Accepted [BennyDonut] Major Looting [michael1234] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by BennyDonut, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Server Classic
    In-game name is BennyDonut. Reason for ban is Major Looting. Yes I read the rules, I was banned because I was looting a island which is consider both Major Looting/Griefing/Stealing. The ban is correct. I was banned before on SkyBlock, I'm don't remember as it was early Skyblock and I was young. I think I should be unbanned because I really love this server, reason being that I came back to Minecraft a year ago just because of Skyblock as it was my early, favorite, and most memorable server that I been to for server years since I was 11 or 12. Although what I did was unfair and not right I do not expect to be forgiven if my consequences is to wait for 28 days then so be it, but I really want to be unbanned so I can work on my island and live those joyful moments.

2. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Tagging the banning moderator Michael

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hello BennyDonut, thank you for taking the time to create an appeal.

I am very grateful for your honesty and willingness to admit to what you did right from the start. That being said, I would still like to discuss this situation before officially deciding the outcome of this appeal. As this is a very serious offense, and the ban length was decided accordingly, I would like to give you a chance to explain yourself. If you feel that I have misinterpreted the evidence or been unfair in any way, please let me know; I am more than willing to consider your perspective on the situation, as well as get input from other staff members about this situation if you deem it necessary.

Before continuing any further, I would like explain the situation, as well as ask you a few questions.

Reform had told me that someone had stolen pretty much everything from his island, and he was not sure who it was. I went to his island to log the materials that were missing, and found that your account had taken over four thousand blocks of dirt, more than six thousand blocks of stone, as well as hundreds of various other items; that is not including items taken from chests. Adding up all of the affected blocks, the logs show that you took over 17,000 blocks on Reformation's island; 17,585 to be exact. You also took a massive amount of items from various chests on the island; it took 12 pages of logs to display all of the stolen items.

I feel that it would be appropriate to insert a few screenshots showing just how large this grief was. It was not simply one bad choice that led to this. I have a very hard time believing that an offense of this magnitude was not premeditated; this took effort.

As you can see in this first screenshot, this was a picture that Reform had shared with me, showing what the island used to look like before this happened.

[​IMG]

As you can see, after this grief, there was quite literally nothing left. The only items that were still intact were containers that were locked. which you had no way of accessing. The chests in the center of the screenshot, on the cobblestone platform, contain most of the items that you had taken, and were not there originally.

[​IMG]

Before officially deciding the outcome of this appeal, I would like for you to answer some questions.

• Do you have any previous history with Reformations?
    • If so, has anything ever happened between Reformations and yourself that would make you want to do this out of revenge? Please explain your thought process behind these actions.
    • If not, why did you do this? Did you assume that you would be able to get away with it?
    • Assuming this appeal were to be accepted, would you be able to locate all items stolen from this island, and return it to Reformations?
    • Do you have any other relevant information that you feel is necessary to add before continuing? Please include everything that you would like me to know before my next reply; this is your chance to explain yourself.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  4. BennyDonut

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Hi michael1234,

My first encounter with Reformations was when he was online one day, so I choose to visit him since Classic server is very small nowadays. But there was no deep connections or knowing each other at all. My intend for my actions were not to be harmful or threaten but for my own selfish purpose to store up materials and make my island better. During that time when I was on Reformations's island, he was destroying his chest to remove useless items that he doesn't need, so I ask if I could have those item. He didn't reply as I took it he didn't seem to have a problem with it. Then it later escalated to where I gave trust from Reformations, reason being was he made a leave spleef arena where Borat2014 and I were going against each other to win a beacon for the last person standing. After that, some time has past I would say months. I would log in to Classic and always checking the player list to see what happen. Since I haven't saw Reformations for a long time I decided why not do a major size griefing. At that moment I thought Reformation was one of the OG players that came back just to visit but afterwards leave again for a long period of time. I thought since he was giving away his chest and stuff why couldn't I grief his whole island since he had a lot of resources that I would need to upgrade my island. But it turns out that what I thought was nothing serious came back to bite me in the a**. Again I had the mindset as a little kid back then, not knowing what was right and wrong and acting with no care at all. But I won't be fake and I want to own up to my mistakes. But I want to apologize to Reformations and that if he wants all his materials I can relocate them and deliver them in person. Again I want to apologize for what I did as it was not the right decision and I am willing to give back anything in return for what I did.

-BennyDonut

5. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Thank you for your honesty in your reply; I really do appreciate it. I appreciate the fact that you are both admitting to your actions, and taking the time to reflect upon the circumstances to understand why it was a mistake.

Seeing as this still was quite a serious offense, I do not feel that it would be appropriate to completely revoke your ban; however, I will consider shortening it.

I would like you to restate all of the rules, listed here, in your own words. I would also like you to explain why each rule is necessary for the server to function smoothly, and why it is necessary to infract players for breaking the rules. Upon completion, I will shorten your ban to seven days, under the condition that as soon as you get unbanned, you return all items back to Reformations, aside from the glass, quartz, and dirt, as those have already been confiscated from your island. I will follow up with Reformations to ensure that he is has been refunded.

6. BennyDonut

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Player Disrespect: Disrespecting players are not allowed due to the reasons that offending players not only create a bad environment for the Skyblock community but we can deter players from playing Skyblock.net due to unfriendly environment.
    Chat Related Offenses: Similar to "Player Disrespect" it is not allow to say whatever you want as you are not mindful of other player's beliefs. So again keep that safe environment friendly community going.
    Nick Abuse: Nick Abuse is not allow as you are framing someone's identity or not being mindful that your nickname could be offense and therefore making players uncomfortable and insecure when they come to Skyblock.net
    Extreme Chat Related Offenses: Extreme Chat Related Offenses are not allow as make players real uncomfortable with the language and talk that is being used if one player does not know the boundary and takes it to the next level regards if chat is about race, sexuality, etc.
    Advertising: Advertising is not allow as we want to keep what Skyblock isn't promoting out of this server/community. As Skyblock would like to not build in their community but to grow to keep the server up and running.
    Posting Malicious Links: Posting Malicious Links is not allow as this could be a crime offense if it is serious. Making players visit unknown links not own jeopardize tech but their own real life safety. We do not want our players to go to inappropriate sites or be tricked. So keeping all bad links and advertising out of Skyblock's community to create a interactive, sociable, fun, experience game.
    DDoS or Account Hacking Threats: Similar to Posting Malicious Links, DDoS and Account Hacking Threats is not permitted as you could be committing a crime depending on serenity. This not only creates malicious harm to player's tech but also making players fear Skyblock and not coming back for reasons of feeling unsafe or not fun.
    Releasing Private Information and Doxing: Releasing Private Information and Doxing is not permitted as it invade player's privacy and overall safety. We want to keep that friendly Skyblock community with out harming or revealing any unwanted informations out there.
    Ban/Mute Evading: Ban/Mute Evading is not permitted as this is a moment for the players to reflect on their own actions and owning up to it. Players that Ban/Mute Evading will be hell accountable for not cooperating to the ban directed by the server moderator.
    Griefing: Griefing is not permitted as no one want to have or what they builded to be destroyed and taken away from them. Griefing can deter player's motivation from committing to play Skyblock as a player is going to steal or destroy what they have.
    Island Farming: Island Farming is not permitted as it is unfair for the players who have pay to get their resources. Bending the rule and making the system not balance by Island farming is not permitted. So that we can create and fair and fun Skyblock community.
    Inappropriate Names: Inappropriate Names are not allowed as there are young players/kids who are playing Minecraft. We want to make Skyblock into a fun and interactive server with PG-13 contents only.
    Inappropriate Skins: Inappropriate Skins are not allow as similar to Inappropriate Names we don't want to influence players/young kids to be bad and seen things that are not to be shown. So creating a fun and safe server is important.
    Illegal Trading: Illegal Trading is not permitted similar to Island Farming it is not fair to have players who brought ranks only to realize that other players are bending the rules/system. So again we want to create a fair and fun server for every player that is playing.
    Player Killing: Player Killing is not permitted as it is similar to griefing as you are stealing from what the player has. Player Killing can deter player's motivation from committing to play Skyblock as a player could kill and steal their items.

Reflecting and reinstating the rules, I now realize that making Skyblock into a fun, interactive, and safe experience game is very important. As it is bigger than me, in a way we have to influence players with great ideas, attitude, and motivation to have a better world not only virtual/digital in game but in real life to help make peace and make the world a better place. Seeing this ban I have learned many things and I want to contribute to make SkyBlock.net a better place for all players young to old.

-BennyDonut

7. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Thank you for taking the time to read through the rules to ensure that you understand each one, and are able to prevent yourself from breaking the rules in the future.

Thank you for your honesty and sincerity throughout this process.

Your appeal has been accepted.

8. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.