Economy Base /sell all cooldown on ticks

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Ca1, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Hi, a Issue I have heard of on economy server is a lot of entities. Now with largely fluctuating tps (I heard of like a range of 10), players farms may vary their speeds, but the sell all cooldown is a constant. I suggest making the sell all cooldown based on how many in-game ticks have passed rather than on how many real-world seconds have passed. A good base value for further evaluation I think would be around 675-700ticks. This might prevent players having to crank up the speed of their farms and lots of overcompensation for when they go AFK and the TPS drops, meaning their farms have to produce more and more items. Obviously for an example a farm running at 10tps will have to be double the size of a farm running at 20tps to generate the same amount of drops. Larger farms means more lag. If the sell all timer is based on ticks people will be much more able to regulate the ideal sizes for their farms without the larger need to be creating "extra" entities incase of tps drops. I hope that made sense and let me know if you don't understand. Thanks! :D