put the powder in is not allowed. Can this bug be fixed? I’m not sure if it’s happening to other 1.8 players. If it is, please comment about it. I want to be able to brew potions and play my favorite version at the same time!

~Gamzee24

2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

If the UI for brewing stands changed in 1.12.2 then there really is nothing you can do except perhaps try and place the blaze powder where it could go on 1.12.2.
    I haven’t tried brewing potions in 1.8 on the server so I’d say just use 1.12.2 instead.

3. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Yea I did. I went to the latest version and it let me put in the powder, but it doesn’t let me in 1.8. Normally in 1.8, I’m able to brew potions like on /classic, but it’s because this is a full blown 1.12.2 server that I am not able to brew unless I’m in the correct version, and I don’t like version past 1.8.

4. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Gonna be honest. This sounds like a you problem. Staff can't really screw with the UI

5. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    The problem is because that this is a 1.12.2 server.

6. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Exactly. We aren’t gonna change stuff for the few people who don’t want to update their outdated client

7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Logically you should use 1.12 at least
    Support of 1.8 is almost like a courtesy for people that might still want to use it and letting a wider range of people join such as those with lower end hardware who are stuck at 1.8. But the issue is some things wont be compatible. Textures and blocks for starters were easy for the plugin to change for 1.8 because its simple replacements. But changing minecraft UI and game play mechanics for 1.8 isn't going to happen.

Unless there really is a fix for brewing stands it isn't a priority. Use the correct game version for the server for the optimal experience.

8. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I still want this thread up in case Leeeroieee has some opinion.

9. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I've never actually used a brewing stand before and I honestly don't know how they work. :sorry:

I'll try to figure it out and see if anything can be done to get them working with 1.8 clients.

10. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Thanks ye sir. They’ve worked kinda the same, except in recent versions, you are required to use blaze powder as fuel.
    And I know several people who use the server in 1.8 as well so it’ll be useful to them.

11. JuztAndy

JuztAndy Active Member

IGN:
    JuztAndy
    1.10 and lower versions should be blacklisted on the new server, it makes everything look bad, work differently or bug -.-

12. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Some players prefer the older clients. We want players to be able to join with whichever version they like best. :)

13. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Its ok! Thanks god I used the brewing stands way back. So brewing stands in 1.8 have 4 slots, 1 slot to put the item you want to brew into the kind of potion you want and the other 3 slots is where u put the water-bottles or potions to either increase their duration or make them more effective. As seen this is the Brewing Stand in 1.8:
    [​IMG]

And the one in 1.12+ is the same thing except an extra slot to put in the blaze powder as "fuel" from what I know. Here's a picture:
    [​IMG]

14. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Yes but what I’m saying is that even though I’m in 1.8, the blaze powder slot is there but I am unable to put anything in unless I’m in the correct version. If I go to /classic, the powder slot goes away. It’s because SB2 is a whole 1.12.2 server. As leee said, he wants players to be able to play from any version they wish, so hopefully this gets fixed. I would show you a screenshot but I am unable to at the moment because I am unable to get a computer right now (aka my mom keeps mine in her safe).

15. ARandomDiamond

ARandomDiamond Active Member

Leeeroieee just make it so if you drop (with 'q') blaze powder on top, it gets put into the brewing stand. I could do it right now with command blocks lol.

16. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Leeeroieee have have you figured out anything yet?

17. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try something like that.

Not yet, but I've added this to my list of things to tackle soon.

18. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Thanks lee take your time.

19. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been inactive for over two months. We are constantly searching for ways to enhance our server and forums. To make sure we do so, we will be locking and archiving suggestions that are inactive.

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. You may also feel free to submit another suggestion in the future.

Kind regards.

20. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Opening on the OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.