Global Anniversary & BDay Gifts!

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by ChiTownSounds, Jan 7, 2022.

1. ChiTownSounds

ChiTownSounds Well-Known Member

I said it in gest to Kerhana in chat but upon further thought, I think it would be AWESOME to somehow gift long time players for their longevity or even everyday players for their BDay! Both to be checked by forum posts! Maybe a Cake head for Bdays and maybe a [Title] for players who've been with the server for a long time. Maybe after 5 Years [Vet] and 10 Years [OG]. Yeah, I'm a little partial considering I've been registered on the forums since 2012! XD

On my BDay, I set up a hopper and asked people to give gifts. Luckily, nobody questioned it and were very giving. But if that idea catches on, how would anyone know if it's really their Bday? If they make a post in a BDay thread, even if its not really their BDay, they would at least be locked into ONE day a year that's their BDay, making it fair! OG players? Well... when did they create their profile? Question answered! Just an idea... seeing more [Titles] would be a welcome sight... I'll leave the ACTUAL gift ideas in your hands, but these are my suggestions. Thanks! upload_2022-1-7_1-28-28.png

• Support Support x 7
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I extremely support this Idea! For it should be fitting to show Triggered 's true join date of August 1, 2019.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    I like the idea here!

always love getting small gifts!

4. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    such a cute idea! support.

i would get gifts on christmas day then :tonguewink::imp::hushed::grinning::starstruck:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    That's great, but they would also have to add something where you can disable it from being visible! I hate attention like that and I'm sure I'm not the only one:p

6. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    BIG FAT JUICY SUPPORT

In game: 2012
    Forums: 2013

MODS GET ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :starstruck:

7. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Whilst this is a nice Idea, I think its worth mentioning the probability these systems could be abused to gain in game loot like everything that happens. Just as a side note suggestion, perhaps make any of these potential rewards un-tradable to lower the likelihood of abuse. Its a cool idea, but needs to be thought out well to stop abuse. We know any head in game holds a value, and the first person to get one (should this system be put in place) could use it to gain a huge advantage in game by selling it while its in limited supply. Just needs to be mentioned :D

8. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Whatever you say, Oct 22, 2021..... :rollingeyes:

9. ChiTownSounds

That's why I said at the end "I'll leave the actual gift ideas in your hands" I get it... people suck sometimes! I certainly wouldn't sell mine tho! Maybe, like winning your OWN head it would say "ChiTownSounds BDay Gift" and every year its something different! I'm sure there's 100's of cake head designs out there. That way you KNOW whos it is to begin with! But again... it doesn't even have to be a head! Maybe its a BDAY Pick! Like the Indep ones. Toss an idea out there... Tell us what WILL work, not why this WONT work! :p ;)

10. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    i absolutely LOVE this idea!!!
    support support support

i really hope this suggestion will be accepted :heart: its so amazing hahah

11. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

I didn’t say it wouldn’t work I only mentioned the need for conditions on your suggestion. Personally I think it’s tough to moderate a suggestion like this, a lot of people don’t like sharing personal information such as birthdays, does that mean they should miss out? I like the idea of rewarding time spent on the server rather than rewarding someone who signed up in 2012 but has played 100 hours total in that time. Perhaps time based rewards are a better option. Perhaps an ingame reward system based on hours spent ON the server rather than a date you signed up to a forum. Rewards could include common items rather than specialty rares. 100hours get a spawner 200hours get a beacon 300hours get an elytra etc… but that’s only my opinion on your suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ChiTownSounds

:thumbsup:

13. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    the only problem with this is accounts being AFK for hours upon hours.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

sevrer with 200 player > server with 54 player

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

If that’s the only problem we are doing well :p

16. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    I agree with Leo

The addition of things like /advent or /gifts for example were heavily abused due to alting and added a lot of extra heads into the market but it was only a fraction of what it could have been due to the time limit they were given for availability. The problem with having another command that gives the same type of reward as these ones except there being 0 time limit for it, means it will inevitably be alted out of existence and become practically worthless to have a special gift

I'd love having a gift for being on the server for a long time but it needs a way to be controlled so that it doesn't just become another traded rare that everyone somehow has stacks of. A way to make it untradeable would solve that problem mostly, could be change so it works similar to dirt where it cannot be dropped or traded and punishable to trade if you really want to go that far for it. The idea is good I like it, there is just a lot of factors that need to be accounted for when adding something like this

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Honestly, this is a nice idea however not every persons join date is as cut throat as you may think. For me personally I played back in 2012 joining the forums in 2013 but if you were to look at this accounts profile you would think I’m lying but I am not these join dates can be proven by my old forums account and my old Minecraft account which I got back after buying a new Minecraft account… so that was fun. Also, speaking as someone who has been around for majority of the events done here on Skyblock this would not only get abused but it would make the item completely worthless deterring any value that it may have. This can simply be done by buy 100 alts for $10.00 from a website that will remain unnamed and associating a different birthday with each account. Again, a nice idea but it most likely won’t happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lexii

Lexii Well-Known Member

This is a super cool idea! I especially love the idea for the birthday heads as a little present

19. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    I think you might be the only one...

Great suggestion, but alts are.. a thing

20. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    I definitely support this idea as long as it is properly rolled out.

To combat the alt issue, the command should require the player to link their account to their forum profile which already stores the user's birthday. With that being done and the alt limit on the forum, you could effectively manage the issues of people abusing the system. While it isn't flawless, it would work the way it needed to.

Support.