Best Ways How to deal with Trolling, Racism and Harassment

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by ItsRed, Mar 24, 2019.

1. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Reds Guide to Common Problems
    Hey Guys! I've decided to make this because I see a lot of these common 'threats' in chat and you can do a few things to counteract these things and I'm here to talk to you about them.

Trolling; This could be a lot of things, but I'm going to stick with more of like picking on you not borderline harassment yet, but close to it.

1: Get as much evidence as you need if what is going on is bothering you

2: /ignore them
    3: If they do not stop and you're getting mad ask a mod to handle it for you, I've always had trouble doing this because of people telling me that I'm a sissy or tattle tale or whatever and to be honest that's all a load of lies, if anything it makes you look strong since you can maturely handle it without getting in a screaming match with one another. or in other words report them.

Racism; This is very general, it really could be anything from derogatory terms or downright and plain racism from names like " BEANER!" or " Back to the fields filthy cotton picker!" In no circumstance should you ever use any of the examples I just said but if you see anyone using my examples or anything you may feel is racist or demeaning do these things first

1: /ignore them. I personally wouldn't plainly ignore them without /ignore because you might catch it out of the corner of your eye and get really mad/sad about it.
    2: Report them to the mods if they didn't catch it and if they aren't online take a screenshot with F2 or Windows' snipping tool. they're here to help with these kinds of things.
    3: If you get extremely mad about it take a break, breaks are something everyone needs once and a while.

Harassment; This could vary but I'm going to go with non stop messing with you or asking for you to do something for them or with them.

1: Ignore them with /ignore or tell them to stop 3 times politely.
    2: Take a screenshot for proof and say that you're going to make a report against them
    3: Stick with your word and make a report for harassment usually it wont come to this but if it does do it.

There you have it, my personal best ways to deal with problems like that yeah its a bit repeated but it works really well and all of these will work try them next time!

~Sincerely, Red

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Isn't this a guide not a discussion?

3. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Saying that you will report someone is basically like saying that you are going to call your mum. You are best to report it quietly instead of threaten the person.
    1. Get as much evidence as you need if what is going on is bothering you
    2. /ignore
    3. Quietly report

If people are trolling then just ignore them. If they become offensive just straight up report it. Don’t give them your time and attention because they are not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Agree, I think this should be moved to guide to help players

I think ItsRed can make some few tweets to his post before moving it to guide if that is possible.

5. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Deal,

Can a mod move it ?