EUR Blyx's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Blyx, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Hi there, I appreciate the time you’ve taken to click and read my application – thank you.

Having returned from my break from the community, I have chosen to reapply for the position of moderator, as it’s a responsibility that I enjoy and still find great satisfaction in.

As I’ve mentioned in the past, I tend to be more active in-game in the afternoon rather than the morning, where I can usually be found on the forums. Whilst I may not appear to post much online, I am still active, browsing threads and catching up on discussion points so I am informed, and adding my input where applicable.

If you are unfamiliar with who I am, or would like to know a little more about myself, feel free to read my introduction linked here.

Your in-game name: Blyx_

What time zone are you in?

GMT (UTC+0)

What country do you live in?

I live in the United Kingdom.

What languages do you speak?

English is my main language which I can speak fluently.

I have recently completed a 3 year course in German for GCSE, thus allowing the ability to translate and converse in German to an understandable level if the need occurs.

Do you have 2FA enabled?

Two factor authentication is enabled on my forums account, as well as on my Discord login. All accounts required for the position of staff hold a unique password not in use elsewhere.

I understand the importance and consequence of maintaining a secure set up, having paid witness to its effects on others before.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

I am able to fulfil the basic requirement of taking and withholding screenshots as well as organising them for ease of access in-case of an appeal. I also have the ability to record in-game offences via a screen recorder with uploads to YouTube.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

Quick Learner & Adaptable –

Despite having critical knowledge of the current survival server I am a quick learner and incredibly adaptable to new situations. Since the release of the new server I have been able to offer support to newcomers and returning players who needed direction when starting out - picking up new information quickly and processing it to deliver to others in an understandable way. I enjoy welcoming new members through their introductory threads, and announcements in-game, and helping with any queries they may have along the way. I pick things up swiftly and am able to put them into use effectively, understanding their usability and function correctly.

Reflective –

I am able to reflect upon past actions and mistakes and learn from them. This ability has enabled me to analyse how I have handled situations in the past, and modify my attitude to ensure that all parties are happy. I am able to handle criticism and act upon it. I have found previous “staff feedback” threads particularly helpful in shaping my time as staff in the past, especially as members of the community can suggest areas of improvement to indicate how I can better represent them.

Patient –

Having developed an interest in teaching myself new skills, I am incredibly versed in the skill of patience - something which is beneficial to both player and moderator. It is essential to solve disputes in the best way possible and to achieve an end result which compensates all sides. I am a forbearing member of this community; rarely losing my temper, and willing to listen to anyone who needs help.

Quick Responses –

My reaction times are incredibly fast, permitting quick and direct action to any player or concern which has arisen. Alongside this I also have the capability to type efficiently, whilst remaining understandable and clear. As a further point I am swift in dealing with an issue and will not tell people to wait without good reason. I will be able to handle forum reports deftly whilst still giving the appropriate infraction out.

Clear Communication & Self Control –

With the ability to clearly express concerns I have, I can efficiently converse and engage in a variety of discourse with other players, this quality also aids my potential to work in a team and closely alongside other people. Notwithstanding, I am mature: able to appreciate a joke when appropriate, but also recognise when it is not and thus act in a conducted manner.

Organised –

Having previously kept a record of logs in an archived folder, I am an organised player. I was able to know who I’d banned, when, and for what reason – aiding in my ability to pull up evidence if needed during an appeal. Furthermore, I possess a wide spatial awareness and can be messaging multiple people without the mistake of sending the wrong message to the wrong person. This, along with rarely tabulating an erroneous name in general chat, avoids unnecessary confusion.

Genuine Enjoyment –

To be a successful staff member and to avoid poorly handled situations, it is essential to take pride in the responsibility you undertake. I am approachable and always happy to help, providing support in situations that people face when online.

Experience & Knowledge –

I understand basic forum principles of locking, moving and soft deleting threads as well as the ability to apply a multimod to convey that I’ve dealt with the incident and have correctly archived a discussion. Furthermore, I understand the forum’s infraction system, and the process of forum offences, as well as those of in-game. In contrast I am knowledgeable about the current survival server and am able to offer support and guidance to players who seek it.

Loyal –

As someone who joined the server community in 2013 and the forums later in 2014, I am a loyal player. I have returned to this community many times after breaks of varying lengths. I am also familiar with how this community functions, and many of the people who reside within it. This would authorise me to be a personal moderator, as I genuinely care about this community having been around for this length of time.

As a further point on this matter, I am aware that there are only currently 2 moderators from the UK time zone; I am willing to help make a difference and relieve the strain on the other mods from my region.

How long can you be active on the server every day?

Please note: Realistically, I will be able to offer at least 1-2 hours per day between the listed times.

Term time:

Weekdays – Between the hours of: 16:30PM – 11PM depending on college commitments, sometimes earlier if my timetable permits.

Weekends – Between the hours of: 11AM – 11PM. I don’t hold many commitments outside of college, so my availability is incredibly flexible.

Non-term time:

All days - Between the hours of: 11AM – 11PM.

Times listed are explicitly availability in-game on a computer. I may be seen outside of these times, but please note that it is likely I will be on mobile and limited in what I can do.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

I have been present on the server since the summer of 2013, using my now alternate account. I joined forums at a later date in April 2014.

After taking a break from the server following a major grief from my island neighbour, I came back to the server in the summer of 2015 before leaving again for the majority of 2017.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

No. My history for both forums and in-game is clean. I prefer following and enforcing rules as opposed to breaking them.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I have had the privilege and experience of moderating here for 11 months before resigning upon my own accord in late January last year.

I’ve also previously held the position of staff on two other servers; achieving my way from ChatMod up to ChatMod+ in the time I was there. My only reason for leaving was due to internal changes that occurred on the server at that time.

Following this move I later became a Trial Mod for a separate server before graduating the training programme to become a responsible moderator and later assume the role of organising staff, server events and liaising with the community in an administrative position.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?

My forum account has been registered since April 2014; I have upwards of 1,900 posts, as well as having two factor authentication enabled with strong passwords on both my in-game and forum accounts. I also am present in the discord server – at the level of member, as well as having both TeamSpeak and Skype accounts.

Ending note:

As many people will be aware I stepped down from the position of moderator for one main reason: I wanted to concentrate on upcoming exams.

I am fully aware that I will have exams again in the future, however, not to the same extent. I have moderated throughout trial exams perfectly fine in the past, adjusting my activity to concentrate on my studies. In January I was met with an entirely new situation having never before been faced with the prospect of 23 exams within a 1 month span - each with a lasting effect on my academic record.

Now I have experienced that, I will be able to handle future situations and my reactions to them accordingly whilst attending to external activities.

[​IMG]

• Support Support x 24
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    FIRST :D
    Support!!
    You're constantly so helpful, and so friendly. I'm so glad you re-applied. :heart:

3. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Absolute support!
    You're so kind, friendly, mature and helpful.
    I'm so so happy you re-applied, you were an amazing moderator. :heart:

4. Wadee

Wadee Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Wa_e
    No support. I never see you on, and if I do I don’t see you helping.

5. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Blyx is on daily, and she's constantly helping. You're in a very different timezone. Judge off of what you actually see.

6. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Didn’t even read. Support.

7. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    You’re quite wrong there buddy.

Didn’t event need to read the app because I already know you can and will handle moderating again.
    Support

8. Wadee

Wadee Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Wa_e
    Right, I don't see anything. Hints my rating. No need for anyone to get upset about it.

9. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    You gave her a no-support when you never see her online? She's online a lot and it's clearly timezones. If I see her then it means she's online. Just because you don't see her doesn't mean she wouldn't be a good mod.

10. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

But the thing is, people don't see you online as much as Blyx. :Hilarious:

11. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Thank you all for the support. :)

I understand. Thank you for viewing it and adding your opinion. I would think myself to be very active in-game, but I can see how you may see differently considering I've only seen you online once from my perspective.

12. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    God damn it im not first but SUPPORT OMG

13. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItzVxper
    I Dunno Bout u all, But support from me!

14. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Support, you're active, helpful and have a lovely kind and caring personality.
    Good luck Blyx! :>

15. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Definite support. I worked with you for a good 8 or 9 months and you was an exceptional moderator. You was consistent, helpful and you handled everything very well. You have been very active recently and you have been helping people constantly.
    Good luck.

16. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    support obviously!
    i dont think ive ever properly met you,
    but you're chill asf and super kind. :>

17. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Full Support!
    You're helpful, kind, friendly, mature and active.
    Good Luck!

18. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Thank you all for the support, it means a lot. :heart: :)

19. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    b u mP
    :) get mod

20. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

You're so nice in game, Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.