NA Bree's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Novembree, Oct 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Staff App Image.jpg

Introduction

Hello everyone! I’m Novembree, though most people either call me Bree or Nov.
    I play a mix of economy and survival, as well as a bit of classic on occasion.

Though I’ve only been around Skyblock since May, I have quickly fallen in love with the community and gameplay here and thus have no plans of leaving anytime soon. I hope my application gives you a better idea of who I am and please don’t hesitate to leave any feedback in the reply box below! :’)

~ Your in-game and discord tag ~
    “Novembree” Novembree#3146

~ What time zone are you in? ~
    EST (Eastern Standard Time)

~ Can you speak any additional languages? ~
    Along with English, I speak conversational French and a bit of Dutch.

~ Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? ~
    Yes, I utilize Medal Screen Recorder for all video evidence and the in-game F2 function for screenshots,
    (or if all else fails, cmd+shift+4 on Mac to screenshot).

~ How long can you be active on our platforms everyday? ~
    This varies day to day, so I have provided comprehensive list of my availability.

Monday: 1-4 hours, afternoon-evening.

Tuesday: 1-3 hours, afternoon.

Wednesday: 1-4 hours, afternoon-evening.

Thursday: 1-4 hours, afternoon-evening.

Friday: 1-4 hours, morning-evening.

Saturday: 1-5 hours, morning-evening.

Sunday: 1-2 hours, afternoon-evening.

(Activity may change due to my irl job, family events and holidays)

~ When did you first join Skyblock? ~
    May 13, 2021 and have been active nearly every day since.

~ Have you ever been banned on any platform? ~
    Absolutely not.

~ Do you have any past moderation experience? ~

I do. I currently serve the position of moderator on skywars.com , a sister server of skyblock.com, also owned by Noobcrew. I have been moderator there since March 23rd of 2021, and continue to serve my duties to this day.

Besides this, I once was administrator on a small survival server consisting of roughly 50 active players from 2017-2019 which is no longer maintained. I was also a moderator on another survival server averaging 70 players in 2020 that is also no longer running.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

~ Why do you think you should become a staff member? ~

Helpful/Knowledgable
    I believe I am a knowledgable person when it comes to skyblock. I am often quick to help out new players in the chat who have questions, don’t understand the commands, want to learn how to make money early on, etc. I enjoy meeting new players and I try to provide them with a strong footwork to help them progress through the game mode. As a moderator on skywars, I understand the necessary commands needed for moderation, as well as have a clear understanding of the rules of skyblock. I have no problems reminding new or old players of the rules that must be upheld.

Active
    Despite the commitments in my life away from the computer, and away from skywars, I am an active member of skyblock. I play economy and skyblock daily and like to hop between the two throughout the day. I do spend time on classic on occasion, but due to the low player numbers, I tend to play more of economy/survival. I’m always available on discord, and if I’m not on my computer, I have the app on my phone and check it regularly. I also try to help out as much as I can in the #help sections of the discord if no one has answered a player’s question yet. Alongside this, I am on the forums consistently, checking new posts, replying or chatting to others.

Past Experience
    While I do not want to use my past moderation experience to “boost” my attributes, I believe it has taught me many valuable lessons and should be mentioned. Due to my past experience, I have an understanding how tough situations must be handled, and when being strict and direct is needed. I can also understand when players make bad decisions, but need some guidance on how to proceed and get back on track. I have experience with many aspects of moderation; replying to appeals, handling reports, moderating discords and forums amongst other things.

Honest
    If I make a mistake, or forget important information I am not one to cover it up. I think honesty is extremely important in any job, whether online or not. I’m always forthcoming and take these experiences as lessons for the future.

Kind/Understanding
    I consider myself to be a kind and understanding person. I love to chat to fellow players, share my experience and knowledge, and get to know new people. I’m a caring person, genuinely wanting the best for people, even if all it takes is a listening ear.

Quick Learner
    I am a quick learner when it comes to new things, or concepts. I’m somewhat of a perfectionist so I always make sure every message and post I make is well thought out and conveys my real thoughts. I understand moderating skyblock is far different from skywars, but I am up for the task of learning the ropes!

Mature
    I believe joking around has a time and place, but generally I believe myself to be considerably mature. I try to articulate my thoughts in a straight forward, easy-to-understand fashion. I understand the responsibility becoming a staff member takes, and I am happy to fulfill all the duties expected of me.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    • 50 posts on the forums ✓
    • Two factor authentication set up ✓
    • Minimum 1 month registered on the forums ✓
    • Own a discord account ✓

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Any and all feedback is welcome, along with criticisms.
    Honesty is the best policy!

Have a lovely day - Bree

• Support Support x 32
  2. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    First!

Huge support!!

Bree when I first met you, it was just after your promo on sw. Your professionalism astounded me and you were so sweet.

I'm so happy I met you that day and kidnapped you to sb Hehe

You immediately learnt the rules and picked up on where people needed help and how to provide it. This was wayyyy before you even considered moderating here. This proves to me how much you genuinely want to help people.

Your activity is amazing and you clearly care for the community. There is soo much I could say about you but there is a word limit haha

Now I get the pleasure to be able to say this. I have had the greatest pleasure of moderating with you. Not only did you guide me through the procedure and what not, you helped me develop skills that I have transferred to my moderating here aswell. You are such an amazing moderator there and have more then enough experience and knowledge to be able to moderate here.

I cannot think of anything to suggest to you to improve. You balance your time between mc, real life and all platforms amazingly and you are extremely helpful and have so many qualities that are desired in a mod in our community!

The best of luck to you bree :heart:

3. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Support :)

4. Souly0622

Souly0622 Moderator Moderator

You have my full support Bree, you’re very kind and are always helpful in chat. Very active as well. I wish you the best :)

5. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    My 2nd coop member :heart:33
    Support - you’re active and helpful, it’d be an honour to moderate with you :)

6. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. We need more mods in megans coop

7. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I was a bit upset because I wasn’t first however I’m very happy that you’re applying for Helper.

Nov, I will of course be 100% supporting you. From the day we met, you have been such a sweet, kind and helpful person.

In-Game:
    You are active in-game, and on both servers which I love. You are well aware of server rules, how things go, the difference between the servers and you help a lot. The way you help people is a way a helper should help someone. You’re approachable, not intimidating. You break down stuff, you’re patient and you never/rarely make a mistake when explaining something.

Discord:
    You’re active on Discord which is a key platform for Skyblock. Even though you’re only Loyal Member, that shouldn’t affect anything since you’re still active and helping out at a good rate. You aren’t over helping, you let others help as well and give precise information. You chat with everyone and are very kind. One of the things I love about you.

Forums:
    No concerns, you’re active enough and that’s good. Forums isn’t a big deal until you become staff, well it’s not that of a big thing then but it becomes handy. Knowing your way around Forums is good and you do!

Overall:
    Being a Skywars Moderator, you’re already aware of how to deal with different type of people and I have seen that myself. Even though on Skywars the main concern is hacking, I’m sure you’ll enjoy dealing with griefers, island farmers and a lot more people.. :/

I’m sure if you’re promoted, you will do amazing! Good luck!! #girlboss

OMG I LOVE THE WAY I WROTE ALL OF THIS AND I WAS MEANT TO BE FIRST TO SUPPORT BUT ANYWAYS #NICKIMINAJ2024

8. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I'd be crazy to not support.

Good luck bree :)

9. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    I don’t usually like to comment on applications but i’d be silly not to here.

Bree you are one of the most dedicated, loyal people I know. You’re always looking to help others no matter what the case. You’re extremely active all round, every time I log on, you’re always there to welcome me.

You’re one of the best candidates for a position like this and I hope to see you on the team ASAP :heart: Support (ofc) Best of luck bree!

10. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Thanks so much for all the kind words and support you've given me Frez. You're the one who has been so kind to me all along and given me pointers, and taught me about sb. I owe you a lot and I hope one day we can mod together on sb too :heart:

Thank you so much for the support Dex!

Hi Souly, thanks for the support :)

Megg thank you :heart:

I agree. ;) Thanks for the support Bert!

Thanks so much for the detailed reply Boba, I appreciate the support. Love you lots :)

Thanks so much PC! Good luck with your application as well.

Aww Pancake, thank youuu! :heart:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  11. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I tipiclay wait a couple days to see an applicant and how they respond but I have talked to bree a bit before so ill do this now

1. Bree is helpful
    2. Bree is active
    3. Bree is nice
    4. bree is already staff on a noob crew server

I can genuinely think of nothing to improve on maybe be a bit more active but I'm nitpicking support

12. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

SUPPORT! :heart: Hopefully they are mod soon! :D

13. onlydubs111

onlydubs111 Active Member

IGN:
    onlydubs111
  14. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Thank you so much for the support Ursus, I try to be as active as I can but I will for sure keep it up! :) Best of luck with your application as well!

Thank you Ca1eb :'D

Thanks for the support dubs!

15. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Hi Bree,

I believe you would make a great addition to the Staff Team. I would be honoured to moderate alongside you. I hereby Support this application! :)

16. Sheily

Sheily Active Member

IGN:
    xSheilyy
    hi bree!
    huge support, you have always been a kind, loyal, and all around fun player to the community! you definitely will be an asset to the team. hope to see you get this promotion soon :heart: :hah:

17. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Support Bree, you're a joy to work with on Skywars and I believe you can do a great job here too.

18. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support, get helper already.

19. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    SUPPORT only met you a couple times but you are lovely. My new account hasn't got perms yet so I'll have to come back to rate xxx

20. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Hey Devan! Thanks so much for the support, it would be a pleasure to mod with you!

Thanks so much Sheily :heart:
    Thanks so much Boss, I'd love to mod here with you as well! :heart:

Thanks Marc!!

Thank you so much Queen, it was nice meeting you recently! :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.