Book and Quill

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Wasdamatter, Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasdamatter

Wasdamatter Member

Hi, Wasdamatter here. Whenever I try to write with a book and quill on Skyblock, the game crashes at random times while I'm writing the book. When it doesn't crash, it sometimes doesnt save any writing. I tried going on 1.12.2 but I couldn't type in the book at all, and could not even select any text. How do I fix this? I want to make a book explaining my island layout but it's very hard to do so due to the bugs i mentioned.

2. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Have you tried going on 1.8?

3. Wasdamatter

Wasdamatter Member

On 1.8 I have the same problem as I do on 1.12- I can't select text or write on pages unless I make new ones. I already have a lot written down already and I just need to change some bits, so I don't want to make a whole new book unless there's no other way to fix this.

4. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    You could try getting another player to write it and you sign it?

5. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I haven’t had the same problem myself or been aware of any others having it too. Have you tried restarting the client and/or your device?

6. Wasdamatter

Wasdamatter Member

I've logged out of minecraft several times, but the problem doesn't go away. I'll try restarting my computer again rn.

7. Wasdamatter

Wasdamatter Member

Just restarted my computer, the problem hasn't gone away. I'll just ask andy to write the book for me, then sign it.

8. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    My apologies for not solving your issue. If he has trouble with it, let me know. I think it is a problem more so on your side than the server. Have you tried using a book and quill on a single player server or a different server?

9. Wasdamatter

Wasdamatter Member

I don't have any issues in a single player world with a book and quill. It's fine however, I can always ask a friend to write it. :)

10. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

11. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**
    I’ll close this once a friend writes it for you and the book is completed : )

12. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    This is a wierd bug, and I'm sure it's not the cause of the server.

I feel like some partof your Minecraft installation is corrupt - in this case you'll need to install your Minecraft version again.

DO NOT just delete the Minecraft launcher and reinstall it, this will solve nothing. Instead:

Go to %appdata%\.minecraft\ (type it in Run, Windows + R, or type it in your Windows Explorer by pressing the directory bar at the top).

Go to the versions folder.

Delete 1.12.2 or whatever version you mainly play on.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can delete the assets folder. (optional: You can also delete the bin, libraries and resources folder as well). There is nothing wrong with doing this - Minecraft Launcher will always detect these files are missing and reinstall them.

Run/Install Minecraft 1.12.2 again, this time all your assets, binaries, libraries and resources will install with it.

If this doesn't fix it, it might be a bug with Java itself.

Go to Download Free Java Software and download Java 8. This installs what is known as JRE, aka what the Minecraft Launcher runs when you press Play (javaw.exe).

If nothing I've suggested fixes your issue, I apologise for wasting your time.

13. athyrix

Wasdamatter did you manage to successfully write the book in the end? Please let us know! :)

14. Wasdamatter

Wasdamatter Member

Sorry!! I forgot about this thread! I got a friend online and the book was written. Thanks!

15. Wasdamatter

Wasdamatter Member

PCcoolguy, since this bug happens on all versions of minecraft, should I try re-downloading several game versions?

16. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    just the assets and whatever should be fine :)

17. athyrix

Thank you for your thread on a recent issue. The issue has been resolved.
    This thread has been moved to the Help Archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.